It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleister Crowley - The failure

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

The basics for religion is working together, respect and have a modest way of life.
The basics for rituals in religion is creating a sterile environment for everyone to live in.

What Crowley did was understand it, and use it for his own gain, using a modern term called propaganda.

He was gifted, but what he did is .... My ancestry did the same, and they were burned at the stake.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Crowley wasn't a religionist, he was a spiritualist.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Did you know that Aleister Crowley was raised evangelical Christian, and that his father was a preacher?

Crowley wasn't a religionist, he was a spiritualist.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Aleister Crowley could probably stack up against King John as one of the vilest Britons that ever lived.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

i highly doubt that, a machiavellian King during the dark ages. And you compare it to a spoiled brat?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Aleister Crowley could probably stack up against King John as one of the vilest Britons that ever lived.

WOW! LOL Al would be so proud! But, let me ask you this: Who did Aleister Crowley kill, murder, enslave or oppress?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

My apologies if you misconstrued my comments as pro-Crowley. I'm not a Thelemite, and my knowledge of Aleister Crowley is strictly armchair. I've read the "Book of Lies," the "Book of Thoth," "Magick," the "Book of the Law," and "777" as well as the compilation of short stories "The Drug and Other Stories," and one biography: "A Magick Life". None-the-less, I don't have an opinion one way or another on Aleister Crowley.

My commentary is on Hyperia's claim to practice magic older than Babylon, and his subsequent refusal to explain this magic, claiming that it is some occult mystery that is better left veiled.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wandering Scribe
a reply to: akushla99

My apologies if you misconstrued my comments as pro-Crowley. I'm not a Thelemite, and my knowledge of Aleister Crowley is strictly armchair. I've read the "Book of Lies," the "Book of Thoth," "Magick," the "Book of the Law," and "777" as well as the compilation of short stories "The Drug and Other Stories," and one biography: "A Magick Life". None-the-less, I don't have an opinion one way or another on Aleister Crowley.

My commentary is on Hyperia's claim to practice magic older than Babylon, and his subsequent refusal to explain this magic, claiming that it is some occult mystery that is better left veiled.

~ Wandering Scribe

Understood, my friend

No apology needed.

Å99

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Something's are just called naturalism

The philosophy of Naturalism begins with pre-Socratic philosophers in ancient Greece during the 6th century BCE. Naturalism, as a philosophy, is not older than Babylon, as you claim. Babylon was founded circa 2000 BCE, nearly 1400 years prior to the advent of Naturalism as a philosophy.

You don't need demonlogy for that

Absolutely. If you're a humanist or naturalist you can very easily attune your body and mind to the natural rhythms of the Earth and its seasons sans divinity of any kind (celestial, terrestrial, or chthonic); this was never a question.

resurrection symbolics is called the equinox in Sweden, praise the sun on 22-25 of December ancient tradition of survival.

Again, you're correct, from a naturalistic perspective the quarter-days of the solar year are representations of the Earth's journey from fertility (spring) to vitality (summer), through decay (autumn) and death (winter), only to begin again. It doesn't require anthropomprhic veneration of the sun to accept these tenets.

That wasn't your claim though. Remember, your claim was that you practiced a magic "older than Babylon". If your claim, then, is that naturalistic observations (sans deification of any kind) pre-date polytheism and Babylonian henotheism, you'd be academically, scholarly, and archaeologically wrong.

As stated above, the birth of naturalistic philosophy begins with Thales of Miletus, a philosopher who lived circa 624-546 BCE. Therefore, Naturalism, as a philosophy, is actually born no more than 100 years before the end of Mesopotamian Babylon, which occured in 539 BCE with the conquest of Babylon by Persia.

The rituals are placed in order for people to remember what to do, since all humans are primates.

The rituals aren't "placed," so much as the co-occur with observational phenomenon: the sun's inclination and declination, the fecundity of herds, the fertility of trees and vegetation, the harvest seasons, and a variety of celestial phenomenon, including the movements of planets and the rising of particular stars in the dawn/dusk sky.

And to answer your question, people die in the real world cause of stereotypes

I never asked a question about stereotypes.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 17/10/15 by Wandering Scribe because: edited some code

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wandering Scribe

Where do you think knowledge comes from? Human imagination? No, human ingenuity and empirical data, the philosophy of Naturalism is what Crowley points to demonology, accept what you are.. In nature fine, as a spoiled rebelious brat in society naaah...

The obelisk points to a single celestial body, which made seasons a lot easier,you could build neolithic societies by erecting a huge fallace.. Do i need demonology to understand that humans and their instincs points to a one year around season, what gives? The instincts.. Nature holds every secret, not the Universe, if i want an answer to a universal question i know where to find the answer... This is what Crowley figured out, we are affected by everything around us, cause we are animals.. Classical conditioning is what nature provide and are we affected by the moon and its gravitational field probably, full moon? Highly likely? Sun, most definitely.. Like i said you share fifty percent of your DNA with a flower, its means you and the flower share the same DNA, this earth is here..
Your brain rewards you if you can provide the reptilian part of it its most basic urges, and it will do anything, to trick
and deceive you into doing its biding.

There is your demon, try to master it.. I havent but we found a compromise which suits us both, and green tea.

My claims, are called Blackheads, you figure out the rest.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Crowley is still alive and well. In every anti mass religious text, every subversive movie or tv show, all of your favorite songs, from the beatles to black sabbath to led zeppelin. Crowley was an artist, writer, and creator. And his creation still lives and influences today. So, no, he wasn't a failure. He was a raging success, if success is based on how much your work and thought influences the world. Humans are mortal, so the only hope they have of becoming eternal is by influencing the world with art and creation. It is the only way to be immortal.

Plus, he was on the cover of sgt. Pepper... That's pretty damn successful, if you ask me. Teens will be reading Crowley and getting influenced to rebel against a stale lifeless society 200 years from now, just as they are today. Magic is just another word for influence. And influence was what people like Socrates, Jesus, Buddha, and Crowley excelled at.
edit on 18-10-2015 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   
In light of the recent interest in Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Saying there is ‘Overwhelming Evidence’ CIA Was Involved In Assasination of JFK we might look at where Robert Trumbull Crowley got his trolling skills.

Robert Crowley was one of the founding spooks at the CIA in 1947 the same year Aleister Crowley died.

Robert Trumbull Crowley died on 8th October 2000. After Crowley's death, Gregory Douglas published a book called, Regicide: The Official Assassination of John F. Kennedy (2005). The book claims that there was a conspiracy to kill John F. Kennedy, and uses material that he claimed he obtained from Crowley to claim that the CIA had a central role in the assassination under the code name Operation Zipper.

Some fine day we may discover the truth but today isn't looking good.

RTC could be a chosen pen name
Could be cryptic like the thouless cipher from the 1940's
Could be all just coincidence
ATS rules think as thou wilt!
Lou Troglodyte

edit on 9-5-2023 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join