It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleister Crowley - The failure

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I think the main problem here isnt Crowley and his work. I think the aspect here is that you found a purpose within Crowleys work, its like telling someone, hey, we are primates and we are really stupid, and then someone goes no we are spiritual beings. Two thumbs, imagination and a FOX2P gene thats what we are, what separates you from a chimpanzee is speech. The most powerful tool you have is linguistics, combine it with conditioning and empirical data from nature and you have a propaganda tool.

You see the man was a hypocrite, he was gifted, but he was a hypocrite. Its his followers as someone states thats the problem. Homosexuality is a normality in nature, to put a date on something isnt difficult when you understand how the world works.
The clock or the fourth dimension, or as you call it time and space, was invented 6000 years ago, main purpose logistics in warfare. It doesnt exist, its in your head.

He was given a few secrets within a very secluded society, of the main aspect that he was highly gifted, but he failed. It was his grandeur, his obsession, he fell to what Aristotle calls it Natural law. With a magic wand he played among monkeys, and some thinks he was something greater than he really was.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: akushla99

Crowley never claimed to be a god or deity that was immune from physical disease. Crowley suffered kidney disease as a young man in his teens. He struggled with all kinds of health problems, which makes his physical endurance as a mountain climber even more impressive.

Aleister Crowley was a brilliant man who mapped out the occult for anyone to delve into at whatever depth or angle they prefer, hiding no secrets, doing so at great risk to his personal reputation and well being.

Then we will have to agree to disagree on several of Your points...

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Your thread seems to have no purpose.

You know nothing about me or from whence I derive my sense of purpose.

You also know nothing of Aleister Crowley, or his writings or his teachings, other than what you got from some pop-cultural, faux satanic, ignorant hyperbole. You're in no position to criticize his philosophy.

Come back when you have something besides wild accusations, in regards to Aleister Crowley and his teachings, and maybe we can have a reasonable discussions.

Until then..........

edit on 12-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I know a lot about humans

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Your thread seems to have no purpose.

You know nothing about me or from whence I derive my sense of purpose.

You also know nothing of Aleister Crowley, or his writings or his teachings, other than what you got from some pop-cultural, faux satanic, ignorant hyperbole. You're in no position to criticize his philosophy.

Come back when you have something besides wild accusations, in regards to Aleister Crowley and his teachings, and maybe we can have a reasonable discussions.

Until then..........

...or the 'pop-cultural, faux satanic, ignorant hyperbole' he created for himself...that was his 'doing' alone...I'm not perplexed...

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

AhA! Now you have exposed yourself, as well, as one who is ignorant of Crowley's writings and teachings. Making stuff up to back your accusations, but you have nothing to back up your claim of his self promotion. Tsk tsk.

In reality, Crowley was an outsider who drew the suspicion and ire of those who excluded him. Most of the publicity that you've come to associate with Crowley was propagated by his adversaries, not him. They are the ones who called him "The Most Evil Man in the World". Crowley went with it as satire.

If you want to know what Crowley taught, read his Book of Magick. Best book ever!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

AhA! Now you have exposed yourself, as well, as one who is ignorant of Crowley's writings and teachings. Making stuff up to back your accusations, but you have nothing to back up your claim of his self promotion. Tsk tsk.

In reality, Crowley was an outsider who drew the suspicion and ire of those who excluded him. Most of the publicity that you've come to associate with Crowley was propagated by his adversaries, not him. They are the ones who called him "The Most Evil Man in the World". Crowley went with it as satire.

If you want to know what Crowley taught, read his Book of Magick. Best book ever!

Run with what You think You've exposed...run, run...

We have differing opinions on almost all aspects of his life, not to mention his writing...it'd be waaay naive to imagine I had no idea what I was saying...but, run with that...

Å99

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I haven't exposed anything. You've exposed yourself as too uninformed as to the actual writings and teachings of A.C. for your opinions to matter. You've presented nothing but rumor and innuendo.

Address some of his techings as I have presented them in this thread, or go read some of his stuff and them come back and discuss his actual teachings. Leave the rumors to the satanic boogie man web sites.
edit on 13-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I haven't exposed anything. You've exposed yourself as too uninformed as to the actual writings and teachings of A.C. for your opinions to matter. You've presented nothing but rumor and innuendo.

Address some of his techings as I have presented them in this thread, or go read some of his stuff and them come back and discuss his actual teachings. Leave the rumors to the satanic boogie man web sites.

Like I said, run with what you imagine youve exposed - the threads not about me...and the only 'boogie man web site' I visit, is this one...I've said what I've said based on having read more than enough Crowley and the milleu he could afford, to want to discuss (either in depth, or, superficially) what sort of a magician he was...you clearly have your own opinions on what he wrote - I can personally live with that...

Å99
edit on 13-10-2015 by akushla99 because: Addd

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

the threads not about me.

Right. It's about an allegation that Aleister Crowley, of whom you know nothing about, was a failure. Clearly, his works and their legacy belie that assertion.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
dbl post

edit on 13-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

the threads not about me.

Right. It's about an allegation that Aleister Crowley, of whom you know nothing about, was a failure. Clearly, his works and their legacy belie that assertion.

Whatever You reckon...really!

Å99

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The guy's a popular author who kicked it with rich people
all over the planet and his influence on successful artist is
still obvious in the music industry today. i would even go so
far as to say If OZZY writes a song about somebody?
Titled by his full name? i'd have to call that a success.

edit on Ram101315v54201500000013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

It was rummored he did not die, that he lived on inside paul. hence why "paul is dead" The Beetles album, and aleister crowley in the background.

Think of it... as a parasite invading a host, and you have an immortal crowley who murdered paul through body snatching.

bunch of creepy stuff i found researching the topic. I suggest you do something similar. (if you havent already)
edit on th2015000000Tuesdayth000000Tue, 13 Oct 2015 13:41:12 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoTue, 13 Oct 2015 13:41:12 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Nothing is really complex, our brain is a huge parasite, we are taught at a young age to numb it. Crowley indulged in it until it took over completely, our brain wants to survive, it seeks immortality, just like a virus, it's DNA strand is preprogrammed. We shackle the brain so it doesn't go berserk. When you have enough control over it you can release the shackles, do it before and you will end up dead or in jail. Or if you are lucky in a insane asylum.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Nothing is really complex, our brain is a huge parasite, we are taught at a young age to numb it. Crowley indulged in it until it took over completely, our brain wants to survive, it seeks immortality, just like a virus, it's DNA strand is preprogrammed. We shackle the brain so it doesn't go berserk. When you have enough control over it you can release the shackles, do it before and you will end up dead or in jail. Or if you are lucky in a insane asylum.

the brain is a parasite? WTH?

That doesnt even make sense, we cannot live on this plane without our physical brain, so that makes no sense, you do know the definition of a parasite right?

now youre just babbling nonsense

When you have enough control over it you can release the shackles, do it before and you will end up dead or in jail. Or if you are lucky in a insane asylum.

Sounds like you may have some experience there

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I am all for free thought and exploring the unknown but you are making little sense now.

I am sure that what you believe right now makes perfect sense to you but to many others you have stepped into a realm that no longer has reason to continue.

I wish you well.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Lets get it into political correctness,

- 20% of your daily intake directly to your brain, it needs the glucose.
- Almost a hundred percent of it goes directly towards survival and sex, upon success triggers dopamine.
- Our brain through its evolution of genetics reaching all the way back to when we were a little spot in the ocean had a preprogram for survival, and if you cant think, what do you do in nature, you set up stimuli conditioning.

- You set up a system which gives a high probability chance, like this plant ephedra we share over 50% of our DNA with a flower. The same triggering goes for all living species on this planet. Does it need a brain?

How much do you really think you know? Id bet you, in fact you know very little, probably extremely little. All you are is specialized within a field which that maybe could give you a better chance of reproduction. If that doesnt work, you have alcohol.

One thing ive learned about life, most people think they are clever even smart. All of us, are nothing but primates, like i said before, two thumbs, a FOX2P gene and a huge imagination.

There are no Aliens, Demons, Gods, Angels, its in ya head, and all it ever wants to do is reproduce, nothing else.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: Rikku

'do as thou wilt' is an important phrase to me.

Most people don't even get past that phrase when they look at Crowley's stuff.
They think it meant "Be a hedonist and do whatever feels good."

It was actually a very strict moral code!

Yep. A LOT of ignorance around Crowley and his teachings. And yes, a VERY strict moral code. Talk about the "Straight and Narrow"! LOL!

I haven't researched Crowley much. I did just read the wikipedia link and I have a question... If there is such a strict moral code then why was Crowley a drug user and why was he so promiscuous and thus contracted gonorrhea and syphilis? He seems very anti-moral to me. What is his strict moral code?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If I were the notorious 'beast' (nomenclature assumed or adopted for purely comic reasons), associated with a mystical, ancient order reanimated - I'd probably have a go at faking my own death - the success of this would certainly lend credence to any mystical powers alluded to, or, claimed.

Folk do it for a number of reasons, the pay-off in those circumstances are certainly tempting. A certain 'beast' had one reason in particular that could have elevated his notoriety to legend status - imagine the headline "Self-styled mystic, medium, demon raiser, is pronounced dead in Lisbon"...fast forward "Crowley reanimates - did he really have the power over life and death - you decide".

In hindsight, the perfect excuse for a little boy pulling a serious prank, is, it was a joke...oh, what a prankster that A. Crowley is...

Å99

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join