It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sky news is talking to someone at the scene, and it seems a man and a woman are involved. The woman is thought to be 'down'

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i wonder how many of these shootings happen in countries bigger than the US that have different gun laws, or laws not based on an antiquated revolutionary times which gave all citizens the rights to bear arms... an entire era ago...

if the rights to own a weapon was omitted from the constitution i wonder.... i dont understand a 'right' to have guns. im not anti gun, but i dont see why we revolve around guns so much.

some people are going to say its the person not the gun, but how many mass stab attack occur monthly, or sniper knife thrower on the side of a highway, or 'active stabbing' drills law enforcement train for, or is there millions in knife smuggling corruptions, or knife armed robberies, or a cop accidentally using excessive knife or pepper spray force. or a guy armed with a bat and goes mental in a church with women and children.

if pro gun people ( which im neither pro or anti ) are going to say its the person not the gun, and anything can be used as a weapon etc... but when in history has someone been able to go on a campus and murder dozens with 'anything' but a gun.

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They (media) all rush to scoop each other. Rather than you know, report the news.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

The point being that if it wasn't then someone with a gun would have stopped him?

www.rawstory.com...

So more guns... That's your honest solution?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
These witnesses sound so fishy. I don't know if it is the numbness, or shock, but they all sound... insincere. The only sincere one was one of the police officers.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Your NRA and those who back that childish organization have prevented any meaningful discussion in all the other shootings that occur every few weeks.

Now its time for the government and the police and anyone else to take your guns by FORCE.

When children in schools and colleges can't even study and feel safe in an educational environment because they all get SHOT to death......then your country is a sad and pathetic one that needs either FULL government CONTROL over all citizens or being disbanded as a country and being taken over and resources spread throughout the world.

When RC Christian design and built the Georgia Guide stones this is something he did not want. Depopulation should start in the US.

I will back the Government ONLY on this one issue...take your guns and if non compliant..TERMINATE!!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Your NRA and those who back that childish organization have prevented any meaningful discussion in all the other shootings that occur every few weeks.

Now its time for the government and the police and anyone else to take your guns by FORCE.

When children in schools and colleges can't even study and feel safe in an educational environment because they all get SHOT to death......then your country is a sad and pathetic one that needs either FULL government CONTROL over all citizens or being disbanded as a country and being taken over and resources spread throughout the world.

When RC Christian design and built the Georgia Guide stones this is something he did not want. Depopulation should start in the US.

I will back the Government ONLY on this one issue...take your guns and if non compliant..TERMINATE!!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The point being that if it wasn't then someone with a gun would have stopped him?

www.rawstory.com...

...or that the loon would not have gone there in the first place.

link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
These witnesses sound so fishy. I don't know if it is the numbness, or shock, but they all sound... insincere. The only sincere one was one of the police officers.

How many mass shootings have you been involved with that lets you know they are being fishy?

link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Millions of people outside the US take the same prescription drugs, and they don't go around and shoot each other, or in any other way mass killing people.

The prescription drugs just show the shooters are mentally ill, and that's the problem, not the drugs.
edit on 1-10-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Guns need more restrictions...

Guns don't kill people, anti depressants do...

It's a false flag MK ultra style...

This is a set up to take my guns away, we'll see about that...

*Every shooting thread ever*

Thanks Obama.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Let me guess...when a kid finds a gun and shoots someone, you will jump straight to blaming the gun owner.

When I suggest that some kids may end up with psychological problems as a result of overprotective parenting, you say I am "blaming others" and should not think about why this incident occurred.

If there is a pattern, it's not a logical one...
edit on 1-10-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
a reply to: Murgatroid

Some years ago I didn't feel that my (fairly mild) anti-depressant was helping much. My doctor (who was a psychiatrist, but basically a pill-pusher) prescribed Effexor. I took two and I felt strongly if I continued to take them I'd end up with a semi-automatic going postal at some McDonalds. Scared me badly. So they were DUMPED immediately.

Went back to my mild A/D. I decided I would much rather feel mildly depressed than suicidal or psychotic.

But, unfortunately, many people don't recognize their feelings changing...and sometimes they just think that their health care professional knows what he/she is doing...so they don't question. These types of drugs can be an absolute life saver.....on the other hand, they need to be prescribed carefully and the patients monitored constantly.....but that doesn't always happen.

(And, for the record, I never bought that semi-automatic....)

That is a terrible and scary story. I have had my experience with bad mood changes from meds, while not anti depressant types but instead a med used for nerve pain - pregabalin. The thing is in Canada I cannot just go out and buy a semi auto weapon, or even a hand gun or high powered rifle. Well I can but in order to even move around with it I would have to file a police report to even go to the gun range. I'm not anti guns but if you look at stats the U.S. has terrible gun violence stats compared to countries with these laws in place. I used to travel to Florida every year back pre 1995. I stopped going, it has become sooo scary so many shootings and everyone seems to have just grown accustomed to it!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Umm...NOPE.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

We are trying to apply rational thought to an irrational mind, we have no idea what made him go there or what would not have made him.

Lets stop acting like taking the 'gun free' label off would have changed anything.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It's cultural, Americans love violence, look at our games/sports, turn on the TV and there is a simulated murder every 15sec.,

Thirty minutes ago I would have agreed with you olaru...

After reading some articles for the past 30 minutes I think there is more going on than just the cultural and moral issues.

I just posted some quotes a few minutes ago here linking anti-depressants with mass murders.

I just did another search using the terms: 'Common Traits of Mass Shootings Prozac' and now I'm beginning to think that the causes are a combination of many different things.

One example from this search:

The following is a republishing of an important article written by Dan Roberts from AmmoLand.com. It reveals the real truth about mass shootings that bureaucrats and lawmakers are choosing to sweep under the rug: psychiatric drugs. If you want to know the real reason why mass shootings are taking place, this is the "inconvenient truth" the media won't cover.

(Ammoland.com) Nearly every mass shooting incident in the last twenty years, and multiple other instances of suicide and isolated shootings all share one thing in common, and it's not the weapons used.

The overwhelming evidence points to the signal largest common factor in all of these incidents is the fact that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes.

Multiple credible scientific studies going back more than a decade, as well as internal documents from certain pharmaceutical companies that suppressed the information show that SSRI drugs ( Selective Serotonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors ) have well known, but unreported side effects, including but not limited to suicide and other violent behavior. One need only Google relevant key words or phrases to see for themselves. www.ssristories.com is one popular site that has documented over 4500 " Mainstream Media " reported cases from around the World of aberrant or violent behavior by those taking these powerful drugs.

www.naturalnews.com...

link   
a reply to: Mianeye

The drug made me do it defense is up there with Satan told me too. Its a cop out.

link   
a reply to: opethPA

That is a stupid question so I'm not going to answer it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Do we know why?

Or should we just start throwing out blame before we know anything.

Free range kids shoot people too.

.when a kid finds a gun and shoots someone, you will jump straight to blaming the gun owner.

Blame the parent for leaving the gun out sure, but the kid would be the one that decided to shot the person.
But that has nothing to do with this and just a red herring.
Nice.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

We are trying to apply rational thought to an irrational mind, we have no idea what made him go there or what would not have made him.

Lets stop acting like taking the 'gun free' label off would have changed anything.

Fair...then let's stop acting like applying a 'gun free' label is useful as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join