It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kinda freaked out, what's happening? ( symptoms inside)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
So I had quite a bad diet yesterday, worse than normal. This includes McDonald's as well as very little food of actual substance throughout the day.

I felt fine going to bed, but woke up not able to breathe very well, my air way feels slightly swollen, or it feels as if someone is choking me slightly. saliva is thick, heart rate feels diferent. These symptoms are feeling slightly better, not worse, else I'd seek medical help.

That being said, does anyone know what this could be? I'm imagining food allergy but I'm not sure to what. As I've said, off day as far as health goes, but I've eaten all of this stuff before.

Here's a a break down if it helps.

Breakfast - 11am
Waffles with strawberries, grapes, syrup
A fried egg
Hashbrowns
Coffee ( this is rare, actually.)

Lunch - 3-4pm
Quarter pounder with cheese
Fries
Soda/mixed flavors

Snacking 4-7pm ( driving)
Nutter butters

Later snacking and dinner 7-9pm
Burrito ( refried beans, tomatillos, cheese, sour cream)
Cup of milk with chocolate syrup
Small amount of kefir
Gushers candy
Fruit snacks

10pm-2am
Decent sleep, woke up with symptoms at 2

2:40 am, now
Most symptoms very improved or gone

I eat McDonald's around twice a year, so maybe something is there?
The Nutter butters, Gushers, and fruit snacks were the least common things in the late day. A new flavor of fruit snacks, and Gushers I haven't had in a while.. Nutter butter used to be really common, but not for at least a year.

Any insight would be great, this kinda freaked me out. I'm going for some garden grown food for tomorrow.
edit on 11-10-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Go to a doctor if it's that bad.

Eating MacDonald's won't make you ill, unless you live eat loads and are fat and sedentary.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
If it were a peanut alergy you would have a runny nose, itchy eyes, hives, be dead etc.
I'm looking at your symptoms as a condition caused by something other than the food you ate.
I'm leaning towards dehydration.
Drink a couple of glasses of water and get back to me in the morning.
edit on 11-10-2015 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

I drank a couple glasses upon awakening and felt better a bit later, and improving.

I did drink less water than usual today, though I wouldn't say I was thirsty nor parched when I woke up.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Nah I am neither. McDonald's is just an off occurrence thrown into the mix, wasn't sure if it could impact my respiratory health later or not. If they changed any ingredients it's possible, but it would be a quite delayed reaction

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: paraphi

Nah I am neither. McDonald's is just an off occurrence thrown into the mix, wasn't sure if it could impact my respiratory health later or not. If they changed any ingredients it's possible, but it would be a quite delayed reaction

There is a bunch of dair throughout the day. One can develop a minor allergy to dairy at any time in life. Maybe cut back on cheese and milk a bit?

And I agree, stay hydrated.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

IF ANYONE IS HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION

I felt fine going to bed, but woke up not able to breathe very well, my air way feels slightly swollen, or it feels as if someone is choking me slightly. saliva is thick, heart rate feels diferent. These symptoms are feeling slightly better, not worse, else I'd seek medical help.

"else" Do you live somewhere that healthcare isn't expensive? Go to the freaking hospital if you have ANY breathing problems -SERIOUSLY-, and what's you're excuse if you live in a place that "else" is acceptable?

Breathing problem = GO TO THE HOSPITAL even if you're in the US and it puts you $5k in the hole

People develop allergies. One day you're eating strawberries, the next week you try some, and your airway shuts off and bad things can happen.

In the US a trip to the Emergency Room for someone that's not insured may cost $1,000 +. For basically nothing. EVEN if you live in the US and it's going to cost you a ton of money, go to the freaking hospital if you're having any problems breathing. That can go from bad to dead VERY quick. Breathing problems are not a freaking joke, and they are not something to ignore and wait to get better. You don't get to tough guy through a breathing issue.

I see you're better now, but seriously you don't know how good you have it. A trip in an ambulance for 5 miles can cost over $2000 here if you're not insured. And I saw that happen for a basic problem and an ambulance ride under 5 miles. Emergency stuff is basically a minimum of $500 just to be seen, and it goes up so fast you wouldn't believe it in the US.

Breathing problems are not to be f***** with. If your airway is closing off, you only have a bit of time, and regardless of the bill its worth it to get somewhere for help.

If you're being annoying and trying to say that McDonalds is bad for you, you're not converting anyone. I feel like crap if I eat bad food for a meal or two. I ate terrible food for two days in a row last week and felt awful. I didn't have any medical problems, and if this is just a way to bitch about McDonalds you need to STFU and not waste people's time. Say you felt like crap and leave it at that.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Feeling good now for the record. Wil rest some and check on this later. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

It wasn't about saying McDonald's is bad for you. It was saying that it was an off day for me health wise, which McDonald's certainly is less healthy than a home cooked meal I typically eat, or at e very least contains ingredients I don't typically consume that can be called into question. I was curious about allergies, or other food reactions as today was not a normal day of food intake.

I don't care what anyone eats.

Thank you for the concern, though, should it occur again I should contact the right people.

But I am a minimum twenty minutes from anyone, unfortunately. Anaphylaxis would not be a good situation.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Get thee to a doctor. And I mean it. Difficulty breathing, even mild, warrants a trip to the doctor. I do not want to scare you, but my brother in law played around with an allergic reaction to something he couldn't pin point, and ended up in the ER gasping for air. Now please, do go to the doctor. I know some folks hate the doctor, I know that I do, but this could be potentially serious, don't try and gauge it on your own.

Also, GAPS diet is a great food elimination diet to figure out what the heck is going on. My brother in law developed a sudden, yes sudden allergy to FLOUR. You just never know what you are dealing with.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I hope you're seeing the trend in replies.
FIRST SIGN OF RESPIRATORY DISTRESS - GET HELP!!!!!
Your airway can close in seconds and then................too late. By the time an ambulance gets there, you're dead. And how you gonna tell them where to go, when you can't breathe? It sounds like you have developed an acquired allergy. Get tested before it happens again.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

"else" Do you live somewhere that healthcare isn't expensive? Go to the freaking hospital if you have ANY breathing problems -SERIOUSLY-, and what's you're excuse if you live in a place that "else" is acceptable?

Breathing problem = GO TO THE HOSPITAL even if you're in the US and it puts you $5k in the hole

People develop allergies. One day you're eating strawberries, the next week you try some, and your airway shuts off and bad things can happen.

In the US a trip to the Emergency Room for someone that's not insured may cost $1,000 +. For basically nothing. EVEN if you live in the US and it's going to cost you a ton of money, go to the freaking hospital if you're having any problems breathing. That can go from bad to dead VERY quick. Breathing problems are not a freaking joke, and they are not something to ignore and wait to get better. You don't get to tough guy through a breathing issue.

I see you're better now, but seriously you don't know how good you have it. A trip in an ambulance for 5 miles can cost over $2000 here if you're not insured. And I saw that happen for a basic problem and an ambulance ride under 5 miles. Emergency stuff is basically a minimum of $500 just to be seen, and it goes up so fast you wouldn't believe it in the US.

Breathing problems are not to be f***** with. If your airway is closing off, you only have a bit of time, and regardless of the bill its worth it to get somewhere for help.

If you're being annoying and trying to say that McDonalds is bad for you, you're not converting anyone. I feel like crap if I eat bad food for a meal or two. I ate terrible food for two days in a row last week and felt awful. I didn't have any medical problems, and if this is just a way to bitch about McDonalds you need to STFU and not waste people's time. Say you felt like crap and leave it at that.

That is generally true, but if it was a severe allergic reaction that would close off the airways, we would not have been hearing from the OP 40 minutes later when symptoms had almost gone. Most people can tell the difference between mild asthma/new allergy to dust or dairy/oncoming lower respiratory infection and an absolute emergency. They don't go online to type about it if is an absolute emergency. Do you call for an ambulance when a chest cold comes on?

I do agree the OP should be tested for allergies post haste, as it doesn't seem to be an infection. A new allergy will only have a worse reaction the next time.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Too much and too processed. But above all…

I eat McDonald's around twice a year, so maybe something is there?

See a movie called Super Size Me.

Then Fast Food Nation and Food, Inc..

Save your life, you feel the symptoms of your bodies rejection, learn something about the line of crap we are sold as food.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Holy Moly if I ate that I would be in the bathroom for a week please change your diet to
at least 2 healthy meals. Maybe a peanut allergy? Feel better.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I would urge you as others have not to wait until this happens again. Have your PCP refer to an immunologist, tell them what happened, and have them test in a controlled environment with epinephrine on-hand should it become necessary. That way you'll know, and know what to avoid in the future, if indeed this was an acquired allergic response. The first time can be milder than subsequent attacks, so next time it happens could well be too late.

However, with all of that having been said, there is another possibility I haven't seen anyone mention, and it's one which might fit with what you ate: gastro-esophageal reflux disease. Heartburn. Contrary to what its colloquial name implies, you don't always feel pain with it. Sometimes all you feel is a sense of throat lump or swelling (globus sensation,) cough, difficulty breathing (or merely perceived difficulty breathing,) elevated heart rate, dizziness, and a feeling of chest pressure or tightness. It can be so severe, it's actually one of the most common false alarms for cardiac arrest symptoms.

You had some caffeine, some fat, some grease, some fried food, some peanut butter, and some chocolate. All of which are acid triggers. As someone who has this chronically, I can tell you your symptoms fit almost to a T.

That said, do not assume the safer possibility. See a doctor. Better safe than sorry.

Good luck. Peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
So, basically the only REAL food you ate was grapes and strawberries early in the day. Everything else, I'm assuming, was either bought at a fast food joint or from a package of sorts. Meaning it was highly processed food substance. Not real food.

Your chief complaint is discomfort, possibly with your esophagus (food tube) or trachea - which is directly behind the food tube.

I agree it is a terrible diet, more or less. The more complex carbohydrates you intake (all McDonald's, candy, refined sugars), the harder it is on your body to break down and turn into usable energy.

Perhaps, as this isn't a normal diet as you say, it took that much more time to digest. To me it sounds like indigestion on some level, which while lying down in bed (thus not using gravity to assist digestion), it literally backed up...or caused excess saliva due to the acidic state your body was likely in while sleeping and trying to digest such heavy foods.

Just a guess.

But to avoid this down the road, avoid this diet. Eat whole foods. Avoid frozen and packaged foods which ALWAYS have more ingredients than what are needed. Basically learn to make your own food and make it basic. Avoid milk and its products as well. Dairy is terrible for the body. You get the same health benefits from beer. All that calcium crap is propaganda from the dairy industry. Leafy greens have more calcium than milk ever will, AND they are meant to be digested, unlike milk...from another animal.
edit on thpamSun, 11 Oct 2015 08:46:06 -0500k1510America/Chicago1146 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I used to laugh at this notion, I didn't think it was possible (because I'm clearly not a doctor or scientist).

One day we were at my older sister's house for Easter and I saw a list on her fridge of all her "don't eat!" foods. Strawberries and a dozen other fruits were all on there. Turns out she had a bit of an episode that resulted in an ER visit, and overnight found out she was allergic to a handful of things she had been eating her entire life.

I don't quite understand it but I have witnessed it. Crazy indeed.

a reply to: Domo1

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

I've looked into Gerd before. I had bouts nausea for weeks, maybe even months that seemed worse with acidic foods, and seemed to go away with less acidic foods

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Yeah, I typically eat meats, beans, nuts, fruits. Kefir is the one dairy products I'm stuck on, though I feel the cultures and fermentation process make it not so bad for you? Maybe.

I do believe it was just a really off day, but do agree with some other posters that I need to see what it was. I'll pretty much avoid foods I ate that day in the meantime and stick to whole foods and such.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
They still make gushers? That's freakin awesome!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join