It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 400 U.S. Cities May Be 'Past The Point Of No Return' With Sea Level Threats

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

You are safe, your family is safe, Florida will still be there tomorrow and the next day, and long before your children, children are born, by the time Florida is flooded by raising sea levels your future generations would have already found a way to stay away from the coast and safe in higher elevations.

Enjoy Florida.

I live in an Island in PR and no where in the Island is signs that the sea is eating the beaches no even with the hurricanes we get.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

No, that is just a strawman. NO ONE and I repeat NO ONE is saying that Climate doesn't change naturally nor that it didn't change naturally in the past. The point is that the Climate is changing NOW much differently than it changed in the past when subjected to natural forces. We have traced a correlation to this difference directly to human CO2 output.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I grew up in the Caribbean where you can get a hurricane with 10 foot storm surge with 10 foot battering waves on top of that, any given year. Though it is rare in places the same potential exists along the whole coastline.

It's called... the ocean. It sloshes. It rises. It falls. It tsunamises. It tideses, my Precious.

This hysteria about rising oceans/sinking cities by millimeters hits me like some bizarre daycare center where they serve beans for lunch and soon after everyone starts farting. Only instead of giggling and laughing, they all start rolling on the floor wailing in terror as if it's the end of the world. Yes, it DOES seem that absurd to me.

The lowest of the lowest of bottom-feeder stupid.
A level of stupid beyond hope of pity.
A level of stupid deserving of contempt.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Ok, Puerto Rico goes from ocean to highlands quickly, its not a flat piece of land like Florida so initially there went be much to notice.

I really believe that those in denial need to at least consider the high water south Florida sees every early fall a possible indicator of sea level rise. Enough to warrant a coastal flood advisory during calm weather and seas.

It really does appear the water is getting a little higher each year, but don't take my word for it, observe it your self or at least talk to some other Floridians.

Remember, Florida's governor Rick Scott has issued a gag order against any talk about climate change...despite our state showing signs of the ocean encroaching and the state allocating millions each year for beach renourishment projects.

edit on 16-10-2015 by jrod because: cell error

edit on 16-10-2015 by jrod because: blah

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Is a fact that people tend to see life and history in their own life terms because many do not have the capacity to deal with anything that is beyond their own life span 

:-)

Very nice Marg

Are you a scientist?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You might as well smack yourself in the head repeatedly with a big stick...

Certain individuals can't conceive of the significance of a few inches of extra water or what that extra water might mean in terms of actual damage or just as a contributing factor to bigger and badder storms

Truth is climate change may bring us more immediate and dangerous conditions well before the problem of the seas rising becomes obvious to everybody

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

How about you, at least I research regardless all the bull crap you can find online.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: ~Lucidity

If you look back a few pages I posted how much money all those gas and oil companies has been in front page of financing the global warming scam man made scam, they started with just a few millions of dollars during the 90s and 2000s and now is Trillions of dollars investment for them since the global warming scare took hold in 2011, Why is that, they are to profit from the global warming scare because they have the money to pay for the new investments that already are in place as tocks, innovations and scams like the propaganda we are seen everyday.

Or there's the opposite viewpoint in that they are denying and propagating and financing the denial of climate change because they want to milk every last buck out of their own outdated tech and product.

That is also why they work very hard to either quash or buy up all the new technology, particularly in the areas of renewable energy...to keep their own money flowing no matter what the cost to people and the earth.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yes, you are right what can you expect from the capitalists in this country, they will invest trillions in order to get a big return, after all oil and gas has been on the top of the pyramid when it comes on investment returns in the nation,

And now that they have plenty invested in green energy and had done enough research in how to screw the consumers they are backing the UN Climate Goals, see the scammers will take the side of that will promise the best returns as usual.

People think that the oil and gas barons has been behind of what they call the "denials of man made global change" but if they research enough these Oil barons actually has been funding the man made global change for the last two decades.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I know. I got into a debate with someone who has water front property who was posting the pictures of his submerged dock who went on a rant about how climate change is a hoax to levy more taxes.

I provided good links to what the science says, while this guy and some one else were posting the typical talking points from whatsupwiththat and the classy Al Gore jokes. I think science won that debate, however it is frustrating when someone's backyard is flooding due to a higher than normal sea level and said person refuses to consider that maybe this is indeed an indicator that the oceans are rising.

edit on 16-10-2015 by jrod because: gg

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

How about you, at least I research regardless all the bull crap you can find online. 

At least? Regardless of all the bullcrap?

Why the hostility? It was a simple question...your posts are infinitely ironic marg

That bit I quoted earlier is very true - but it applies equally to those on the climate denial end of things. Well, maybe not equally...

I am not a scientist. You have no idea how much reading I've done Marg - no idea...I rely on scientists speaking out from many different branches of science to report honestly about what they're observing. You think you're being thorough? You accuse science of being bought and paid for - and dishonest...

How big is science?

But not your sources - right? Your sources are legit?

Migrations are changing faster than they ordinarily change - go read...

The oceans are heating - do you know what happens if the plankton die out? Go read...

If the climate shifts enough that food can't be grown?

Times a wastin' - and some people want you to stay comfortable and complacent because: money

Go read...everything

edit on 10/16/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I love all the unusual weather stories in the news, and the weather dudes and dudettes just give it all a cursory: this is so unusual...

its not actually funny...but honestly

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

This is what you are worrying about?

...HIGHER THAN NORMAL TIDES WILL STILL PERSIST IN FLORIDA BAY...

* COASTAL FLOODING...ISOLATED COASTAL FLOODING WILL PERSIST IN THE
UPPER KEYS AT TIME OF HIGH TIDE AGAIN TODAY AND TONIGHT IN FLORIDA
BAY...INCLUDING BLACKWATER AND BUTTONWOOD SOUNDS. WATER LEVELS WILL
AVERAGE LESS THAN A FOOT ABOVE THE PREDICTED HIGH TIDES.

* TIMING...OBSERVED WATER LEVELS CONTINUE TO SHOW A DOWNWARD TREND
DURING THE LAST FEW DAYS. HOWEVER...WATER LEVELS ALONG FLORIDA BAY
ARE STILL ELEVATED...REGARDLESS OF THE TIDAL CYCLE FOR AT LEAST
ANOTHER DAY OR TWO. MINOR AND ISOLATED COASTAL FLOODING LIKELY WILL
END THIS UPCOMING WEEKEND...WITH THE ONSET OF STRONGER NORTHEAST
TO EAST BREEZES.

* IMPACTS...THE PRIMARY HAZARD WILL BE SALTWATER FLOODING OF THE
LOWEST ELEVATION STREETS. SOME STORM DRAINS WILL OVERFLOW...AND
SOME DOCKS AND SEAWALLS WILL BE OVER-TOPPED.
&&

This was issue today, the weather channel has an explanation for this EL NINO

This for low areas, that have problems with flooding from high tides anyway.

If you live in one of the areas of this type of flooding, then you may rethink if is worth it to live in the area you live as if probably have a history of flooding.

alerts.weather.gov...

Keep safe.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
You can't reduce all this to one days weather report

They're saying the Nino this year will possibly be one of the most intense ever. El Nino is normal - the way this on could potentially play out is unusual

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I believe this is the concern Jrod have that he believes is been on going for a month in Florida, my daughter lives in Panama city, she has a beach front and is not warnings in her area.

Is common for low areas along the coast to get flooded, I agree with you el nino is cyclical and I remember the last time we had it we got a bit of snow in my neck of the woods during that winter, very unusual for Southern Ga.

edit on 16-10-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Nevermind marg - :-)

I'm only suggesting that you, someone that appears to want to be thoroughly educated - read outside your favorite sources

You better believe I do

edit on 10/16/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I read, a lot, actually, more than you think, been like that since I got my first book as a child, but when it comes to the "man made global warming" I don't bite into it due to the fact that the trail of money is too big to hide when it comes to whom may profit from it and the solutions are nothing but that solutions with heavy money backing.

Sadly on that we will never agree on, but is ok to disagree and agree, we all have our own opinions and we also base those opinions on what we believe and research on, If we humans had a collective mind without individual thinking our world would be the most incredibly happy world in the universe.

But we have free minds, thankfully, so we will not be so bored with each other.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have to wonder what it would take for the man made climate change followers to see the light. What would convince you followers that it is a natural cyclic event?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043.

Panama city is in north Florida, no where near the Gulf Stream.

This event happens in SOUTH and EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA!

I've written that several times already!

A big difference, hell most Floridians consider Panama City part if LA, that is lower Alabama

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It would take a majority of the scientific community to reverse their findings and publish them.

When it comes to science, I prefer to listen to scientists.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join