It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian cruise missiles intended for targets in Syria hit Iran instead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
The problem is that neither Russia or USA have any real reason to give us accurate information.

Both are far more interested in making the other look bad.

If you want accurate information, follow the Iranian university students on twitter or FB. They have no love of war, could care less what their government thinks and even less in regards to what Russia and the US think. They also have no issues breaking Iranian government censorship whenever they feel like it.

There are 9 universities in Western Azerbaijan. Still nothing about crashes or explosions.
edit on 8-10-2015 by peck420 because: Bad spelling.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
See here from Twitter...These are verified Iranians "tweeters" ...real deal folks

Alexblx Retweeted Sobhan Hassanvand
#Putin bombing #Iran now

Sobhan Hassanvand @Hassanvand Iran media cautiously report news of Russian missiles fired at Syria landed in NW Iran
No comments from Iranian officials yet

Hannahkaviani Verified account  ‏@Hannahkaviani · 14m14 minutes ago
so far there r reports from Saghez , Astara & Takab, with loud explosions being heard early Wed.morning #iran #cruisemissile

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

S##T happens when you don't have an IFF signal that is recognized...but they GOT a rise out of YOU so theat is what they probably wanted ,but that's why we use them. So a nut case doesn't decide to Kimikaze a plane into somewhere.

link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

The videos show at least 3 of the missiles going over Northern Iraq, which means they already entered & left Iranian airspace.

So you have youtubes of 3 of the missiles? By my math that leaves 23 unaccounted for?

The Russian Defence Ministry has just confirmed that Islamic State positions in Syria have been attacked with 26 long range cruise missiles launched by four Russian warships in the Caspian Sea.

I suspect even the CIA has competent mathematicians...How many impacted Syrian targets?

That and sure as hell the US Intelligence community has satellite and arial surveillance visuals of the area from Russian ships to Syria.

Chill out. I showed 2 clips showing that at least 3 of the missiles got past Iran & at least into Norther Iraq. Then I mentioned that there hasn't been any confirmation of any of the missiles hitting Iran. I even started my post by saying "So far, I'm thinking this is false."

There still has been no confirmation that this actually happened. And the story reported here uses "unnamed US officials" as the source, which could literally be anyone. It's funny how people don't trust governments then immediately trust unnamed government officials with no proof.

link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

originally posted by: butcherguy

Especially when the countries don't even share a common border!

Which makes this a very odd story.

I somehow feel I'm being double propaganda'ed.

Russia has accurate missile systems.

I'm so confused.

I am sure it is far more than just 'double' propaganda.

I love the 'experts' on here who boast that they have it all figured out.

None of us REALLY knows WTF is going on. All the world is a stage, and NO ONE posting on ATS has a direct link to the puppet masters.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

One set of Pics emerging on Twitter now...Looks like desert impact in Iran on that one..

Search Twitter #Iran

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Phew at least they didn't hit a hospital eh?.

Whats all this about the us shooting down a passenger plane btw? never heard about it?.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It's now breaking on Iranian media...

Ali Alimadadi ‏@alialimadadi110 · 10m10 minutes ago
#Iran Talsh city residents had rushed into streets early morning after #Russia/n missiles Come Down. http://(link tracking not allowed)/1RwuYcB

This link in Arabic but has the pics of people Talsh flooding the streets at the sound of the explosion

diyarmirza.ir... A8%DB%8C-%DA%A9%D9%87-%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D8%AE%DB%8C%D8%A7%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%B4/

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sounds like a missile hit a city called Takeb, in Iran, lotsa pics on social media... Or on the out skirts or something.. Sounds like an accident to me..

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10 8 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 8 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Doh spoke I spoke to soon eh?.
I hope the civilian casualty's are very small.
In one aspect lets be grateful it was the Russians accidentally bombing Iran eh.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

yea right...

Not sure what this will do with relations between Russia and Iran..

The truth is as it appears, is Russian missiles hit Iran...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just saw those photos, clearly something hit that ground.
I'm no expert, but shouldn't a cruise missile do a "bit more" of damage than a small hole in the ground?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

One set of Pics emerging on Twitter now...Looks like desert impact in Iran on that one..

Search Twitter #Iran

Thanks.

Now the question is, what hit?

That really doesn't look (to me) like a 450kg warhead mark. Nor is it an impact from a 2,000kg crashed missile. Did a piece fall off a passing missile? Passing plane? Drone crash? Etc.

link   
So this is how it starts.

Skynet you crazy bastard!

link   

Well they are sort of buddies arn't they? If it was a US or UK missile hitting Iran I think it would have hit the fan as we speak.

link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: boymonkey74

yea right...

Not sure what this will do with relations between Russia and Iran..

The truth is as it appears, is Russian missiles hit Iran...

Russia could drop Missiles all day on Iran and it wouldn't dent their relationship...Russia is Iran's only friend that matters.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I agree not a big crator from what I can see... Those warheads do not have to be active do they?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: djz3ro
So far it's USA Today, Fuax News and CNN reporting this, as well as a few, smaller, Stateside publications. Nothing from the BBC, RT, Reuters or Al Jazeera, you'd think they would be all over this if it was true...

This is nothing but american crap News as usuall.... They cant even confirm where in Iran the cruice missiles crashed.

if it turns out to be true, then will you come back and redact your statement?

Yes i will. I have no problem With that

If the US secratary of Defence Ashton Careter state that 4 cruise missiles have crashed in Iran. There would never be any doubt. So why does he say that this can not be confirm at this point ???????

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Would the Russians be able to turn off the warheads when they knew they were going the wrong way?.
I dunno I aint no rocket scientist

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vastator
Just saw those photos, clearly something hit that ground.
I'm no expert, but shouldn't a cruise missile do a "bit more" of damage than a small hole in the ground?

Well, Iran would need to show some kind of impact in the area as a cover story It still could be a staged detonation to cover up the fact those missiles were dumped intact for them as part of a covert missle technology transfer by Russia.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join