It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: opethPA

Are you saying I have to be involved in numerous mass shootings to know when a person sounds insincere? That's what you asked me, and that is a stupid thing to ask. I told you only one sounds sincere.

I'm watching this live. I'm hearing their voices, are you? I hear insincerity. Also, fishy does not confirm full disbelief, it only confirms skepticism. Is that still allowed on this site? Please, let me know if it is not; I will stop immediately.

Im saying how do you know how I or any other person should respond in a situation like this?

How do you know if a person just saw their best friend shot and killed how they should respond.

I smiled and laughed the whole time at my Fathers funeral..if you saw that would you say I was insincere even if you didn't know what I was dealing with?

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Something in the water...

No, joking is inconsiderate...

I said it in the last shooting thread...

People can blame mental illness, pills, upbringing and everything else...

The only common denominator is the gun...

As you know, we don't really have guns...

But I can get one illegally in 5 minutes, so can thousands of not millions of us...
So why don't we???

Maybe it's a mental health thing...
But the gun is definitely an elephant in the room...

Last mass shooting in England, Raol Moat, sure there was mental health problems in that...
Obtaining a gun wasn't the hard part for sure.

Too easy to blame the gun, but it's just as easy to ignore it...

It's like the old saying...
Believing in no conspiracies is stupid, believing everything is a conspiracy is equally stupid...

Saying it's not guns is stupid, saying it's always solely about the gun is equally as stupid.

Sorry for the diatribe fella.

link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Probably not.

That's why the problem is going to be so hard to find, and just as hard to solve.

There is a commonality though, mental illness (I know...obvious), and the holes in the mental health care system that allows the most in need to slip through the cracks...

Combine that with a society that seems intent upon making the latest generations perpetual children dependent upon outside approval for their self-esteem. Which makes for fragile egos that can not handle anything approaching adversity.

Or they're just plain evil. That's a possibility, too.

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Why does this keep happening in the USA?

Because elements in the government want a gun free united states.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
There are plenty of threads on ATS about the increase in mass shootings in recent decades.

If you haven't noticed this disturbing trend yourself, I suggest you try out the search function.

While you're reading, watch for the phrase "gun-free zone" to be repeated multiple times.
edit on 1-10-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

from Ar15.com research. the sicko's on 4chan.

boards.4chan.org...#-he-#ing-did-it

archive.moe...

Read it before it is deleted.

twitter.com...
Members on @4chan are reporting that Toby Reynolds (Eggman on 4chan) is the shooter #UCCShooting #NotAnotherOne
edit on 1-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

link   
Anybody catch a name for the suspect yet? The police are now supposedly scouring through a male suspect's social media postings.
edit on 1-10-2015 by charolais because: typo

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This kind of shootings are not only in US. There has been plenty in Russia, for example, last year one in Moscow, Chesnya massacre of small kids in school. Finland had 2 school shootings too. Norway had Breivik .. its a sad World !

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Before a gun can kill someone, somebody has to make a choice to take another persons life.

I find it strange that the obvious focus isn't on the person making the choice, but on the method they use to do it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Mianeye

There is more than a bit of truthful reality there...

But...

Are folks outside of the U.S. as heavily medicated as some portions of the U.S. population is? My thoughts run to interactions between drugs, not just one drug. The cumulative effect of multiple drugs.

The fact that they're on the drugs to begin with is a sign of problems.

This is ATS, so I'm going to ask this: Was he in any government clinical trials? Was he taking any designer drugs? Was he involved in any way, shape, or form with any behavioral or cognitive experiments under the brain initiative?

You can attack me if you want to, but it is time we ask these questions. This is not about guns. Literally millions of Americans have guns, carry daily, and live safe law-abiding lives. Something else is going on with these people that do mass killings Hell, it could be a man with a machete just as well.

The technique used to control neurons is called DREADDs (designer receptors exclusively activated by designer drugs).
Brain neurons are genetically engineered to produce a custom-made - "designer" - receptor. When the receptor gathers in a manmade molecule that fits like a key in a lock, the neuron is activated.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
After reading through all of these posts/opinions. I've decided ATS should have a news team. Seems like some members do a dam better job at reporting then any news agency I've seen.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Thanks for that link. I should have checked 4chan earlier. Strange coincidence I was just watching a YouTube vid last night about 4chan murderers.

link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Hell, i am on anti D and anxiety medication, 6 years, 10 or more different medications over the years, most of them doing absolutely nothing, other than dry mouth.

I've noticed that many here on ATS seem to agree with you...

originally posted by: seeker1963
I was a victim of being fed these toxic poison for the past five years. I quit taking them about 8 months ago. Other than my anger coming back, I feel 100% better! If I would write a book about the thoughts I had and my struggles fighting my evil impulses during my years of being a victim of Big Pharm, I would be a very wealthy man!

originally posted by: MrUncreated
... I started taking my carbamazepine, which is supposed to help with my psychosis. Instead, I am now more depressed than I ever have been, and I have very long and vivid dreams which make me remember stuff that I have long since buried deep within my brain. This has led me to feeling quite suicidal, as of late... almost to the breaking point. I'm in no condition, mentally or physically, to do anything anymore. Seriously...wtf... I think I am in hell.

originally posted by: Trajan
Look, for everyone who is saying 'take meds' or 'see a therapist' You are all brainwashed into believing Pills make it better. They don't. Meds DO NOT help in anyway, shape or form. So, basically, DO NOT take ANY kind of medication they give you. It will just screw you over in the long run. It is better to get rid of your anxiety and sh1t naturally.

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I have friends that Are on head meds and quite frankly I feel that they seem to make it worse.

link   
This makes me sick, what's worse is that yesterday the gunman hoped onto 4chan and told 4chan users that he will be shooting up a school in the North West and people encouraged him to do it, and even provided him with advice on what exactly to do. Here's the link to the image of the 4chan post: i.imgur.com...

Anyone who's interested in what was happening on the police radio at the time, here's the link to listen to it: clyp.it...

I'm not sure if any of these have already been posted, sorry if they have.

link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Gun Free Zones are always easy targets for cowards like this

Exactly. And if a person becomes unhinged enough to actually do what has allegedly been done here and in similar cases, all the gun bans in the world wont stop them from getting an illegal gun and murdering a dozen people.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: starfoxxx

from Ar15.com research. the sicko's on 4chan.

boards.4chan.org...#-he-#ing-did-it

archive.moe...

Read it before it is deleted.

twitter.com...
Members on @4chan are reporting that Toby Reynolds (Eggman on 4chan) is the shooter #UCCShooting #NotAnotherOne

Time to ban internets discussion boards...

Maybe ban all of social media just to be "safe."

link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Probably not.

That's why the problem is going to be so hard to find, and just as hard to solve.

There is a commonality though, mental illness (I know...obvious), and the holes in the mental health care system that allows the most in need to slip through the cracks...

Combine that with a society that seems intent upon making the latest generations perpetual children dependent upon outside approval for their self-esteem. Which makes for fragile egos that can not handle anything approaching adversity.

Or they're just plain evil. That's a possibility, too.

Let's say 10% of the U.S. Is mentally ill in some way...
Why does this not happen more often then?

Same could be said for the gun...
If 50% have guns, why doesn't it happen more often...

Now let's say only 0.0001% is a brainwashed MK Ultra victim...

That could explain the minimal attacks.

I know these attacks seem a common occurrence...

But let's be honest we haven't seen anything like this since Charlie Hebdo or the Sydney Siege...

Roof and the news anchor not withstanding...

I dunno Seagull, it's a difficult one to decipher...

& I believe we'll be discussing the next one before we find out the problem.

link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

And correlation is not causation.

I think it is silly to try and place the blame on a label that people don't care about.
People are going to carry into gun free zones if they want to so what does it really stop?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

And correlation is not causation.

I think it is silly to try and place the blame on a label that people don't care about.
People are going to carry into gun free zones if they want to so what does it really stop?

Just the law abiding citizen, just the law abiding citizen...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
No one cares about the 'gun-free zone' label...except insane people looking for defenseless victims.

Read what the degenerates on 4chan say about these shootings. The goal is body count. The shooter would not attack a place where citizens might be armed.

Give it a rest. It's as common as common sense gets.
edit on 1-10-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join