It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian cruise missiles intended for targets in Syria hit Iran instead

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
a reply to: peck420

Azerbaijan is not in Iran... I'm lost as to how their universities relate to how the Iranian university students give two #s about Iranian censorship???

Are they some how capable of reporting on the incident back home, where they currently are not capable of witnessing the incident?

Or are you trying to imply that there are students in Iran where they could witness the incident, and don't give a # about censorship, meaning you thought Azerbaijan was in Iran.....

I can't believe your post got a star. Means at least two idiots frequent ATS.

West Azerbaijan is a province of Iran, specifically the province the 'missile' hit in.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Washington are probably Cooking up something to and it probably aint much good.

Lol that is funny...... The war rooms in Washington and Damascus must be buzzing right now.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Wow all this for a hoax thread LOL people really want to believe it even after it has been said to be a hoax people still wont believe it.

Classic willful ignorance!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Wow all this for a hoax thread LOL people really want to believe it even after it has been said to be a hoax people still wont believe it.

Classic willful ignorance!

So? Has that Chinese aircraft carrier come into port yet? Are all those Chinese marines deployed in Syria?

This thread is not a hoax, it is an unconfirmed report. I have aired my suspicion that it is disinformation, just as I did in the Chinese ship thread.

Sometimes people say extreamly uninformed things and then wonder why others think they arent too bright.

The future will reveal all that is to come, I suggest people hope for the best but not be too dissapointed if things dont go as planned and end up in a worse state.

As to various allies of Russia like China becomming further involved we will see what happens, it certainly looks like they are allied with Russia.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-10-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am the OP and I didn't post this with any agenda US or Russian. I was simply bringing the info to ATS so we as a community could ascertain if this is a real story. I could really care less where malfunctioning Russian missiles are falling, as long as they aren't falling on me or my loved ones homes.

I think it is important any time a deadly weapon malfunctions and hits a unintended target. Case in point is a US missile that recently hit a hospital. We all know accidents happen, I just think it's important and news worthy any time it happens.

edit on 9-10-2015 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
CNN is the best in geographic's...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

There are drone fottage of all the target being hit. All the tragets had drone coverage so it should be easy to Count all of the cruise missiles coming to their targets....

I have not been able to get hold of all the drone fottage yet. But i am searching.

This is a false claim.

And no, there is not associated drone footage for each Missile strike...purported or otherwise.

Please avoid confusing issues with BS.

According to Maria Zakharova and Igor Konashenkov all the 11 targets were covered in real time.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

CNN is the best in geographic's...

I think Russia's Channel One has them beat:

Where was all this skepticism when someone reported a Chinese war ship headed for Syria? Where was all the mockery of the news media when it turned out not to be true? I'm surprised that some of you can even read this thread through all that egg on your faces.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

I know where you got that one :

'Pics or didn’t happen': Internet reacts to ‘Russian missiles crash in Iran’ report

You will never get any pics of this because its most likely BS. . . .

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Taken from a NY times article...

A few social media users in Iran began linking the reported missile crashes to an explosion in northwestern Iran on Wednesday, when the official Islamic Republic News Agency, quoting the governor of the city of Takab, reported that an “unidentified flying object” had crashed in a mountainous area. That report also quoted locals as saying the explosion had broken windows in the area.

Russia inadvertently revealed problems with seaborne missiles this summer when its navy conducted an errant launch.

The episode happened during a military parade in Sevastopol, the Crimean port city annexed from Ukraine in 2014, when a missile blew apart on a ship during a demonstration firing. Spectators wondered aloud what had happened after pieces of the missile flopped into the sea.

Some Russian analysts say the Kremlin is using the conflict in Syria to test a new generation of weaponry from a major procurement program that military officials began in 2010 after years of oil-boom profits.

“There are radars and all sorts of new control systems, and of course we need a firing range,” Konstantin Remchukov, the editor of Nezavisimaya Gazeta, told the Echo of Moscow radio station this week.

“We carried out a lot of exercises,” Mr. Remchukov said. “But a firing range like that opening before us in Syria, with these bombing sorties, with drones and other objects of the new generation, this is, of course, a favorable place for fine-tuning all our new weaponry.”
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

I know where you got that one :

'Pics or didn’t happen': Internet reacts to ‘Russian missiles crash in Iran’ report

You will never get any pics of this because its most likely BS. . . .

And if the pics do come in, you will say they are "fake."

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

correct , even Iran has stated that it did not happen ,

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill

Do you trust Iran?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Some people still wont believe that its a hoax even after Iran says it didnt happen, only because they just want it to be true LOLz its pretty pathetic and just shows the state of denial some people can be in.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

why in the world would anyone own up to this type of event.

In this case the truth offers no gain for anyone

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Do you trust Iran?

We shouldnt trust any of them....

But the US have a few problems.

1. First Ashton Carter got pissed Russian didnt warn them abuth the crsuice missiles. This indicate the the US were cought of guard and were not able to track them.

2. If the US tracked the 26 cruise missiles they would be able to confirm where and when these 4 cruise missiles crashed in Iran. There are unconfimed News that state there were Objects (drones) that crashed in Northern Iran. But if no one know the exact flight path of these cruise missiles it is just speculation.

There were som cows that were killed by a drone like Object in Northern Iran at the time frame the cruise missiles were launched.

3. The time frame from when the cruise missiles were launched and until they could reached some of these claimed crash locations are also important to know. Because the cruise missiles take a certain omount of flight time to fly over Iran and Iraq. No one have taken this into account. Not even the media.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Too bad they didn't hit the capital...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
In case graphics help with the geographic context...

This is Putin looking to revive the Soviet empire and expand territory..

www.dailymail.co.uk... towns-held-terrorists.html
edit on 9-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
In case graphics help with the geographic context...

This is Putin looking to revive the Soviet empire and expand territory..

www.dailymail.co.uk... towns-held-terrorists.html

Where is the Russian Aircraft carrier?

This again seams like a western media presumtion of Putins plans/agenda. This also seam to be in line With what NATO thinks.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join