It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian cruise missiles intended for targets in Syria hit Iran instead

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Excuse me a second while i go roll of the floor, and laugh hysterically.

'Superior' Russian technology, and all that rubbish!

LOOOOOL.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Imagine If it hit Israel

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
As I'm having trouble seeing 3 Russian missiles miss their targets by that many miles I'd think they were aimed there purposely.So the Iranians can back engineer them.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
The odd thing about this News is that no one can confirm anything... not even where the missiles crashed. That is a bit strange when you want to state that a missile have crashed. . You should be able to confirm a crash right?

When you observe a crash you know where and when it crashed....or it didnt happen...at all......Propaganda.

Exactly what I was thinking.

soulwaxer

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
As I'm having trouble seeing 3 Russian missiles miss their targets by that many miles I'd think they were aimed there purposely.So the Iranians can back engineer them.

If the Russians wanted to give the Iranians a missile for 'back engineering'....it would come in a box...off a ship...with all technical data included.

Russia ships to Iran routinely. Including military equipment.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

They blew up. According to Iranians in areas they hit there were explosion that shattered windows. This sort of equipment failure is not unusual for the Russians. Their defense industry has had problems producing quality advanced weapons systems in any numbers since all the skill worker took off after the fall of the USSR. The Indians have long complained of the Russian being unable to deliver a quality product on time, one of the reasons the have turned to the West for arms. The Russian design fine system but, have a hard to fielding them. Now when it comes to small arms they have that mastered. Ad that to poor maintenance do to training and funding and these problems are going to happen.

Remember Russia tries to maintain a military 1/3 the size of the US at !/15 the budget.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

If the Russians wanted to give the Iranians a missile for 'back engineering'....it would come in a box...off a ship...with all technical data included.

Well if That's true it seems Russia needs a serious upgrade to their cruise missile.Don't you think?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

They blew up. According to Iranians in areas they hit there were explosion that shattered windows. This sort of equipment failure is not unusual for the Russians. Their defense industry has had problems producing quality advanced weapons systems in any numbers since all the skill worker took off after the fall of the USSR. The Indians have long complained of the Russian being unable to deliver a quality product on time, one of the reasons the have turned to the West for arms. The Russian design fine system but, have a hard to fielding them. Now when it comes to small arms they have that mastered. Ad that to poor maintenance do to training and funding and these problems are going to happen.

Remember Russia tries to maintain a military 1/3 the size of the US at !/15 the budget.

A reasonable assessment as usual Mr.Spad.Thank you.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

They blew up. According to Iranians in areas they hit there were explosion that shattered windows.

Since you have a source the rest of us don't, feel free to post it.

So far, there has been a report of a crashed UFO, and a gas explosion.

There has been no pictures provided that can confirm or refute those claims.

The only pictures presented are pictures of a very small explosion with zero debris and a couple broken pieces of a polymer film (ironic, as those will crack and fall apart from UV exposure over time and the actual glass window right next to it, on the right, is undamaged) which rules out any drone impact of significant size and definitely any cruise missile. It would, however, be consistent with a gas canister explosion. Very small, with very few pieces to pick up.

Until we start to see something a little more substantial, I would say that I can find more 'explosive damage' within a 20 block radius of my current location...in Canada. Definitely more broken windows.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Well if That's true it seems Russia needs a serious upgrade to their cruise missile.Don't you think?

If it is actually determined that they lost cruise missiles, than yes. But, I am patient enough to wait until that is confirmed.

As I have said previously, Iranian youth (specifically uni students) aren't going to let Russian missiles hitting Iran slide. If there is evidence, they will do what they always do, and defy the government and post it for the world to see.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
BBC is picking it up as well as several sources. Looks like it is a factual story so far....

www.bbc.com...

freebeacon.com...

www.nytimes.com...

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

They blew up. According to Iranians in areas they hit there were explosion that shattered windows.

I wouldn't put my money on this news, although I wouldn't exclude failures either. Numerous failures come to mind, and it's not the first time a missile misses an entire country either ... only the first russian one, that we know off.

Also possible that someone hit the self-destruct button.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
BBC is picking it up as well as several sources. Looks like it is a factual story so far....

Thank you for the links. I followed the ABC news to Oyan News, to view the images they have posted.

One thing I find very intriguing is the pictures of the broken glass. Having started my career in the glazing industry, it is one of the few things I am very comfortable and confident with.

That glass was not blown out by a shock wave. It was broken by a projectile. Was that projectile shrapnel from a missile? Hard to say. None of the pictures show any surrounding shrapnel damage, but, without knowing the surrounding area better, that could be reasonably explained.

Either way, very interesting. Glad nobody has been injured so far.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
3 US "officials that were not authorized to comment" gave this news.

Russophobes dont even bother to check their sources. If it makes Russia look bad... run with it.

Russia and Iran have both said it is BS and nobody was authorized to say any different.

But here we are just eating it up like a bunch of retards.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

True, but this could give Russia plausible deniability, when Iran comes out with their new cruise missile that looks exactly like the Russian's...or when one lands in Jerusalem in a few years. Russia can say: "We didn't sell it to them...they probably reverse-engineered it from those 4 that crashed in 2015...apparently, at least one of them must've had a soft landing and didn't detonate on impact."

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

www.bbc.com...

freebeacon.com...

www.nytimes.com...

abcnews.go.com...

None of those links were even news worthy. No evidence of a missile hitting Iran. Reports of a UFO and some broken glass. Thats it.

If the US has some evidence of this occurring then lets see it. Otherwise this is making the US look worse than Russia at the moment.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

True, but this could give Russia plausible deniability, when Iran comes out with their new cruise missile that looks exactly like the Russian's...or when one lands in Jerusalem in a few years. Russia can say: "We didn't sell it to them...they probably reverse-engineered it from those 4 that crashed in 2015...apparently, at least one of them must've had a soft landing and didn't detonate on impact."

WOW!

That must be it. Russia is planning a mass conspiracy to whipe out all the Jews! Of course.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Were these three missiles all supposed to have come down at the same time?
If thats the case then hacking would be very likely!

Or its all just bs.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I wont believe a bloody word till I see the spent item with my own eyes,the Western media has gone Goebbels comedy channel

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: IAMTAT

WOW!

That must be it. Russia is planning a mass conspiracy to whipe out all the Jews! Of course.

WOW. I was just thinking that only Iran wanted to 'wipe' Israel of the face of the earth...but YOUR conspiracy theory is much more grandiose. Great use of brain cells.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join