It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians tell US to remove warplanes from Syria, senior official says

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Geographically, it is clear that the US has everything here to lose. I do not think that there is any more to say really.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I do not think that this should be about saving face, it should be about results. The US has had no results so far, sadly.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Start a group called RA and Osiris to make it fun

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Wow

Putin serves up a heaping helping of truth there alright. Too bad those in power in the US can't get past their childish pride to see and admit he is correct though.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Looks like 2031 is gonna be a pretty bad year.
2nd.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I do not think that this should be about saving face, it should be about results. The US has had no results so far, sadly.

You don't get "results" in the middle east. You interfere in other peoples business. Those natives look on you as Imperialists. The sandstorm gets stirred up again and Jihad gains blood.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: voyger2
First images of Russian fighters ? here

OMG! SU-25s! Those are super duper fighters that can fly at Mach 200, reach altitudes of 3 million meters, and take down airplanes with a single bullet!

LMAO!!!!! best post of the entire thread.

I sya pull out our airplanes and let the syrians burn. You need a dictator in that country to keep things civil. I d actually perfeer Russia move the seperatist in Ukraine to Syria and let them run the place instead. They have doen enough in Ukraine already time to move on. Now if someone shoots down a US aircraft then i say the eye for an eye approach comes into play. its called proportional response. Civil countries do that from time to time.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Syria crisis: Russia and US military to hold talks on air strikes

The US and Russian military will hold talks "as soon as possible" to avoid clashing in Syria, the countries' top diplomats say.

Russian defence officials say their aircraft carried out about 20 missions against the so-called Islamic State group (IS) on Wednesday.

But the US expressed fears the targets were non-IS opponents of Russia's ally, Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad.

The US is targeting IS with air strikes in both Syria and Iraq.

Nato said there had been little co-ordination by Russia with US-led forces against IS, also known as Isil.

edit on 30-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Somewhere Russia openly acknowledged the Assad government asked Moscow for help.

Recently FSA and AQ factions have gained considerable ground from the Assad regime.

US and allies say they have flown 7100 sorties against the ISIL. Then why is it still standing firm and not losing ground?

It looks like the war of words between US and Russia, asking each other stay out of Syrian airspace can "very easily" turn into a situation like 1962 Cuban crisis where the opposing navies came to within a "stone throw" distances from each other.

US blames today's Russian strikes being aimed at Assad's enemies.........there is no ISIL in Homs! This can become a chaotic theater quickly with blame game escalating to something more "scary".

HOPE NOT !!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is scary build up........................

debka.com...

Two blocs having war rooms regarding Syria..............

debkafile’s military sources report that Russian preparations for military action in Syria are clearly not limited to that country. They are being run by a joint coordination forward command and war room established a few days ago by Russia, Iran, Iraq and Syria in Baghdad. It is designed as the counterpart of the US Central Command-Forward-Jordan war room established north of Amman for joint US-Saudi-Qatari-Israeli-Jordanian and UAE operations in support of Syrian rebel operations against the Assad regime.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Heres a song thats appropriate for this situation. Its from fallout 4. "its all over,but the crying"
SO sit back...tidy up that fallout shelter. store you soem coke in bottles outside to get irradiated and get soem radiation suits,guns and some tools. Its gonna get a little hot.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Debka as a source? Is it even reliable (serious question by the way)?

The strikes on "ISIS" being reported by Russia/Syria is leaving out some key facts. Namely they are calling any group opposed to Assad as ISIS.

Putins second issue is how little support the Russian people have for direct military assistance / intervention in Syria. 69% of Russians don't agree with the Russian action in Syria.

* - Russia launches airstrikes in northern Syria, senior military official says
* - Who is present in areas hit by Russian forces?
edit on 30-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

That's smart of Putin as any FSA or AQ or Nusra Front warriors soon turn inside the ISIS camp. The best example of this is the fact that more than 80% of US trained FSA rebels joined the ISIS.

What Putin is doing is destroying the most fluid source of men and machines to the ISIS. Russia need not bomb the ISIS as US and allies have already flown 7100 sorties against them. What RuAF is doing is "choking the supply lines".

Do you think FSAs are good guys? In civilized world's notes, there is no such thing as a good Jihadist.

Lines of communications should be open and clear between US and Russia while doing the bombing runs and in a long shot scenario of "gotten too close"............both parties should show maturity and shy off from any escalation.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I think people in the ME have been murdering each other for 2000 years and will continue to do so whether or not the US is in existence or not.

Considering the rebels are also fighting ISIS I don't grant the premise of the rebels being a part of ISIS.

Lines of communication have been opened between the 2 at the top military level. The issue is going to come to a head when Russia attacks rebel forces and coalition forces get involved.

This is where the issue comes in with what Russia claims they are doing and what they are really doing. The UN has a clear and accepted definition of what ISIS is and that is based on ISIS declarations for their caliphate. Russia is not attacking just ISIS.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
FSA ans ISIL are the same dudes period.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The only way to gain traction and turn this war around is to back a single party then attack the hell out of anyone in opposition to it.

Russia has made the logical choice with Assad as he still controls the Syrian military institution.

Any opposition to Assad needs to be overcome and when the war is won a dialogue held with whoever is left alive.

As a non American, I can't believe I am advocating this, but things have gone that wrong in Syria it is all out war first to crush the rebellion now. And the USA needs to understand it does not own Syria, it has no right to dictate who should be in power and it should not stand in the way of someone who has come along to put and end to the nightmare over there.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
So in other news, shortly after Russia told the US to get out, The US bombed Aleppo. Also Turkey bombed the PKK. What a fiasco.

The United States carried out an air strike on Wednesday against Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) targets in the vicinity of the Syrian city of Aleppo, a U.S. official said, adding that the U.S. military would keep flying even as Russia starts rival operations.

world.bgnnews.com...

Turkish warplanes struck 24 targets in a bombardment of Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) positions in the southeastern province of Hakkari late on Tuesday, the military said.

national.bgnnews.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

There was a behind the scenes handshake deal made. USA put Assad in power (and both) USSR wants to retain that same regime; why? no natural resources but strategically a foothold in the middle east. Let Russia waste its extremely limited GNP on a NO THING gained military action blow backed as [look at the strength in my arms]. The Ukraine may get a break or respite regarding focused attention regarding its border violations.
edit on 1-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

Someone needs to start taking this seriously soon. I support Russia trying a new strategy but they are only committing to airstrikes. The fastest way and perhaps only way this ends is if a world power or alliance of world powers goes in with full force including ground troops and commits to a lengthy, possibly decades long peace keeping and rebuilding effort. I don't see anyone willing to do that so maybe the best option is to stop throwing fuel on the fire.

That said, I don't see much harm in letting the Russians try their strategy to stabilize the nation. Using the Syrian military does sound like the best bet against the Islamic State if world powers aren't willing to use their own troops to stabilize the situation.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danton
a reply to: TheChrome

Someone needs to start taking this seriously soon. I support Russia trying a new strategy but they are only committing to airstrikes. The fastest way and perhaps only way this ends is if a world power or alliance of world powers goes in with full force including ground troops and commits to a lengthy, possibly decades long peace keeping and rebuilding effort. I don't see anyone willing to do that so maybe the best option is to stop throwing fuel on the fire.

That said, I don't see much harm in letting the Russians try their strategy to stabilize the nation. Using the Syrian military does sound like the best bet against the Islamic State if world powers aren't willing to use their own troops to stabilize the situation.

This is a bunch of bull. Russia has already engaged ground troops in battle. They are using the same denial method they used in Ukraine. According to this source, they already conducted ground operations along with the Syrian Army and Hizballah.
www.debka.com...

If they only intended to do airstrikes, why did they send T-90 tanks to the region?
news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join