It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians tell US to remove warplanes from Syria, senior official says

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

Well if true I think that is wonderful. Finally someone who has the capability to do something about it taking the Islamic State and chaos caused by instability in the region seriously.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danton
a reply to: TheChrome

Well if true I think that is wonderful. Finally someone who has the capability to do something about it taking the Islamic State and chaos caused by instability in the region seriously.

There are too many parties, with different agendas, and it gets a little more sketchy every day. Saudi Arabia is now talking about a military option. Of course this is Saudi Arabia Vs. Iran. And as an extended sense US Vs. Russia. Dangerous.

Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister said Tuesday there is a military option in Syria that will end with the removal of President Bashar Al Assad if the preferred political option does not lead to his departure.

gulfnews.com...

edit on 1-10-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It so happens that Russia bombed CIA Attached Syrian rebels yesterday at all 4 locations around Homs.

Now this is going to become very interesting the next few days. The US are going to throw a major fit over this in the media.

Washinton Post

U.S. officials said the strikes appeared to target opponents of Syria’s embattled President Bashar al-Assad, a key Russian ally. Those hit include U.S.-backed units that were trained and armed by the CIA, officials said.

www.washingtonpost.com... ac_story.html

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: victor7

I think people in the ME have been murdering each other for 2000 years and will continue to do so whether or not the US is in existence or not.

Considering the rebels are also fighting ISIS I don't grant the premise of the rebels being a part of ISIS.

Lines of communication have been opened between the 2 at the top military level. The issue is going to come to a head when Russia attacks rebel forces and coalition forces get involved.

This is where the issue comes in with what Russia claims they are doing and what they are really doing. The UN has a clear and accepted definition of what ISIS is and that is based on ISIS declarations for their caliphate. Russia is not attacking just ISIS.

Honnestly who cares.....

Let Russia bomb them all and let allah sort out who are the "good" terrorists and "bad" terrorists.

Only way to sort the mess that is syria out is help assad get it back under central control, eradicate IS THEN have the international community pressure Assad to step down.

edit on 1-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Lets see, someone's jet fighter is going to get shot down, by accident of course. Question will be who is going to shoot who down? Going to get real interesting real fast. I watched Kerry and Ivan speak after their little meeting and judging by their facial expressions they didn't get much solved. I read a few days back that China has some jets in Syria also. Bad feeling about this one.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
Lets see, someone's jet fighter is going to get shot down, by accident of course. Question will be who is going to shoot who down? Going to get real interesting real fast. I watched Kerry and Ivan speak after their little meeting and judging by their facial expressions they didn't get much solved. I read a few days back that China has some jets in Syria also. Bad feeling about this one.

One Russian SU 25 was hit yesterday. But no information if it actually whent Down.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

If Chinese jets are in Syria, they will be there legally and at the request of Syria its ally, to help defend the country from Saudi, Qatari are USA state sponsored terrorism. No bad feeling needed, just good a feeling that the government in Syria is getting help to defeat terror.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
So who are US fighter jets fighting or bombing?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

At this point I doubt they care.

Every time the US drops a bomb a congressmen stock shares go up.

Hell just looking at how the shares of Raytheon are doing makes me want to buy some shares!

Its a shame as Syria a right mess and everyone is running round like headless chickens.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Anything that moves I think

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Who are the Americans bombing? Any Arabs not affiliated to the USA/Saudi/Qatari state sponsored terror groups.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProleUK

Anything that moves I think

Funny

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

often their allies or their own....
women and children and non-combatants...seem to cop the brunt...

Isis seem to miss out....

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

ISIS..

Syrian government forces / Russians are going after Syrian civilians.

ATS - CIA-backed rebels, civilians reportedly targeted by Russian airstrikes in Syria
edit on 1-10-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

No they are not. Right Now at this moment Russia is bombing around Jisr al-Shoughour and Idlib these are rebel stronholds. These targets have been chosen together With the Syrian Government.

Earlier today Russia Bombed 4 IS targets South of Homs.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

No they are not. Right Now at this moment Russia is bombing around Jisr al-Shoughour and Idlib these are rebel stronholds. These targets have been chosen together With the Syrian Government.

and ISIS is no where near Homs.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

And the also killed some women and children in those strikes as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

and ISIS is no where near Homs.

I Guess you know that better than the Russians.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Yes considering Russia and Syria are referring to any group opposed to Assad as ISIS.

Neat little catch all on their part even though I think they are the only one believing those lies.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

And the also killed some women and children in those strikes as well.

It's war. Even the US killed women and children in their quests... nobody made a big deal out of that????
When the US bomb civilians are often called insurgents.

If i was to be Critical..... it would be to the type of bombs Russia have chosen to use so far.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join