It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads take up entire screen even when logged in

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Surely, this can't be the purpose?

Every time I open a thread, the entire top of my screen is taken up by this huge vertical banner?

Screenshot

Mildly annoying, but most of all aesthetically displeasing. Is this by design? Or am I the only one who experiences this?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hmmm...I don't see any ads when I am logged in.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
worse yet, theres sometimes no X to close them out, and often come on as a video full blast when i come here in the AM with my mornin cup of green tea

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Same ad showing but this is after closing the browser and reopening this thread. Literally the entire top is filled with an ad every time I open a thread, it's never been this way...

Screenshot of thread

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I get a large one on my pc when logged in that pops up on every page. Only small, easily ignored ones on my mobile.

I have them both ad protected also.

Im running Firefox on both.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My whole screen is taken over by a Dodge/Jeep ad when I first open up an ATS page. It's so annoying that I doubt if I'll ever buy an automobile made in America.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HalfLeaf

That size/aspect-ratio ad is not supposed to show up in that position... I've never seen that.

Please send me a private message with the country in which you live, and your Internet service provider.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Not happening to me? That does take up a big space in an odd spot for you. Maybe something in your browser settings or flash?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

That size/aspect-ratio ad is not supposed to show up in that position... I've never seen that.

Please send me a private message with the country in which you live, and your Internet service provider.

Sounds like he has some adware/junkware infections SO. I'm not getting anything like that, on any browser, and I have 4 of them.

ADWCleaner

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I am not one to complain about ad's much . i don't mind clicking a few extra times to get into ATS .

However , This has happen to me many times .
Same issue . HUGE ad's nowhere to x them out . The only option was to restart the browser .

I got this with crome and Firefox, strange when i disabled flash all seemed well.

Anyway it is what it is . SO i live in CA and my ISP is comcast .

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

I've never seen an overlay ad that didn't have an [X] to close it... or that didn't disappear when clicking outside the boundaries of the ad.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Ive had that a couple of times in the last month only on the front page. I can't quite remember the ad though sorry .
I've had to refresh the page then quickly press login to avoid it coming up again, it gives you a few seconds to login.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I always get a website popping up on my desktop when I log into ATS. It sits behind the ATS website. Some of the annoying websites were The Crux and some bogus Microsoft 10 driver window optimizer. I've had a few others but don't recall their names. I've run Avast and Malwarebytes to try to get rid of them, but no luck.

Anyone else get this. Is there a solution to get rid of them?

Here's a screen shot of one of the websites that appears...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It happens almost every time I first open ATS and I almost never log out, so when I navigate here, I am already logged in. I am normally greeted by a large ad for a truck. Usually, I can find the X. On occasion, the ad is off center and the X is out of reach so I refresh. Once this week I had to refresh twice to get it to where I could see the X. Clicking outside doesn;t work.

The diet pepsi max ad was the worst..most persistent. But I haven't seen it in a while.

edit on 24-9-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

(post by sycomix removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Nupster removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Sounds like he has some adware/junkware infections SO. I'm not getting anything like that, on any browser, and I have 4 of them.

ADWCleaner

I'm 99.99% confident that's not the case since I'm actually browsing on a brand new Macbook which I don't even have for a week! That's why I started this thread, the issue is new to me as well..

a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Thank you for your reply, appreciate it! I just did a test and installed Firefox, there are no issues when using Firefox. The issue is persistent in Safari however. I've sent you the details you've asked for!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I didn't get to read your post but I'm not downloading anything either way, I'm on a clean new MBP so I don't think it's spyware or whatever!
edit on Thu Sep 24 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Might just be a glitch in safari, unless you loaded xcode, there is a bad version out there right now that has malware built in. Just the article on that just today. Bahh in any case I am glad you found a solution.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join