It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS SHOOTING reported at Oregon college campus 15 dead atleast MANY MORE INJURED

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802
a reply to: karmicecstasy

There is the possibility that this is a Mk ultra Mind Control killing..

Based on what?

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I work at a large private university...and you would not BELIEVE how many of our students petition to have "emotional support animals." And, because we are legally bound to, we have to grant their requests upon verifiable medical documentation.

These kids cannot handle any stress at all, they cannot handle failure because they've never been allowed to fail. They cannot handle competition because "competition is bad, it's demeaning, it's demoralizing...so everybody gets a sticker cuz they participated." These kids can't handle social rejection. They can't handle academic pressure. They have no inner resources. They don't understand consequences.

It's sad...the world is a tough place, and we don't prepare our kids to deal with it.
edit on 1-10-2015 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So the fact that the sick person can all too easily and even legally acquire the deadly weapon and ammunition to commit a mass murder at will isn't significant at all?

Hey I'm not trying to lecture anyone. Your citizens will have to find a way to curtail these tragic events and I don't envy you on that task.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This doesn't smell right. Nah.. nah.

+3 more 
link   
I'm right here in Oregon so this really hits home...

While reading a story on this on oregonlive's news page I saw this comment:

• Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.

• Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.

• Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.

• Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.

• Jeff Weise, living on Minnesota’s Red Lake Indian Reservation, shot and killed nine people and wounded five others before killing himself. Weise had been taking Prozac.

• Joseph T. Wesbecker, just a month after he began taking Prozac in 1989, shot 20 workers at Standard Gravure Corp. in Louisville, Ky., killing nine. Prozac-maker Eli Lilly later settled a lawsuit brought by survivors.

• Kip Kinkel, 15, murdered his parents and then opened fire on his classmates at Thurston High School in Springfield, Oregon, May, 1998, killing two and wounding 22 others. He had been prescribed both Prozac and Ritalin.

• In 1988, 31-year-old Laurie Dann went on a shooting rampage in a second-grade classroom in Winnetka, Illinois, killing one child and wounding six. She had been taking the antidepressant Anafranil as well as Lithium.

• In Paducah, Ky., in late 1997, 14-year-old Michael Carneal, traveled to Heath High School and started shooting students in a prayer meeting taking place in the school’s lobby, killing three and leaving another paralyzed. Carneal reportedly was on Ritalin.

www.oregonlive.com...

Taking some of the names above and doing a search turns up some even more interesting results:

Antidepressant Drugs and Antipsychotic Drugs and Murder

Nearly every mass shooting incident in the last twenty years, and multiple instances of suicide, children killing their parents and Mom’s killing their children all share one thing in common.

There is overwhelming evidence suggesting that the common factor in all of these incidents is all of the perpetrators were either at the time of the crime or at some point in the immediate past…prior to the crime…taking anti-psychotic (psychotropic) drugs.

www.drdahlman.com...

Common Traits of Mass Shootings

Almost all the mass shooting in recent years share certain traits that are exactly the same. This would seem to be a good place to start to find a cause to the drastic increase in these events. Here is a detailed list of those common traits, complete with sources:

1) They occur in places where guns are not legally allowed

2) The shooters are on legal mind-altering medication (specifically re-uptake inhibitors, like Prozac, Paxil, etc.). They are also usually seeing a psychiatrist or had seen one. Note: for the specifics on each incident, see the list below.

3) Almost never a known motive. When there is, it doesn’t make sense.

4) There are always unusual circumstances that don’t make sense and many unanswered questions.

wakefromthedream.wordpress.com...

Is there a link between anti depressants & mass murders?
knowledgeglue.com...

edit on 1-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Supressors are not that effective! Given a neighbour to the campus heard shots, I call BS.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I blame the empty self-esteem movement.

Kids are sheltered, coddled, given trophies just for breathing and then they get into the real world and find out they actually have to achieve things and work hard too.

There was a relevant bit on the radio this morning about how college psychiatrists and psychologists get kids who need counseling because they can't cope with anything. Something as simply as having a mouse in their apartment can send them over the edge. That's how bad it's gotten with our kids.

Couldn't agree more..

Not everyone is equal, sometimes their are winners and sometimes their are losers in life.. I read an article about how this town decided there would be no champion in it's Little League because everyone was getting a trophy just for playing and that as a kid their is no such thing as being a loser.

Those kids grow up feeling entitled to success and as soon as someone finally tells them no you have to earn something they collapse..

Who knows if this was the case on this shooting but it's certainly a problem.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Someone picked up this, possibly indicating foreknowledge:

www.freerepublic.com...

What is the "Beta Uprising"?

It appears to be some kind of violent 'revenge of the nerds' type of event.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
Glad to see the cops keeping busy checking these poor kids bags when they should be getting them OUT OF THEIR..

What are they checking for now??

Is there any evidence that this photo was taken while the shooter was still active?

I am not doubting it am just asking.

link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: IAMTAT

Supressors are not that effective! Given a neighbour to the campus heard shots, I call BS.

It came from a reporter interviewing a student in the building.

link   
a reply to: Jansy

Really? Emotional Support Animals?

Our Pansy culture overfloweth. I suppose the kids need it now a days to cope with their white guilt.

They don't like competition? Who are they? John D Rockefeller?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Glad to see the cops keeping busy checking these poor kids bags when they should be getting them OUT OF THEIR..

This might not even be a student who did this...
ISIS???? We dont know yet guys..
It seems very well organized

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Official spokesman..."THERE IS NO MORE THREAT".

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: angeldoll

Why does this keep happening in the USA?

Mass murder is trending these days? I hope it's not contagious.

But why only in the USA?

#ed up social values.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I would put the blame on the people who cry about gun restrictions being too harsh. They do not want any restrictions on buying a gun and will fight tooth and nail for that right.

If mentally ill people can continue to own guns without restrictions this will continue to happen.

Say thank you for this mass shooting to the people who continue to fight less gun restrictions...NRA..and it's followers..

link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

This might not even be a student who did this... ISIS???? We dont know yet guys.. It seems very well organized

I am going to bet my house on this not being the work of ISIS.....

edit on 1-10-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Very unfortunate and sad.

Yes, and with all the bad press for the US today in the news, i.e. Russia, telling the world like it is and all.
Yes, pretty horrific story. I'm sure this will overshadow any doubts about Syria for awhile.

link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown

originally posted by: angeldoll

Why does this keep happening in the USA?

Mass murder is trending these days? I hope it's not contagious.

But why only in the USA?

#ed up social values.

We prefer violence apparently when we can't get sex.

link   

This world was not supposed to be as harsh in this generation. Generation Y and Z are naturally sensitive children. It was the responsibility of generation X and the generations before to prepare this world for the following generations. But greed, the reptilian mind. Blah. No use even arguing it.
edit on 1-10-2015 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: starfoxxx

Is there any evidence that this photo was taken while the shooter was still active?

I am not doubting it am just asking.

IF he was still active why have them standing around the campus

IF HE WAS NOT active and the guy was down/ in custody then why stopping these kid's and messing with them with what they just went through.
edit on 1-10-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join