It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians tell US to remove warplanes from Syria, senior official says

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Did you think Putin's actions wouldn't get the United States' hawks all riled up?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: DJW001

So basically when we kill each other we are really killing ourselves.

And you want to do that on a massive scale?

Or do you not understand what I wrote?

I understood what you wrote but apparently you didn't. You believe in non-duality with Good Guys and Bad Guys, and killing in the name of peace is a good thing.
edit on 1-10-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Can't figure out how to embed on my phone but someone on my Facebook just caught this reporter slipping up and saying the U.S. And ISIS are working together on CNN: m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What the......................... Is this for real? Syria is a sovereign state. defending itself against terrorism. I got to say it, is the USA behind ALL the carnage in the Middle East? This is too unreal.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wintermichelle
Can't figure out how to embed on my phone but someone on my Facebook just caught this reporter slipping up and saying the U.S. And ISIS are working together on CNN: m.youtube.com...

He said "ISIS Coalition," meaning the groups fighting ISIS that Putin won't join because he only wants to fight the legitimate opposition.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Laxus

The only propaganda here is coming from you directly . Putin specifically said that ISIS has nothing to do with Islam. Why twist everything to suite your needs ?

Funny... American Presidents have long been saying that Islam is a religion of peace and that terrorists pervert its teachings. And yet, the screams of "America is trying to destroy Islam!" drown that message out. Putin has stupidly blundered into that trap.

What are you even on about ? You were caught blatantly trying to push your opinion as facts on this forum and now you trying to muddy the waters even more ?

He will try to portray himself as sympathetic to Islam while Muslims accuse him of genocide. Meanwhile, the Russian media will crank out story lines about (American-backed) Muslim terrorists. Good luck with all that, Vladimir Vladimirovich!

Where are you even taking those outrageous stories from ? Daydreaming confused with reality maybe ?

Here some news for you taken from Wikipedia

Islam is the second most widely professed religion in Russia. Islam is considered as one of Russia’s traditional religions, legally a part of Russian historical heritage.

Here is more news from
Islam in Russia

There are about 20 million indigenous Muslims living in the Russian Federation where the total population is over 140 million (about 15 percent of the total population). Unlike other Muslim minorities in Europe, Russian Muslims are not foreign immigrants

*snip* ((removed off topic accusations))

edit on 0amx00000043 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/1/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What are you even on about ? You were caught blatantly trying to push your opinion as facts on this forum and now you trying to muddy the waters even more ?

Where was that? If you do not provide a link I will inform the Mods.

Where are you even taking those outrageous stories from ? Daydreaming confused with reality maybe ?

Been in a Russian bookstore lately? Thought not.

Islam is the second most widely professed religion in Russia. Islam is considered as one of Russia’s traditional religions, legally a part of Russian historical heritage.

This is why Putin, like the last two American presidents, has to explain that it's not a war on Islam. Meanwhile, the bookstores will fill up with krimis about terrorists from the "near abroad" (it used to be Chechen terrorists; now they'll be generic terrorists with names like "Ahmed," on the payroll of "NATO") and the TV will have shows about square jawed Russian cops defeating swarthy gangsters. Just like American TV ran programs like "24." Or do you think only the United States runs parallel propaganda campaigns?

If you can't understand that, you need to pay more attention to the way the world operates.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
US intentions may be good I suppose, but if Syria asks them to leave and they say no... Isnt that a clear violation of international law? I mean, assuming its not just the Russians telling them, if so then I guess the US couldnt care less.

This pretty much mean that the UN can simply toss out the US. That would be a great show. I wonder how Obama would feel after being that president.
edit on 1-10-2015 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Where was that? If you do not provide a link I will inform the Mods.

Let me enlighten you then.

It is clear that you have now accepted the Kremlin's "all Muslims are terrorists" propaganda

Please provide a link where Kremlin is labeling all Muslims as terrorist or i will inform the Mods.
edit on 0amx00000014 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: spy66

Except not all groups who oppose Assad belong to ISIS. Labeling them as ISIS is an excuse and nothing more. This 11th hour misadventure is going to blow up in Putins face all things considered.

Russia is going to resolve IS its just that Russia and Assad have to secure Strategic geografic positions first. And that includs bombing the crap out of the US supported rebles.

Russia cant just Bomb ISIS who are able to relocate practicaally everywhere within Syria, because that puts Russian forces in jepardy for attacks from both the rebels and ISIS Close to home base.

There are steps that have to be taken before we see Russia put in full force against IS.

Next week the US supported rebels might even join forces With IS to make the fight against Russia and Assad more effective. Who knows, it seams like a Logic senario in the future.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka
US intentions may be good I suppose, but if Syria asks them to leave and they say no... Isnt that a clear violation of international law? I mean, assuming its not just the Russians telling them, if so then I guess the US couldnt care less.

This pretty much mean that the UN can simply toss out the US. That would be a great show. I wonder how Obama would feel after being that president.

Obama is already that president. Russia have already set up a a few A2/AD "anti-access/area denial bubble's already in Syria.

Russia didnt do that for nothing. The US are going to be pushed out.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

Iranian ground troops committed in Syria.

Hundreds of Iranian troops have arrived in Syria in the last 10 days and will soon join government forces and their Lebanese Hezbollah allies in a major ground offensive backed by Russian air strikes, two Lebanese sources told Reuters.

Seems the guess was right, RuAF does the air stuff and Iranian, Hezebollah and Syrian forces mop off the ground.

Is US going to play a spoiler and start to arm the FSA rebels? If not directly then via Saudi and Qatar? Pentagon chiefs have already sent in such a request to WH few days ago.

Once Assad and allies are finished with FSA and ISIS inside Syria, then the ground focus would move what ever is left of ISIS inside Iraq. At that point, Iraq will also commit troops in action.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Please provide a link where Kremlin is labeling all Muslims as terrorist or i will inform the Mods.

It's not like they had a press conference to announce it. But here (emphasis mine):

Russia's powerful Orthodox Church on Wednesday voiced support for Moscow's decision to carry out airstrikes in Syria against the Islamic State group, calling it a "holy battle".

- See more at: www.alaraby.co.uk...

Dannreuther says Putin adopted a three-pronged approach to dealing with the insurgencies in the Caucuses, and this in some ways reflects Assad's approach to the conflict.

One was a military campaign to repress the opposition, the second was to isolate foreign Muslim (and usually Saudi-backed) groups, and the third was to enhance a state-approved version of Islam which is loyal to Moscow.

"There is a very strong effort to establish state control of religious identity in Russia and to defeat radical Islam and Muslims linked to terrorist groups," Dannreuther says.

"In part, Russia is like Syria which is similarly a multi-ethnic and multi-religious country. Russia sees support for Assad as part of a process that is not dissimilar to its own experiences of establishing state authority over religious extremism."

- See more at: www.alaraby.co.uk...

1. Islamophobia in Russia – The election in August 2013 of Sergei Sobyanin, an ultranationalist, as
mayor of Moscow had given racism in Russia a prominent official face. In the last week of November
2013, the mayor stunned the world by announcing that Moscow was banning the construction of new
mosques. The ban was one of the latest and clearest signs of the growing anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim
sentiments in Russia.

Russia: Construction of Kaliningrad mosque stopped – The Central District Court halted
construction of the mosque on two land lots in the Southern Park of Kaliningrad. Kaliningrad City – the
Museum of Fridlanskiye Vorota filed a lawsuit against the construction. The organization believed that the
Kaliningrad head granted free land for the mosque and the road to it on 3 August 2009, illegally. The
court has halted the construction and will be studying documents for construction of the mosque. Locals
residents had been protesting against the mosque construction. A 20-year-old welder attempted
to blow up the mosque in November 2011.

www.oic-oci.org...

I could go on, but you get the picture. Putin says one thing and makes public gestures towards the Islamic community, while his nationalist supporters rally against them. Putin wants to be able to control Islam in Russia, deciding what its adherents can and cannot do or believe. Meanwhile, he lumps all the Arabs who oppose Assad together and calls the "terrorists." (Actually, Lavrov contradicted this a few minutes ago and said Russia considers the FSA legitimate and should be a part of the political process.)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Once Assad and allies are finished with FSA and ISIS inside Syria, then the ground focus would move what ever is left of ISIS inside Iraq. At that point, Iraq will also commit troops in action.

Except Lavrov just said it wants FSA to be part of the political process!

But Lavrov said Russia does not consider the FSA a terrorist group. "We believe that Free Syrian Army should be part of the political process," he said.

www.cnn.com...

I figured Putin would get Assad to sit down and talk, then squeeze him out.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

But Lavrov said Russia does not consider the FSA a terrorist group. "We believe that Free Syrian Army should be part of the political process," he said.

C'mon Man! you trust the Russians? agreed cold war I has been over for more than 20 years but folks around the world do not easily change their traits.

Hint: Putin said RuAF will bomb ISIL but in actuality he is bombing FSA and then saying they are NOT terrorists.........C'Mon pal! you are smarter than that!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

If Chinese jets are in Syria, they will be there legally and at the request of Syria its ally, to help defend the country from Saudi, Qatari are USA state sponsored terrorism. No bad feeling needed, just good a feeling that the government in Syria is getting help to defeat terror.

I don't really care who is there legally or not. They're all terrorist. None of them is innocent on either side. Killing women and children. And my bad feeling is that this could spiral out of control.

edit on 1-10-2015 by Tarzan the apeman. because: them

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

a reply to: victor7

Except Lavrov just said it wants FSA to be part of the political process!

What, do you think that the Russian foreign minister is always speaking honestly and truthfully?

It only matters when Putin (and Assad) says it and does it.

They may say blah blah blah and then as soon as there's a political agreement Assad hangs the lot of them.

Remember Good Russian Bad Russian? Medvedev and Putin? How long were they running that? Now Lavrov is the new Medvedev.

BTW, whatever happened to Medvedev? Edited out of the photos already?

edit on 1-10-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

What, do you think that the Russian foreign minister is always speaking honestly and truthfully?

Yes he is honestly telling the truth...well the truth Putin tells him to say, honestly.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
ENOUGH!!

Accusation against/about fellow members will now stop.

Anything further will be removed and posters posting privileges will be removed. The issue is contentious enough with out this stupid playground crap.

Supposedly you're all adults here, how about you prove it by acting like it?

Do Not Respond To This Post.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join