It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

An interesting point is how many of these mass shootings have vociferously proliferated with OBAMA as president, and add to that his proven strategy of breaking the law , bending the law, and other underhanded gun removal strategies like adding in to doctor's visits a questionnaire that steers you into admitting a mental problem or some depression symptoms they can use against you to take away gun rights..
And, Yes he would try to engineer this. He already has.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: opethPA

That is a stupid question so I'm not going to answer it.

Let me ask it in a way that you don't find stupid...

What knowledge do you have that lets you know they are being insincere and fishy?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm fine with that, I don't think they do much.
People don't care about the label.
Either they want to break the law or they think no one can tell them where they can carry.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

The point being that if it wasn't then someone with a gun would have stopped him?

www.rawstory.com...

Actually finding out what is the root cause of all these shootings in the USA and fixing it ?

link   

originally posted by: Jansy
a reply to: Murgatroid

Some years ago I didn't feel that my (fairly mild) anti-depressant was helping much. My doctor (who was a psychiatrist, but basically a pill-pusher) prescribed Effexor. I took two and I felt strongly if I continued to take them I'd end up with a semi-automatic going postal at some McDonalds. Scared me badly. So they were DUMPED immediately.

Went back to my mild A/D. I decided I would much rather feel mildly depressed than suicidal or psychotic.

But, unfortunately, many people don't recognize their feelings changing...and sometimes they just think that their health care professional knows what he/she is doing...so they don't question. These types of drugs can be an absolute life saver.....on the other hand, they need to be prescribed carefully and the patients monitored constantly.....but that doesn't always happen.

(And, for the record, I never bought that semi-automatic....)

That is really terrible that that happened to you... I started taking Effexor 13 years ago when I was 17 and having severe depression and anxiety to the point of breaking my own bones to cause myself pain. Effexor actually saved me. I've never had a single thought of hurting anyone else in my entire life, before or after taking it.. and 13 years later, I'm here and have never hurt myself again. I can't even hurt a spider in the house.. I rescue animals.. I help other people..

Not all of us on Effexor or any medication are going to turn into psychopaths. Just like not every psychopath is on meds in the first place. I just wanted to share that.

link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Not at all, that article is about the good guy with a gun shooting the victim in the head and the fleeing the scene.

link   
Interesting reports....Lady shooter....20 dead....

news.sky.com...
edit on 1-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

There is more than a bit of truthful reality there...

But...

Are folks outside of the U.S. as heavily medicated as some portions of the U.S. population is? My thoughts run to interactions between drugs, not just one drug. The cumulative effect of multiple drugs.

The fact that they're on the drugs to begin with is a sign of problems.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
What is wrong with people these days. Just because something does not go exactly how you wanted in life. You go out and kill a bunch of people. That is what all these cases boil down to. Poor me. So because your life sucks. You are going to go out and kill. It makes no sense to me. If your life sucks, then put the same energy you did into planning a mass murder, into making your life better.

There were times that my life sucked. During those times I sometimes had dark thoughts, that involved hurting myself, but never ever others. Are people just that self absorbed now a days? That they only see their problems. Without realizing everyone has problems. Even if they are not readily apparent.

Its times like this that I hope there is someplace better to go when you die. Because none of the people who died in this shooting deserved to die like this.

My heart goes out to the victims families.

If only mental illness was so simple. You have a lot to learn.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deadscreameyes
That is really terrible that that happened to you... I started taking Effexor 13 years ago when I was 17 and having severe depression and anxiety to the point of breaking my own bones to cause myself pain. Effexor actually saved me. I've never had a single thought of hurting anyone else in my entire life, before or after taking it.. and 13 years later, I'm here and have never hurt myself again. I can't even hurt a spider in the house.. I rescue animals.. I help other people..

Not all of us on Effexor or any medication are going to turn into psychopaths. Just like not every psychopath is on meds in the first place. I just wanted to share that.

I didn't mean to imply that Effexor was bad...it was just bad for ME. Everyone is different, everyone metabolizes meds differently. That's why I said that ANY prescription should be made with careful deliberation and monitored very carefully.

It's great that Effexor worked for you. I'm sure it works for many people. It just did a number on me.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I dont know about anti psychotics but I do know one puff on ice and you can throw breeding,upbringing,morals,conscience and pacifism out the window,I as a schizophrenic have been in and out of mental hospitals for 2 decades and Ive come across hundreds of mentally ill the only real problem children were the ones on illicit drugs as well as prescribed ones...just a thought.
edit on 1-10-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

link   

We are trying to apply rational thought to an irrational mind, we have no idea what made him go there or what would not have made him.

Lets stop acting like taking the 'gun free' label off would have changed anything.

Are you seriously trying to dismiss the fact that mass shootings almost always happen in 'gun-free' zones??

I guess it's not relevant because it goes against your pre-conceived notions?

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

The point being that if it wasn't then someone with a gun would have stopped him?

www.rawstory.com...

Actually finding out what is the root cause of all these shootings in the USA and fixing it ?

That's reliant on the idea that they all have the same root...

Which is, to put it kindly, pretty absurd.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: crazyewok

www.rawstory.com...

That's reliant on the idea that they all have the same root...

Which is, to put it kindly, pretty absurd.

Maybe but there must be something unique about the USA as these shootings dont happen to the same disagree if at all else were.
edit on 1-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sorry I'm late, was just over catching up on the thread about the 15 bombings in china.

So where were we?

Oh yes, America is the only place that has crazy people killing others.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Are you saying I have to be involved in numerous mass shootings to know when a person sounds insincere? That's what you asked me, and that is a stupid thing to ask. I told you only one sounds sincere.

I'm watching this live. I'm hearing their voices, are you? I hear insincerity. Also, fishy does not confirm full disbelief, it only confirms skepticism. Is that still allowed on this site? Please, let me know if it is not; I will stop immediately.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
originally posted by: starfoxxx

What are they checking for now??

This is, or at least - should be, SOP (Standing/Standard Operating Procedure). The cops can't (shouldn't) assume the shooter is alone and the shooter himself or one (or more) accomplices could try getting away in the confusion.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Are folks outside of the U.S. as heavily medicated as some portions of the U.S. population is?

Yes, same #, it is often discussed in the news how anti depressive medicine is handed out like candy, same picture all over Europe.

Hell, i am on anti D and anxiety medication, 6 years, 10 or more different medications over the years, most of them doing absolutely nothing, other than dry mouth.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

They happened in those places BEFORE we put the label on them as well.

You think schools were not the targets before that as well?

Shootings did not start once we put those up, they are rather new where as mass shootings are not.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
I dont know about anti psychotics but I do know one puff on ice and you can throw breeding,upbringing,morals,conscience and pacifism out the window, I as a schizophrenic have been in and out of mental hospitals for 2 decades and Ive come across hundreds of mentally ill the only real problem children were the ones on illicit drugs as well as prescribed ones...just a thought.

Posts like yours not only must take a huge amount of courage...

I think they are also some of the best sources of real insight as to is really going on behind the scenes.

Thank you...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join