It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 400 U.S. Cities May Be 'Past The Point Of No Return' With Sea Level Threats

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I see a lot of red states turning blue in the future due to mass migration from climate change.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

More scare tactics, to make people believe it's in their best interests to limit their activities and to tax them even more!

Sea levels fluctuate, and this is normal.

The sea level scam

Fact is, it's a scam.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Just because you claim something is a fact doesn't make it so. I also see you linked an opinion piece as your 'evidence'.

That's fine you are skeptical, but at least back up your skepticism with actual data and such. Claiming an opinion piece is fact simply because it strokes your confirmation bias is ignorance not skepticism.

I've seen first hand what I consider possible evidence of rising sea levels down here in South Florida.

edit on 17-10-2015 by jrod because: a

edit on 17-10-2015 by jrod because: aa

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PrinceOfEarth

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
414 Cities and in worst case scenario over 1800 cities.

Its quite simple, you do it.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

My opinion: China's one-child policy and new attention to large scale construction of nuclear plants instead of coal are the most globally significant pro-environmental policies in human history compatible with personal prosperity and long-term sustainability.

Germany, for all its superficial environmentalism, is throwing it away and much more in in a few years by going backwards and shutting down nuclear and building more coal plants. They greenwash it with a bit of solar and wind, but coal use is going up, not down.
edit on 17-10-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
New Orleans is already 'under water". They will build the levees a little higher, that's all.

edit on 17-10-2015 by Parthin96 because: .

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Parthin96

Yeah.

How about Florida? Where will they get their drinkin' water from?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Jeb Bush?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Plenty of land to move to, much more efficiently and at a lot lower cost than carbon taxes.

modern technology drained the swamps and stabilized the soil. Whose to say they can't stop the water in the future. New orleans has been doing it.

Technology can save us from using hydrocarbons but cant save us from rising water?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Since the problem somehow seems to come back to taxes for some obsessed with it, just think:

how much taxes to pay to keep Miami from flooding? What's level of taxes for what sort of enormous infrastructure? It's a long coastline. And if you abandon major cities, what about the taxes to rebuild them somewhere else?

Revenue neutral carbon/greenhouse taxes to encourage better energy choices are a far far far better deal.

Slowing global warming isn't just an environmental necessity---it's a financial necessity. The "SCIENTISTS ARE GREEDY TAX ELITIST" believers don't seem to appreciate the magnitude of the consequence of not doing so.

And oh yeah, that "technology can save coastal cities" business didn't work out so well for New Orleans either. A big storm surge on increased sea level is utterly devastating to people's wallets. The catastrophic reinsurers, who have a strong financial incentive to price the risks accurately don't have a "no worries mon" attitude.

Are you going to be happy gasoline was 2 cents cheaper?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The sea levels are not going to rise. The real threat would be a tsunami hitting one of America's coasts. Imagine a 500 foot wave killing every single person in southern Florida or coastal California.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

The new orleans catastrophe was caused by poorly maintained levees and had nothing whatsoever to do with weather.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: mbkennel

The new orleans catastrophe was caused by poorly maintained levees and had nothing whatsoever to do with weather.

So Katrina had no significant impact? I agree that the levees were not up to the job required, but the hurricane is what did them in.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

The channeled message from GBOL (Great Brotherhood Of Light) is to live in places that are at least 200 ft above sea level. So check the altitude of the town, city, etc of where you live. That should be easy. For more info, contact the Sanctus Germanus Foundation (SGF) at: www.sanctusgermanus.net...

You can even subscribe to its FOC newsletter, if interested. The SGF is located in Canmore in the Canadian Rockies. The Director has been traveling round the world and spreading urgent messages to mankind. He is happy to conduct courses, give talks and lectures - FOC - to interested participants.

The Sep 2015 newsletter carries the latest message from El Morya and here's an excerpt:

"It has been some time since I've brought a message through you in this fashion. But I called you to channel this message for a reason. And that is because we are now on the brink of some very important events that are about to hit the earth plane [this sounds like the incoming Nibiru event to me. According to Gill Broussard, it has already entered the Earth plane and he believes it will bring unprecedented devastation as of the first quarter of 2016]

For karmic reasons we cannot tell you what it is. However we want you to be prepared for whatever might come. And that preparation comes through your own control of your body and mind. This is not the time to be frivolous. This is not the time to be what you will call scatter-brain. This is the time for thoughtful, pensive actions. This is a time that calls for you to control your emotions, to control excessive desires for whatever that is offered on the earth plane." - El Morya The rest of the message can be read here: www.mynewsletterbuilder.com...

edit on Octam15 11 20 by Rextiberius because: amendments

edit on Octam15 11 20 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I agree, but for believing is a scam you get slam for it, after all it seems that the goal is to kill the opinion of skeptics and for what we have seen on the government and those behind the global warming scam for profits the desirable result is to have not opposition to their doom theories to get the money flowing.

Make clima change a national security and make it illegal for anybody to challenge it.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Katrina caused so much damage like any other hurricane that hits NO for one reason and will happen again and again and again, NO is the city that sits on an area that used to be a natural Delta and is should no be in that area to begin with.

The arrogance of man thinking that they can control nature.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I am sorry but I do believe you are mistaken about the levees during Katrina

www.washingtonpost.com...

But with the help of complex computer models and stark visual evidence, scientists and engineers at Louisiana State University's Hurricane Center have concluded that Katrina's surges did not come close to overtopping those barriers. That would make faulty design, inadequate construction or some combination of the two the likely cause of the breaching of the floodwalls along the 17th Street and London Avenue canals -- and the flooding of most of New Orleans.

In the weeks since Katrina drowned this low-lying city, there has been an intense focus on the chaotic government response to the flood. But Ivor van Heerden, the Hurricane Center's deputy director, said the real scandal of Katrina is the "catastrophic structural failure" of barriers that should have handled the hurricane with relative ease.

"We are absolutely convinced that those floodwalls were never overtopped," said van Heerden, who also runs LSU's Center for the Study of Public Health Impacts of Hurricane

Besidew why are you talking about Katrina? Katrina is weather. Climate change is NOT weather. At least that is what we get told everytime we present facts that don't support climate change. Oh yes. I forgot. People who believe in climate change are allowed to use examples of weather to provide evidence of and support belief in climate change. People who don't believe in climate change are simply told that we don't understand the difference between weather and climate change.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Had Katrina not impacted New Orleans, the levees would have been breached. She missed New Orleans but was close enough to cause a great storm surge.

Extreme weather events are a possible symptom of climate change. I will say that there was a lot of sunspot activity in 2005 around the time Katrina formed. Rita and Wilma also happened that year(Wilma was a record breaker in terms of intensity, and rapid intensification).

Concerning AGW, I am still waiting for good evidence that contradicts AGW. I'll even throw you guys a bone and use a stump talking point I've used in the past when debating the other side of the fence: Antarctic Sea Ice.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

how about if you educate me for a change.

It is claimed that CO2 concentration is now up to about 400 ppm.

But it is my understanding that CO2 concentration is not actually measured like with instruments. It is actually calculated and is, in fact, an assumed value.

Is this correct?

If the very people who are financially dependent on the theory of global warming are the same people who are calculating CO2 in the atmosphere - how can you be so sure that the calculation is accurate?

Tired of Control Freaks

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join