It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Win Resounding Victory in Canadian Elections

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I voted NDP but am willing to at least give him a chance and I'll be honest I danced and shouted a little when I was certain there was no more Harper. I just wish I could have seen his face when he realized he wasn't getting reelected.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I was very disappointed with this elections candidates, so much that I gave a big middle finger to all of them and voted Green Party.

Harper is an idiot and a NWO stooge.

Trudeau is making all kinds of promises that he won't be able to keep and plans to reverse Canada's immigration laws, not to mention his father sold out Canada's banking system. I just don't trust "political dynasty" families because they almost always serve their own agendas.

NDP is all about immigration and welfare.

I've had multiple people tell me that voting Green was a waste of my vote... when its actually the opposite. Canada's Green Party is so small that the more votes they get the more funding they receive, unlike the majority parties who are already up to their ears in funding. If anything voting with the majority is a waste of a vote.
edit on 20-10-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It resounds like a nice, bassy fart in a toilet.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Up here, we prefer potheads over pricks.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: cayrichard
a reply to: awareness10

Don't expect great things from the prodigal son, a dumbed down version of dad. Canada will continue to be a Zionist state. Nothing will change.

Yes, don't worry i am well aware of that. It worries me endlessly..

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
A shame he wants to legalise niqabs

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Conservatism is in its death throes...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheInhumanCentipede

You are correct (at least in Canada)

Conservatism (or conservativism) is any political philosophy that favours tradition (in the sense of various religious, cultural, or nationally-defined beliefs and customs) in the face of external forces for change, and is critical of proposals for radical social change.

www.philosophybasics.com...

When faced with social issues which require a change in policy, then conservatism must sit back and allow that force for change.

Stephen Poloz, Governor of the Bank of Canada, tries again:

A young and vigorous cabinet, allowed to use their brains rather than just doing as they're told, may find activist solutions the previous government could not imagine.

The outgoing government was in principle anti-activist. Offered low taxes and left to its own devices, the free market foundered. The economy was shrinking and the rich were enriched. From the government, there seemed to be no plan B.

As a central banker and with his experience as head of Export Development Canada, Poloz knows that government can be economically useful in ways other than just stepping out of the way. Maybe this time, Poloz has government masters who will be more inclined to listen.

www.cbc.ca...
edit on 21/10/15 by masqua because: added text and a link

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeusImperator
A shame he wants to legalise niqabs

Ummm...they are already legal.
What kind of man feels it is his role to dictate what women can and cannot wear, anyway? Women in Ontario are allowed to bare their breasts in public. There is some sort of irony in Conservatives trying to order women not to conceal their faces.

Maybe that's why they've had their arses handed to them on two levels of government here.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
oh i was under the impression they were illegal. Like they should be. You cant see the face and dont know what the person is carrying. Are masks in public places allowed in canada? Also some women might be pressured into these vile tents against their own will by community or family. Sorry i dont hold religious fundamentalist in high regard. Moderate muslims dont wear these contraptions

edit on 21-10-2015 by DeusImperator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Sorry i dont hold religious fundamentalist in high regard.

I don't either...Christians included. But as long as it doesn't affect me, and doesn't scare the horses, why should I beat down on them? Why should you?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

(1) ''you cant see the face and dont know what the person is carrying.''
(2) ''some women might be pressured into these vile tents against their own will by community or family.''

sources for argument (2):
- islamqa.info... - > islamic forum where a women is encouraged against her will to obey her husband and wear niqab.
- www.onislam.net... >islamic forum where a women is encouraged to make her own choice and not obey her husband. Both women were pressured by husband against their will to wear niqab.
- www.telegraph.co.uk...

Saying this is the epitome of womens rights is insulting

also sorry to derail this thread, i read in a major dutch newspaper (Volkskrant) this morning about the elections in Canada and re-legalising niqab. Guess its time to change newspaper. (some weeks ago they also lied about assad gassing thousands of civilians, which is unproven bs) I think legalising marijuana on the other hand is a very good idea, especially as there seems to be a pretty large industry in Canada. Wish the Dutch goverment will follow swiftly.

PS. Im curious what is the liberals stance on Trade agreements especially with the US, as the Canadian goverment has been sued for many millions in the past years, yet not a single canadian company succesfully sued the US back.

by the way, the niqab was banned in EGYPT in all major islamic schools in October 2008. And the niqab has been outlawed in Azerbaijan, Tunisia and Turkey for years. In July 2015, Cameroon banned niqab and burqa after a niqab clad woman completed a suicide attack killing 13. In June 2015, the full face veil has been banned in Chad after veiled Boko Haram bombers disguised as woman completed multiple suicide attacks. In May 2015, the Republic of the Congo banned the face veil in order to counter extremism. The decision was announced by El Hadji Djibril Bopaka, the president of the country’s Islamic High Council. Seems like Canada is going backwards.
edit on 21-10-2015 by DeusImperator because: secular muslim countries dont allow niqab

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

(1) ''you cant see the face and dont know what the person is carrying.''

Personally, that does not scare me or must Canadians, which is one of the reasons why Dear Leader' was evicted from 24 Sussex.

(2) ''some women might be pressured into these vile tents against their own will by community or family.''

They might...they might not...for some it's a total cultural thing and they feel that not being veiled is tantamount to appearing naked in public. For some, it is their choice. Who are you to take that away from them in the guise of being a heroic white guy? Immigrants don't come here to change us, and if it happens, it's generally for the better. For the most part, they want their kids to become Canadians in every sense of the word. That's how you'll see the veil fall. In the meantime, I'm not gonna get all riled up about it as we have a lot more serious problems to attend to. I suggest you apply your energies to more important debates.

To catch up to your edits....Steve banned the wearing of the niqab while taking the oath of citizenshop. Supreme Court said 'Nay-Nay'. Free trade? Well, NAFTA was a Conservative creation, (Lyin' Brian) and the TPP...who knows?

Hey, Justin ain't the second coming (well, in a way, maybe) but at least, for a change, we'll be getting kissed while we're getting...never mind.

edit on 21-10-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

oh i was under the impression they were illegal. Like they should be. You cant see the face and dont know what the person is carrying. Are masks in public places allowed in canada? Also some women might be pressured into these vile tents against their own will by community or family. Sorry i dont hold religious fundamentalist in high regard. Moderate muslims dont wear these contraptions

Well if you want those illegal, then any mask that covers the face in winter should be banned, then we have halloween.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
As far as the niqab issue goes, let's just mention those 20,000 people dressed as zombies in Florida recently. The only reason it made the news is that someone decided to unload a firearm against them, killing one. Nobody complained that they were not dressed normally.

My problems with this new government is one of unanswered questions.

Who is Bill Blair (ex-Toronto Police Chief)? Is it the same one who created 'carding' and the effort to police 'poor neighbourhoods' with 'stop and frisk'? Also, was it not on his watch that police 'kettled' entire blocks of citizens, arresting all within that area and tossing them into cages during the G-20?

Yes, he is. How will his mindset change under the Trudeau leadership or will it?

Then there is Justin's acceptance of Bill C-51 and the Barbaric Cultural Practices Tip Line.

Is he HarperLite?

I will withhold my judgement until I see the direction this government takes. Let's wait and watch him sink or swim.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
As far as the niqab issue goes, let's just mention those 20,000 people dressed as zombies in Florida recently. The only reason it made the news is that someone decided to unload a firearm against them, killing one. Nobody complained that they were not dressed normally.

My problems with this new government is one of unanswered questions.

Who is Bill Blair (ex-Toronto Police Chief)? Is it the same one who created 'carding' and the effort to police 'poor neighbourhoods' with 'stop and frisk'? Also, was it not on his watch that police 'kettled' entire blocks of citizens, arresting all within that area and tossing them into cages during the G-20?

Yes, he is. How will his mindset change under the Trudeau leadership or will it?

Then there is Justin's acceptance of Bill C-51 and the Barbaric Cultural Practices Tip Line.

Is he HarperLite?

I will withhold my judgement until I see the direction this government takes. Let's wait and watch him sink or swim.

Three issues concerned me:
1) C-51
2) Bill Blair
3) Eve Adams
I ended up voting for him anyway, as I figured the Liberals had the best chance of defeating Dear Leader. Let's face it, folks tried to do it with the NDP last time out, and couldn't muster the votes. Obviously ABC worked when the Liberals were beneficiaries of the protest vote. I am a card carrying Lib, but I voted NDP last time because the Liberal leadership was a total cluster-#. Yes, we have to be vigilant with the new guys, but we have leverage. We know what we voted for and we have shown once again that we can toss them out if they disappoint us.
edit on 21-10-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: grammar's important, eh?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

From an American to my Canadian neighbors, I say thank goodness. Down with the death grip of the tories and Harper. It's been 10 years too late but at least the liberal party finally has someone who might serve the best interests of Canada rather than the USA.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: Metallicus

Canada just elected a pothead named Justin.

You say "pothead" like it's a bad thing...

The smoke tints his unkempt beard.

BTW Metallicus, you've got some Harper crumbs in your beard, time for a trim.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join