It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Win Resounding Victory in Canadian Elections

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Source

TORONTO (AP) — Canadians voted for a sharp change in their government Monday, resoundingly ending Conservative Stephen Harper's attempt to shift the nation to the right and returning a legendary name for liberals, Trudeau, to the prime minister's office.

Seems like a good thing for the folks up north, everything I've heard about Stephen Harper never seemed like something worth liking.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
A majority liberal win is just the lesser of 2 evils, now heres hoping trudeau can now make is promises come true.
edit on 19-10-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Canada just elected a pothead named Justin.

I thought the U.S. had the worst candidates.

I was wrong.

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It was either the pothead, or the hypocrite stooge that was so desperate for conservative votes he was campaigning with a crackhead just 2 days ago:

And don't worry, the US does still have the worst candidates, which is saying a lot considering well, ^crackhead^ and all...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
A majority liberal win is just the lesser of 2 evils, now heres hoping trudeau can now make is promises come true.

The lesser of two evils would have been a minority NDP government forced into a liberal alliance. Canadians may be polite, but they're stupid when it comes to politics.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/19.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

So this guy's family is the Canadian version of the Bush family. You elected his dad and now the son was the next in line? I am pretty sure your candidates are just as bad as ours. Maybe not worse, but how do these same bloodlines get elected over and over. It's sick.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Monarchy is on its way back. Queen Clinton II coming up... the voting machines will see to that. The voters are truly idiots, so I blame them for this. The politicians are doing their jobs of screwing the populace just the way they like to be screwed according to how they vote.

In my town the politicians convinced the population to vote down a ballot provision saying that those found guilty of fraud should be removed from office. So, how is it that I'm supposed to think politicians are the problem, and not the voters them self?

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

So this guy's family is the Canadian version of the Bush family. You elected his dad and now the son was the next in line? I am pretty sure your candidates are just as bad as ours. Maybe not worse, but how do these same bloodlines get elected over and over. It's sick.

Well for one thing, unlike the Bush legacy, Trudeau Sr. is actually regarded as one of the best Prime Ministers in Canadian history.

But don't look at me - I didn't vote for Justin. I'd still take an oligarchy of Trudeaus though over a corrupt and conniving megalomaniac who sold out Canada to Chinese businessmen, pulled personal liberties out from under our feet, and made an absolute mockery of democracy.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I beg to differ.. Along with others

Exerpt from website: www.frumforum.com...

To me, one story will always sum up Pierre Trudeau. 1979. Trudeau had lost that year’s election. His career seemed finished. Reporters awaited in the driveway of 24 Sussex Drive as he stepped into his gull-winged vintage Mercedes to speed away into history. One shouted: “Mr. Prime Minister – any regrets?” Pierre Trudeau pondered. He remembered something that Richard Nixon had said after losing the California governor’s race in 1962 and revised Nixon’s words to his own very different purpose. “Yes,” he said. “I regret I won’t have you to kick around any more.” It’s long past time that Canadians in turn resolved: no longer to be posthumously kicked by this bad man and disastrous prime minister.

I do however have hopes for Justin Trudeau, he is more like his Mother and Grandfather 'mothers father'. And said nothing to honor his dad Pierre Trudeau 'now deceased' in his closing remarks upon winning the Canadian Election.

I also recall reading Pierre Trudeau sold Canada off to the Big Banking Corporations, Indefinately Destroying Canada's infrastructure.
edit on 10/20/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Good luck Canada hope turning the coin over works out better for you than it has for us.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

You say "pothead" like it's a bad thing...

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

It was either the pothead, or the hypocrite stooge that was so desperate for conservative votes he was campaigning with a crackhead just 2 days ago:

And don't worry, the US does still have the worst candidates, which is saying a lot considering well, ^crackhead^ and all...

That has to be the WORST suit I've ever seen (on Ford). It looks like he has some suit-poncho draped over him!
edit on 20-10-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Double!
edit on 20-10-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: links234
Interesting that Harper ran a fear-based campaign, while Trudeau's was one of optimism..."Conservatives are not our enemies..they are our neighbours."

I could have been OK with a Mulcair victory...anybody but Harper!

edit on 20-10-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I was wrong.

So what is it about Trudeau's policies that you don't like? What makes him worse than your American candidates?
That he smoked pot? Hell, these days I wouldn't trust anyone who hasn't.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I ahve bad news. ISnt this party one of those who believes Global emissions is th e way to go? Another one who refused to join till now loses its power and now we have one less country oppossing restrictions on industry and will force canadians to go green wheter they want to or not. WHile INdia, and china get a free pass. COngrats canada. you got Obama mark 2.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Not sure, but I think you've confused the Liberal platform with that of the NDP, who were anti-pipeline, anti-oil, anti-free trade pacts, anti-Bill C51... well, just about anti-everything but the niqab.

Regardless of how anyone feels, they are our new government and I, for one, will be seeing how Trudeau governs for at least a few months before raising any red flags.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I was wrong.

So he smoked pot?

Whoopy do.

Seeing as I am always seeing US presidents drinking alcohol should I call them all booze heads?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I really like the idea of Trudeau's promise to legalize pot across the country and taxing the Hell out of it to support infrastructure improvements.

About time take that product out of the hands of criminals.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As an American, I'm curious. What changes do you think you'll see with this new administration?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join