It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufos & Foo Fighters in Pulp Mags before 1950s

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Wolfenz

"but who the hell is this guy ?"

Irving Newton. He was called in to officially identify the wreckage as a weather balloon.

Meanwhile Brigadier General Thomas Dubose, chief of staff to Gen. Ramey (and both of whom appear in press photos with weather balloon in Ramey's office), said Deputy Chief of the Strategic Air Command, General Clements McMullen ordered him by phone to start a coverup.

Several days before the press photos were taken, Dubose said McMullen also ordered a shipment of debris from Roswell to Washington by "colonel courier," and subsequently was flown on to Wright Field for analysis. McMullen ordered absolute secrecy, said Dubose, and said it was so secret it was "beyond top secret."

Dubose was not to discuss this with anybody. "[Gen.] McMullen said, Look, why don't you come up with something, anything you can use to get the press off our back?

So we came up with this weather balloon story. Somebody got one and we ran it up a couple of hundred feet and dropped it to make it look like it crashed, and that's what we used."

"Actually, it was a cover story, the balloon part of it... Somebody cooked up the idea as a cover story ...we'll use this weather balloon. ...We were told this is the story that is to be given to the press, and that is it, and anything else, forget it.

…McMullen told me, ‘You are not to discuss this… this is more than top secret… it’s beyond that. It’s within my priority as deputy to George Kenney, and he in turn responsible to the President, this is the highest priority you can exhibit. And you will say nothing.’”

---

According to Marcel, Ramey then asked Marcel to go to the map room to brief him on where the debris field was located. When they came back, Marcel said that the weather balloon had been substituted for the debris he had actually brought from Roswell.

edit on 27-4-2016 by A51Watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

It wasn't just the allies, it was the Axis powers encountered them, too.

I seem to recall reading the the Germans were just as mystified at what their pilots were reporting. Not nearly the same reports by the Japanese, but if the b29 bomber streams over Japan encountered them, so, too, I would imagine, did the Japanese...

Oh, yes... There was definite high-level interest.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

It wasn't just the allies, it was the Axis powers encountered them, too.

I seem to recall reading the the Germans were just as mystified at what their pilots were reporting. Not nearly the same reports by the Japanese, but if the b29 bomber streams over Japan encountered them, so, too, I would imagine, did the Japanese...

Oh, yes... There was definite high-level interest.

right thats why i said both sides of the war ...

wonder if there is any existing documentation of reports on the German side of world war II
of Mystery objects or Sphere balls silvery or glowing red hot

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
yes... all the orbs I see are near or related to people nearby......
Like flying right on a sids route outbound with the jets...... or near a well drilller in east texas
edit on 28-4-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

If there are, they're either in Russia someplace, Great Britain someplace, or the US someplace...none of which anyone will ever see 'em.

The only thing we're ever likely to see/hear are anecdotal stories...and those will be fewer as those witnesses become fewer and fewer over the next decade.

Given how deeply any factual information would be buried, I have to wonder if anyone knows where it is. It might be one of those secrets that's actually died with it's keepers.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If there are, they're either in Russia someplace, Great Britain someplace, or the US someplace...none of which anyone will ever see 'em.

The only thing we're ever likely to see/hear are anecdotal stories...and those will be fewer as those witnesses become fewer and fewer over the next decade.

Given how deeply any factual information would be buried, I have to wonder if anyone knows where it is. It might be one of those secrets that's actually died with it's keepers.

Right .. that what i assume too.. with all the captured documentations and reports from the Allies .. more Likely Russia .. im guessing .. probably the reason that the Soviet Union was High in UFOS ... So high that in the 1950s to mid 1960s The Soviet government Encouraged Civilians to Record with Film and Report ! and then there was a big UFO Fan Club in Soviet Russia in the Cold War .. how quaint The American Government Did the Same thing.

right.. fewer witness as they are getting old ... or dying right off ...
In The 1950s of the UFO ALIEN craze was at its Peak and slowly drifted down..
now with our technology you cant tell where what are being shown reality or CGI or Photo Shopped
that why i stick with the old Newspaper Clippings and photos and film ( the few that iv seen )
..and filmed reports of witness seeing them from commercial to military pilots and radar techs
like in the Documentation called The Disclosure Project ..

to me UFOs perhaps existed its where the choosing if they are Earth Man driven or Out of this World Driven
or some Dimension or Time Elapse ( Time Travel ) potential possibility's..

well Died with it Keepers as you said .. much not far from the Truth.
well... as some American Astronauts are Speaking or Spoken
out Especially Aldrin ,Gordon Cooper ( as a test Pilot ) , Brian O Leary, James Mcdivitt (in Gemini 4 )
and Edger Mitchell !!
( although Mitchell hasn't seen one in reality but he heard from other Astronauts
and hes originally from Roswell New Mexico. and must of heard the Stories )

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
From the late 1920s

1927 ( CONE )

Look like an Ice Creme Cone shape

1927 ( Ballistic )

Like A similar Rocket Ship
Made by NASA

1928 ( Sphere )

Foo Fighter! around the Moon
with Great Detail how it moves
Especially in 1928

1928 ( Ballistic )

Another Rocket Ship Standing Up Right !!

1929 ( Wide Ballistic )

a Rocket Ship like a NASA Concept
with Astronauts in Space Suits with Helmets
and with Leads attach to them
with a device to boost to a destination

1929 ( Saucer aka Disk )

I have Posted this before ..
Still interesting that this Disk Shape Space ship
look like a Modern Known Shape of a UFO Disk aka Saucer
if you look side ways on the second UFO in the Background

From the 1920s of Sci Fi Pulp Mags

edit on 52016FridayfAmerica/Chicago5140 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
been a while posting some pics

As i have said before

from the 1920s to the 40s

Sphere Shape ( Foo Fighters ) and Disk Shape ( UFOS )
were all over The Science Fiction Pulp Mags.

Science fiction Then wasn't in the Populations Eye
until the 1950s of the UFO Alien Craze

Then, it was Detective and Western Pulps that were the Attraction

yet these Descriptions were there in these PULP Science Fiction Magazines
which is NOW Common Knowledge of UFOS and Foo Fighters since the 1950s

From 1936
Foo Fighters attacking or Interacting ?

From 1947

( looks like a Foo Fighter coming out of the water )
Amazing Stories November 1947

From 1948

( as the shape is seen the Movie invaders from mars )
Amazing Stories February 1948

Invaders from Mars 1953

www.youtube.com...

Invaders From Mars : UK UFO scene

Scene involving actual UFO reports of the period...
missing from US releases.
Obviously staged to be inserted or cut from the film.
For some interesting reason, only in the UK version...

( hey look, it has a Dome Top and cone shape )
Amazing Stories April 1948

edit on 62017SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago383 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 62017SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago383 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I love those old covers!!

I recently, OK not so recently-last year sometime-about a fighter pilot over Europe, I believe he was Soviet, who drew down on one, a foo fighter, with his cannon armed fighter, and according to the story, hit it, and did nothing to it...

I tried to find it again but I've no idea where I saw it, so the chances of finding it again are slim to none. Maybe someone herein is familiar with the tale?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I love those old covers!!

I recently, OK not so recently-last year sometime-about a fighter pilot over Europe,
I believe he was Soviet, who drew down on one, a foo fighter, with his cannon armed fighter, and according to the story, hit it, and did nothing to it...

I tried to find it again but I've no idea where I saw it, so the chances of finding it again are slim to none. Maybe someone herein is familiar with the tale?

There are quite a few that did , actually ,
Ones that are Verified Documented , that was in the Media news in their County
off the Top of my Head , a Syrian a Pakistani a Turkish Military Pilot, and a Russian, Pilot
that chased a Cigar Shape UFO around the same time Period , The media coverage was all around it ,in the same time frame

I think it was late 80s or Early 90s when it happened ,

Dont forget there were reports a week before the Roswell Crash
there were incidents of reports of UFOs from Montana , Utah , Arizona , to New Mexico
a week before the Roswell Crash .
it was pattern , actually the same pattern 3 years later had happen Again

from that Path there were Two incidents filmed

The Path from the Great falls Montana 1950 Incident and the Termonton Utah 1952 incident

had Happened, as there were reports in between but not filmed

which shows what appears to be a a Foo Fighter Description .

Great Falls Montana 1950

Nick Mariana UFO Footage - 1950 - Great Falls, Montana

Termonton Utah 1952

( note : taken by a Military Air force personnel )
www.youtube.com...

Delbert Newhouse UFO Footage - 1952 - Tremonton Utah.
www.youtube.com...

Pilot UFO Encounters - Incredible Testimonies [QUFOSR]

YEAH there they are In Very old 1920s , 1930s, 1940s , Pulp Science Fiction Magazines.

Either Mankind have been seeing them for a very long time , or Science Fiction Artist and Writers
had or made them up from them Selves or heard the Stories from other People ,

It Amazes me that these Descriptions of UFOS are in Pulp Fiction Magazines since the 1920s
and NOT too Many People had Taken Notice.

unfortunately Those Artist and Writers from those Pulps are Long gone Dead
Wish i could Question them about them ,

edit on 12017MondayfAmerica/Chicago385 by Wolfenz because: mispelled whats new LOL

edit on 12017MondayfAmerica/Chicago385 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
One of my favorite illustrations from War of the Worlds:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
One of my favorite illustrations from War of the Worlds:

a Drawing from what time Period ?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Sorry. 1906.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Sorry. 1906.

wow interesting

see ufo in porthole

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Great collection of images, would make really good posters.

As for foo fighters, both my friends grandad and my grandad were in the air force during ww2. They had both seem them, they were stationed in different parts of the world. It was also a much discussed topic between pilots.

Whatever they were, they were a real phenomena.

Can you give us any more information about what your granddad said about the Foo Fighters?

Thanks,

Erno

A very late reply to you, sorry for that.

He said they were balls if light or sometimes what looked like shiny spheres. They would zip around the aircraft as though they were trying to disrupt the aircraft's flight path.

Also on his death bed he said he had a book with details of a metal that would change the world for the better.

We never found this book and put it down to delusion as his liver and the rest of his body shut down.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

Great collection of images, would make really good posters.

As for foo fighters, both my friends grandad and my grandad were in the air force during ww2. They had both seem them, they were stationed in different parts of the world. It was also a much discussed topic between pilots.

Whatever they were, they were a real phenomena.

Can you give us any more information about what your granddad said about the Foo Fighters?

Thanks,

Erno

A very late reply to you, sorry for that.

He said they were balls if light or sometimes what looked like shiny spheres. They would zip around the aircraft as though they were trying to disrupt the aircraft's flight path.

Also on his death bed he said he had a book with details of a metal that would change the world for the better.

We never found this book and put it down to delusion as his liver and the rest of his body shut down.

Hope that helps.

That is what ive heard too and read in old articles from newspaper clipping to old magazines Gazettes ( from NON Science Fiction Magazines from the 1940s ) ..

metal ? details ?

came across from a crash , what is the story on this ?

something was going on in the 1930s as a lot of Different publishers of Scifi Pulps Amazing Stories , Thrilling Stories, Wonder Stories , Starling Stories , Super Science Stories, Fantastic adventures , Air wonder Stories , Science wonder stories, planet stories

as i said before :

One , either these Pilots and Crew had seen them ! from Bombers to Fighters

or
Two The Pilots and Crew Read too many Pulp Mags during the War to pass the time , between fighting .

that is the only Explanation that i can tell.

as what is described from them is the same description as what is show on the covers or illustration's of those Scifi Pulp Magazines

and if the Illustrators ( Artists ) or the Stories behind them or from the writers of those Stories of the Artwork Represents

just May of had seen them .

The Big Question WHY ? WHY so Many Spherical Objects in the Sky Supposed Spaceships
sliver to glowing or flaming , or shooting lasers or Lightning at Ships or other spacecraft
why is it that ?

the PULP Fiction Magazines from different Artists , Writers ,
and Different Publishers !! ? Show the Same thing. let alone ,,,
Disk Shape Space craft what we know as the Typical 1950s UFO Shape
in the 1930s. is where they mostly are in that decade
in the 1940s it just grew less,

From what i see its Mostly in Amazing Stories , and Science Wonder Stories.

what magazine with the most Awesome concept details to me is Air Wonder Stories

Specially at the time 1929 and only 11 issues

The Publisher must of had a big Love on Airships with Anti Gravity .

edit on 22017TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago493 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join