It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defend Roseburg - Deny Barack Obama Protest in Oregon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It's not a bad word. Or action. Politicizing and socializing things are how we get progress. It's how stuff works. Whether you like what's being politicized or socialized or not.

But let's just keep stuffing it in the closet and convincing ourselves that they wanna take all your guns and that innocent and troubled peoples' deaths almost every day are the price we pay for liberty and there is absolutely nothing that can be done either politically or socially to address that. It's not allowed or we'll call you names and such.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

It's not a bad word. Or action. Politicizing and socializing things are how we get progress. It's how stuff works. Whether you like what's being politicized or socialized or not.

That's also how we get massive failures and political bankruptcies.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

There is a time and a place for everything, but IMMEDIATELY coming out DURING the first speech, directly after the murders and telling the world it SHOULD be politicized, and then flying off to the funerals of these people to use them as a platform is NOT acceptable....

Period.......

Its clear the people arent happy about it, and regardless of YOUR opinion or MY opinion THATS what matters and their wishes should be respected

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

That's also how we get massive failures and political bankruptcies.

When we don't discuss things logically, don't compromise, or aren't even willing to have a civil discussion about it, I agree 100%.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Like I already said, Waiting doesn't seem to work, does it? Short attention spans and memories and then it happens again.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The other way...waiting until the "right" time...sure doesn't work.

There is no "right time" to infringe on America's 2nd Amendment Rights. That's kind of the whole point here. It shouldn't be done. America goes out of her way to never profile on everything but gun control.
-We don't profile Muslims, regardless of Jihad, 911, and "Death to America." Islam is bulletproof in the eyes of the law.
-We don't profile illegals, regardless of what percentage of violent crime some of them are responsible for in the border states.
-We don't outlaw SSRI drugs, regardless of how unfathomably predictable it is that someone "off the rails" is on one or more of them when they snap.
-We scarcely even dare discuss the prevalence of overall violence in communities like Chicago out of an irrational fear of being accused of racism.

But guns and gun control? "What 2nd Amendment? These damn things are a bane to America!" Just don't get too hung up on the statistical fact that 99.7% of all guns legally sold are never involved in a crime, that the founding fathers made it clear the 2nd amendment is vital to the preservation of all other rights, or that firearms have been responsible for preventing as many violent attacks as have used them to perform a violent attack... just smile, nod, and eat that big bowl of horsecrap Hollywood and DC keep feeding you, ensuring America gets more and more scared of the evil gun.

...and people wonder exactly why we have a political divide in this country.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

But there is a right time to address the situation and have a real and all-encompassing debate about the root cause of this disease of mass shooting.

And the other part of the reason we have this divide is well-evidenced by your very post. You assume right off the bat that the end result of any attempt to get to the root of the issue will be taking away your guns, violating your rights.

Gamers do the same if someone theorizes that may be in part to blame.

Mentally ill people take offense when someone says it's drugs.

It's all about you you you and damn the fact that people keep dying in violent ways in our homes, theaters, malls, and schools.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Do you think mass shootings, mass murders are a new thing?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

It's all about you you you and damn the fact that people keep dying in violent ways in our homes, theaters, malls, and schools.

Yes, it is. That's the point of INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS. My firearms have never injured another human being, have never been used in a crime, and my record is spotless. The enumerated rights of the individual outweigh the opinions and fears of the masses, it's the whole point of the Bill of Rights.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No. But I do think there has been a change in our reporting/hearing about them and possibly even in their character and our reactions to them.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Maybe we should let the dead ask if they agree with Obama...

Or maybe he can be the voice of the voiceless and all the anti abortion advocates can accept he is the voice of these voiceless souls who were needlessly shot with needlessly legally purchased firearms...

So what if the backward townsfolk don't like it, they're not the ones who were shot dead by a gunman.

Thanks Obama.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yes, it is. That's the point of INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS. My firearms have never injured another human being, have never been used in a crime, and my record is spotless. The enumerated rights of the individual outweigh the opinions and fears of the masses, it's the whole point of the Bill of Rights.

We get it. It's all about you and your rights. And that alone is enough to shut down any discussion about it and license to bloviate about the imaginary loss or fear of loss of said rights.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Privileges aren't rights...

And the more people who abuse the privilege bring you one step closer to losing such.

Water is a right, food is a right, oxygen is a right, a gun is a privilege.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No. But I do think there has been a change in our reporting/hearing about them and possibly even in their character and our reactions to them.

Our reactions have definitely changed. People now cower and talk about inhibiting freedoms at the drop of a hat. And you wonder why many of us may be sensitive to our rights?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

And the more people who abuse the privilege bring you one step closer to losing such.

Not according to the Bill of RIGHTS. Review it, you'll find that it is no more a privilege in America than freedom of speech and freedom of religion are.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

According to the constitution, it is a right. Same with free speech. Or would you like to see that as a privilege as well?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

We get it. It's all about you and your rights. And that alone is enough to shut down any discussion about it and license to bloviate about the imaginary loss or fear of loss of said rights.

As I said, yes, yes it absolutely is all about the rights of the individual, including me. I'm not going to lose any sleep over that fact effectively shutting down the discussion, either. It is as it should be.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what you or a 200 year old document says...

The 5th & 6th have been violated so often that it's a fact they're just privileges...
How about cruel and unusual punishments?
Electrocution?
Injections?

The list of violations on many Amendments is astounding and all you cry about is the 2nd...

Don't blame me.

Oh by the way, unless it's for a well regulated militia or against a villainous government, kiss your RIGHT goodbye, it's a privilege.
edit on 7-10-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Maybe we should let the dead ask if they agree with Obama...

Works for me.

I love to hear what the founding fathers would have to say on this issue, and how the US government is acting like the British Crown.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Gun RIGHTS are not 'privileges'.

They are UNALIENABLE RIGHTS.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join