It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian cruise missiles intended for targets in Syria hit Iran instead

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

The media didn't say Russian MiG-29s violated Turkish airspace, they said an unknown MiG -29 locked up Turkish F-16s. They said Su-30s and -24s violated Turkish airspace.
edit on 10/8/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Agreed. I just read five pages to find only some twit from an unnamed US official as evidence of this claim.

An image search is equally blank.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Barring the legitimacy of the claims in the OP,
It is only a matter of time till some CF happens
anyhow. This many sudden friends in war it
is bound to happen.

Jamming, who is to blame is just anyone's guess.
The enemy of the enemy is my friend, till its a CF.

edit on 8-10-2015 by burntheships because: typo

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Is wonder if this is pretext for something else?

Maybe the US are stationed near the black sea cruisers.

the next time they see a salvo of missiles launch.. they'll go and bomb a small village under the flight path of these missiles then saturate the media with reports that Russia's cruise missiles fell out of the sky and killed dozens of innocents in a tiny village.

seems plausible.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I made a similar comment elsewhere which was deleted for some reason,no you tube,no pics=it probably didn't happen

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Smell that?

That's the stench of desperation coming from the US military.

Typical BS nonsense coming from US news media.

Yeah...

Since there are no civilian casualties to report they had to spin something else. Our media have not been very productive covering the Russian attacks. In fact they are not doing anything....Our media and government are just shouting unconfirmed News left and right.

The briliance about such Reporting by the US is that....It doesnt matter what proof Russia presents now.....the Reporting have already created doubt in the Public.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

so maybe the russian missile never landed in iran......

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

No I think the public is waking up they are losing the narrative on non-conspiracy sites people are commenting these strikes are bogus propaganda

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Anyone think this might be more of a tech test for the Russians and a way for them to see the US' s hand?

What if the Russians developed a cloak for their cruise missles that hides them from radar? Say, they've never been able to test this against US tracking technology, so they used this as a test to see if the Americans can find them.

Launch 4 missles off target, have one hit a remote area in Iran where it would be noticed, but not do much damage. At the same time, activate the cloak on the other 3 and have them fly on. If the US reports that 4 missles hit Iran, the Russians would know the US can't track their cloaked cruise missles.

It would let the Russians know what the US is capable of, and military intelligence is always good. In the event the US could track them, the Russians gain intel and don't lose much because the missles wouldn't be effective anyways.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Azerbaijan is not in Iran... I'm lost as to how their universities relate to how the Iranian university students give two #s about Iranian censorship???

Are they some how capable of reporting on the incident back home, where they currently are not capable of witnessing the incident?

Or are you trying to imply that there are students in Iran where they could witness the incident, and don't give a # about censorship, meaning you thought Azerbaijan was in Iran.....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Is wonder if this is pretext for something else?

Maybe the US are stationed near the black sea cruisers.

the next time they see a salvo of missiles launch.. they'll go and bomb a small village under the flight path of these missiles then saturate the media with reports that Russia's cruise missiles fell out of the sky and killed dozens of innocents in a tiny village.

seems plausible.

The US probably have sat eyes on the fleet in the Black Sea. If they actually oberved the launch real time might not have happened. I think the US have moste of their attention on the Syrian/Turkish border and Russian bombers operating within Syria.

The US and NATO Jens Stoltenberg did say that they were not warned in advance about the cruise missiles. Personally i think US/NATO were cought off guard regarding the Russian cruise missiles from the Black Sea.

It is not even sure the US knew that Russi had the capability to shoot that distance With cruise missiles. 900 miles is a long strech.

Russia will never inform the US about it's actions unless the US want to cooperate and help coordinate the attacks on ISIL. Neither will the US With their actions.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: spy66

No I think the public is waking up they are losing the narrative on non-conspiracy sites people are commenting these strikes are bogus propaganda

Well that might be true. The EU are now starting to question Wasingtons motives as well. The Germans did that yesterday in parlament.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Funny us making fun of the Russians. Everyone knows the US are the kings of friendly fire. We killed more of our own troops than the Iraqis did. I recall being stationed with some British special forces, and them commenting how they would never go into a battlefield ahead of our troops.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Funny us making fun of the Russians. Everyone knows the US are the kings of friendly fire. We killed more of our own troops than the Iraqis did. I recall being stationed with some British special forces, and them commenting how they would never go into a battlefield ahead of our troops.

The US have also killed civilians in their WARs Iraq, Pakistan, Africa, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan. It was never a big issue then. We were told to Accept that there would be civilian casualties when the "terrorists" hide amongst the population.

Norway where i am from, also missed targets in Libya and killed civilians. Our government never really made any coments on that. And Jens Stoltenberg was Our prime minister then. He is now the head of NATO. Now Russia are at it in Syria, and suddenly killing civilians is a big deal.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: user337

What if the Russians developed a cloak for their cruise missles that hides them from radar?

Interesting idea but more likely what if Russia is not so great at missiles.

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

What if the Russians developed a cloak for their cruise missles that hides them from radar?

well now, that depends.. does 1 youtube movie constitute a navy not being good with missiles?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Way to milk it, товарищ!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I would need more than a You Tube video to source that.

In this latest Syrian "strike" Russia claims 26 missile launch.
They were lucky if only 4 were off target.

The clip showed the military rocket plummeting back to the ground shortly after being fired near the Plesetsk military launch pad in the northern Arkhangelsk region.

Russian army officials confirmed to AFP that the failed test had taken place, while weapons manufacturer Almaz-Antey said the faulty missile was an Antey-2500.

A spokesman for the state-owned company told local media the rocket "veered off-course and self-destructed" during a test

www.ibtimes.co.uk...
edit on 9-10-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

That was a anti sub missile being fired.

But there is no doubt that an Object that is el-mechanicaly controlled can have problems. And Russia have had issues With their long range cruise missile.

In the North Atlantic Norway observed in 2011. Russia when they tested their ship to ship cruise missiles. One crashed into the sea on final approuch 800 meter from target. It crashed on decent from 164ft to 16ft when the boosters activted for SuperSonic cruise.

This is what it looks like when they hit. This is not from the same test.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Agit8dChop

I would need more than a You Tube video to source that.

In this latest Syrian

Hahaha! You need some candy to go with that!

It's funny how people are so crazed at nitpicking videos, to support an unconfirmed story.

Missile failure is not the point so long as 11 insurgent targets were destroyed, now I am not gonna play tag of war comparing who's got the most efficient guns to date, if so then I guess the US missed their IS targets since going on the offensive against IS, would you agree?

Carry on!

edit on 9-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling

edit on 9-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join