It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian cruise missiles intended for targets in Syria hit Iran instead

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Until I get some kind of confirmation about this I really do not have a stance on this..

I am not surprised Moscow, and Tehran, are denying this. Fog of war man..

Yet something happened..

(post by MALBOSIA removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why is it so hard to contemplate 3 of 26 unmanned drones crashed, it's effectively a drone fitted with an explosive. Small jet engine, fuel system, no one to fly it if there is an error. Nothing to do with missing targets, just less QA than anyone else. They still got 23 off, maybe an acceptable attrition rate for not having highly skilled engineers.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

But here we are just eating it up like a bunch of retards.

Speak for yourself. You're the one who automatically believes whatever Russia says. I'm on the fence until there is some better reporting, with details, from reliable sources.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There could be any number of legitimate reason to abort a missile in flight. Probably happens from time to time. Perhaps one was inadvertantly headed to a doctors without borders station, and someone yelled "abort" instead of " f it, I cant see that from my house". Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

Are they launching these cruise missiles over Turkey also?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Northern Iran was under the flight path of the missiles (bearing in mind they would be avoiding Turkish airspace), is it really so hard to believe that 4 of them suffered a malfunction?

Limited explosion size could be explained by warheads not being armed until close to target (not unlikely considering they're flying over "friendly" territory en-route to target?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elysarian
Northern Iran was under the flight path of the missiles (bearing in mind they would be avoiding Turkish airspace), is it really so hard to believe that 4 of them suffered a malfunction?

Limited explosion size could be explained by warheads not being armed until close to target (not unlikely considering they're flying over "friendly" territory en-route to target?

A 2,000kg object, impacting at approx 265 m/s, is going to leave a mark. A large mark. It is also going to leave a substantial debris field. What it won't leave, is a very small explosion mark with zero debris.

But, be patient. Give the locals (my preference is the uni students, they have no reason to not show it) time. If a missile came down on Iran, accidental or otherwise, we will be made aware of it soon.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Simplest thing US did is
down the Russian cruise missiles.
they have US cruise missiles pop on radar from the last place.
and hit the new target.

this is to get Russian back for what they did.
US fired the first shot thoe.
and Russian is playing in the US's Scams.

edit on 8-10-2015 by buddha because: Goverment keep altering this.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Presstv is reporting a Russian denial. I don't trust presstv and I don't trust the Russian Ministry of Defense, but given the scanty details from the alleged US source, I'm inclined to believe it's just a bit of Pentagon head gaming.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
All the MSM outlets are running this story, yet each of them are citing some "unnamed US official." Give us a damn name, why is it so hard? Coming as it is from some anonymous source looks like little more than propaganda.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Contradicting news to what was released the day before of some accurate precision missile hits, I smell BS.

You see if Russian missile seem to be hitting the targets, than I guess there is nothing to spin propaganda of civilian causalities so we begin by painting a nice picture of a failed missile launch and get back poopagandering each other.

Funny I kind of predicted this with this comment from yesterday

Just reading the news article and seeing the supposed flight path of the misiles, I got to really hand it down to Ruskies to have nailed all thier targets with that kind of precision.

The margin of error there is zero, given no civilian causualities for MSM to spin some propaganda off of this.

edit on 8-10-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
All the MSM outlets are running this story, yet each of them are citing some "unnamed US official." Give us a damn name, why is it so hard? Coming as it is from some anonymous source looks like little more than propaganda.

Nothing on PBS tonight.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

The targets were all camps in the middle of the desert. Lots of room for error there.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
www.presstv.com...

This article from Iran's news, Press TV, Says it did not happen.

A senior Russian military official has vehemently rejected US allegations that Russian cruise missiles launched from the Caspian Sea and aimed at Daesh positions in Syria have crashed in Iran.
"Any professional knows that during these operations we always fix the target before and after impact. All our cruise missiles hit their target," Russia's Defense Ministry spokesman, Major General Igor Konashenkov, said in a statement on Thursday.

The remarks came in response to earlier claims by two unnamed US officials that a number of Russian Syria-bound projectiles landed in Iran on Wednesday. One official told CNN news network on Thursday that there may be casualties, while another said it is not yet known.

"Unlike CNN, we don't report quoting anonymous sources, but we show launches of our missiles and the targets they hit in real-time mode," Konashenkov said.

Unlike CNN, we don't report quoting anonymous sources,

Really, the first thing I noticed, was the old anonymous senior official...
By now I have learned to read this kind of news as being the official State Department feed: often biased views or outright lies.
edit on 8-10-2015 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

The targets were all camps in the middle of the desert. Lots of room for error there.

By error I meant, no civilian causalities. Reread my post.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Smell that?

That's the stench of desperation coming from the US military.

Typical BS nonsense coming from US news media.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: MALBOSIA

But here we are just eating it up like a bunch of retards.

Speak for yourself. You're the one who automatically believes whatever Russia says. I'm on the fence until there is some better reporting, with details, from reliable sources.

As am I, as I stated above. Truth is though - and Im sure you know as well - that if the US had something concrete to support this claim, we would have heard it by now.

The thing is though is that the US has not claimed anything. A couple of unauthorized "officials" who wont be named made the claim and the US media went into a frenzy over it. I bet if I asked any of workmates tomorrow if they heard about Russias missiles, they are all going to say "Ya, like they hit the wrong country, I heard it in the news last night"

So the west couldnt do anything about it officially, but the western media gave the west just what they needed - the impression in our minds that Russia botched the missile attack.

And Russia relies on state sponsored media to distribute its propoganda (you called it head games) ?

Sounds like the west is very comfortable and capable of using privately owned media to spread their "head games", as you put it.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So we have supposedly Russian Mig 29s (while Russia doesn't even have Mig 29s in Syria right now) crossing the border with Turkey and the Western MSM going crazy about it. After that we have supposedly Russian cruise missiles going way off target and hitting Iran. And last but not least NATO starts rambling about the need to defend a country (Turkey) which isn't even under attack.

How long will it take before Russia supposedly "accidentally" targets Turkey...is the plan to try and stop Russia by making some fake Russian collator damage, followed by an enormous amount of media hoo-ha about it ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join