It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 400 U.S. Cities May Be 'Past The Point Of No Return' With Sea Level Threats

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

That is not true.

I remember concerns about global warming being raised in the early 90's when Bush I was still in office.

No data has been manipulated, to write such a tells me that you are ignorant of the actual science and need to stop believing the BS people like Rush spew.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

That is not true.

I remember concerns about global warming being raised in the early 90's when Bush I was still in office.

No data has been manipulated, to write such a tells me that you are ignorant of the actual science and need to stop believing the BS people like Rush spew.

For you not to know about the scientists funded by the government who got caught falsifying data about global warming tells me it is you who is ignorant. They were on-board with colleagues who so happened to be right and left wing people. Maybe that is because CASH IN HAND is nonpartisan? I am the one actually looking at those "inconvenient" facts. Have you? Or are the "facts" what the group mind tells you are facts, like those scientists who got busted lying and cheating on their charts and graphs data?

And none of that information came from Rush either. Are you unwittingly implying that right wing people think global warming is a hoax because they all listen to Rush, and then also unwittingly admitting that left wing people just simply believe whatever they hear CNN telling them that global warming is true because government is telling us it is?

Whatever happened to doing your own research and discovering the truth by yourself?

You did manage to get one thing right, and that is scientists were talking about global warming and cooling trends 50 years ago.
What they weren't doing was calling for civilians to prepare their savings and cash, to hand it over to the government who would magically cure the earth of any man made threat. I think you missed that part.

Google is your friend for facts.
Try typing "global warming scientists caught falsifying data"

You can choose from over 100,000 links with reports exposing the frauds.
But those must all be some concerted effort by Rush fans and rotten conservatives because a real global crisis is only something that liberals and the left would wish to avoid, right?

edit:
What I have found, and so many millions of others, is that climate change occurs because of the sun and albedo modulation of our sun. It isn't being caused by co2. co2 affects climate, but it does NOT drive it.
But this truth leaves the left with no clear path of ripping off the masses by forcing a carbon credit tax scheme. And it also cheats the right wing in our government from the same scam, so they can't use that either. The entire charade has left and right folks involved.
scammers
more
edit on 15-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Have you seen this one?

Sixty Years of Data Show Waves are Getting Stronger, Threatening Coastlines and Infrastructure

That's a good link. It's not just a projection. It's a mapped out series of events traced back over the last 60 years. I mean there HAS to be a point where you say, "Yes this is real, the evidence is overwhelming." The problem is that most people that are in the denial camp refuse to actually LOOK at the evidence, instead relying on forum posts or the media to do it for them.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Utt Oh , Better Buy a Boat........If You Actually Believe that Fiction .

Do you have a reason why you wouldn't believe it? Like have you actually reviewed the evidence?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I get what you are saying, but the point is that those costs are just going to increase and increase. Eventually the city is either going to become a floating city or be at risk of perpetual flooding. There just has to be a point where you cut your losses. We can try to put off the inevitable for as long as possible, but to sink tons of money into fighting a perpetual war against the incoming ocean is just a fool's game.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: HighDesertPatriot
So I am back after a long absence, and I find it amusing that this climate warming change nonsense still gets traction here.

Maybe because it's real...

Let us know where it is real, I live on a coastline and not a millimeter rise has been recorded in 20 years that we have been hearing things.

So because YOU specifically haven't seen any problems, that automatically makes it untrue? You do know that is just an anecdote fallacy correct?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

a reply to: Reallyfolks

Did you not read the final half of the OP? It clearly says that while those cities are effectively doomed, we CAN act to stop more cities from being doomed.
what happens when they're not underwater?

Then science admits that it was wrong. Like it always does...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

We all know about Climategate. It was a manufactured scandal. Here's four different and independent links saying the same thing.

Debunkin g Misinformation About Stolen Climate Emails in the "Climategate" Manufactured Controversy

Case closed: "Climategate" was manufactured

The Fake Scandal of Climategate

How the 'climategate' scandal is bogus and based on climate sceptics' lies

Who's out of date with information now?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

a reply to: Bennyzilla

So a bunch of cities are doomed to be underwater, we need to act now to prevent more cities from going underwater, and you STILL want to wait for proof? You know doing so is going to cause more cities to go underwater right? What happens if we pass the tipping point for NYC while we are waiting for this to happen?

Hey guy. Just wait 'till Yellowstone blows. A couple hundred cities will be the least of our troubles, and any and all "man-made" Climate Change will be a dead dream businessmen failed to profit from.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

That could happen 5 years from now or 10,000 years from now. We don't have a clue when that is going to pop. What's next, are you going to tell me to worry about all the near Earth asteroids that we don't know about in the Solar System? After all, it's only a matter of time before a really big one hits us again, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Sea levels are if anything falling.

Just go down the shore and see for yourself.

Of course what they also fail to tell you is that sea levels used to be many many meters higher than they are now. So even without mans intervention levels go up and down over eons.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I try to be understanding of those who don't understand climate science and will try to provide links to good information on the topic.

It does get a bit frustrating when someone refuses to actually look at the science and data yet will run with a manufactured story, then try to imply I'm too stupid or stubborn because I stick with what the science and data are telling us.

You have been quite busy on this thread, keep up the good work.

Discussing this topic always brings out those in denial who won't bother looking at the science, but will take a forbes, breitbart, or Rush Limbaugh piece as if it is the god's honest truth.

I do believe there are sock puppets whose goal is to make it appear that being in denial of the science behind climate change is more popular than it really is, manufacturing a consensus.

edit on 15-10-2015 by jrod because: grr

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

If sea levels are truly falling, can you provide evidence to that claim?

Also the Florida keys have been under a coastal flood advisory for a good portion of the past month, due to higher than predicted tides. This kind of event certainly does not indicate sea levels are falling.

edit on 15-10-2015 by jrod because: h8 cellphone keypad

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Thanks for the support. Yea, the thread has been trying on my patience. It's amazing how people think that there own words and reasoning can just trump outside evidence from a more qualified source...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Ghost147
I'm afraid that the deniers will not concede to the issue until they either drown in those cities, are forced to move, or even then may still deny.

It will be quite an interesting lifetime, regardless if such events occur or not.

I would love to know what any of that matters? Even if you convince all the civilians, (which is the target audience of those who create this scam). Why would governments target those who can't do anything about stopping this? Only governments have the power to shut down fossil fuel burning industries. Has the US attempted to stop China from burning coal?

I don't know if you realize this or not, but the scientific community doesn't apply to the US alone. When scientists discuss matters of CO2 emissions, global warming, or anything else for that matter, its directed at the Human Race. The US isn't the only place on Earth that has scientists that acknowledge the issues we are facing.

As for convincing civilians, you're both right and wrong. Industry produces the issue, but civilians maintain it. There really are plenty of other options out there that an individual can do to reduce the amount of energy they use, or the footprint they give off. Industry is industry for one reason, and that surely is not the interests and health of civilians, it's to make money. But when your consumers decide they don't want their product anymore and search for alternatives, that industry is forced to change or die. Which is why big corporations very regularly purchase small businesses that have come up with an amazing, helpful product that totally counteracts their own product, and then drives that business to the ground.

It's simply easier to continue doing what you are doing, with a solid record for profit, rather than to buy into something new and taking a hit in profit until it because the norm.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Global warming has been around since the 19th century when scientist started to worry about green gas effects due no to human interaction but volcanoes and solar activity, they even blame the moon radiations also, as a new theory of the time scientist want it to know why earth had warming periods followed by extreme cooling periods and how that could affect the growing human population, as scientist started to research on data from earth core samples the global warming felt out of favoritism as earth cycles has experienced this type of warming before and interestingly they also found out that after a warming in earth an ice age would follow, but as usual thanks to profiteers the issue took hold again during the 90s and started to get heavily financed by the 2000s.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

That was due to the possibility of hurricanes tropical storms impact in the area we are still under hurricane season you know.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I guess the question is....

Who to believe? A bunch of "know nothing" internet trolls that refuse to post any links to support their position or....

NASA?

www.nasa.gov...

or....

NOAA

www.noaa.gov...

or

The US ARMY

www.theguardian.com...

as much as I distrust tptb, at least they have some credibility, scientific research, data bases etc. where as the internet trolls don't imo. All they have is Rush and the AM radio conservatives opinions. Total BS imo.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense! Deny Ignorance....

edit on 15-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The coastal flood advisory was issued before Joaquin was even a tropical depression, however the massive swell from the hurricane did contribute to more (minor)flooding.

Generally this time of the year south and east central Florida experience a seasonal high tide as a result of warm water and a faster flowing gulf stream. This yearly event seems be getting stronger. Talk to someone who owns water front property, they will tell you the water appears to be getting higher each year

Now the Gulf if Mexico is starting to cool down so hopefully the water won't enchroach anymore this year.
edit on 15-10-2015 by jrod because: /edit

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I watch the weather channel every day in the morning, I believe is something else going on in the gulf and coast of Florida as a side effect of the el nino activity, just watch the weather channel it explains the weather patterns that will be affecting Florida.

I also noticed that the weather channel is giving a cooler winter to the east coast than usual, even when el nino is supposed to be warmer air, but I guess it maybe due to the rain that el nino is bringing to the south and the amount of days that the weather is overcast or will be overcast in the winter.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join