It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Nearly a third of Iowa GOP wants to criminalize Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: neo96
I honestly do not know what to say.

There is nothing to say unless one lives in Iowa.

State rights, and all that.

One state can legalize cannibus if they want too, another one can make sharia law a crime.

For those paying attention to just exactly what Sharia law is just might agree.

Honor killings.

Stoning adulterers.

And other medievil practices.

I don't think even the complete "progressives", like in Mass. would go that far. That's ridiculous.

It boils down to state rights.

They either have them or don't.

I didn't agree with what Colorado did, but hey they are their own people.

It's the way it works.

You won't get a single state that would introduce Sharia law is my point. The analogy isn't apt.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

In the world we live in?

Never say never.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Sharia law would never happen, despite what people say the same people that fight Christian law would fight sharia law. Because they see it is one in the same.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Don't be so sure.

www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I already linked something if you read the thread.

Now what did you do yo verify it? Or just look at it and say "oh ya, that must be fact with out question"

I saw your link. But I didn't see anyone prove it was true... It was just a bunch of words with no proof. (sic)

I didn't have to verify the stats in that post. I have been watching it happen and so has the rest of the world. It has happened before, and it is happening now.

I worked with an older man from India for nearly ten years. We used to spar a bit now and then on religion and current events. At one point he was clearly setting up to educate me on islam. He decided against it when he realized how much I already knew and that I wasn't going to buy into any falsehoods. I asked him a very pointed question about islam in regards to religious tolerance of non-Islamic faiths. His response was this: a shrug of his shoulders and the words, "Well, we wont have to worry about that for a while. There aren't that many of us here yet."

You see, he practices ahmediyas, which is an amalgam of hindu and islam in which the hindu religion in India was, "inundated with wave after wave of Islamic hordes" as he put it, and so diluted that in the end ahmediyas resembled islam more than hindu. That is how islam assimilates. It conquers, by inundating with wave after wave of islamic missionary zealots until their numbers are great enough to influence local political/social works.

I don't have to verify the stats in that post. History has already done that repeatedly. Your not being aware of it changes nothing.

You can, and will, believe what you want. I believe history, my own eyes, and common sense.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Sharia law would never happen, despite what people say the same people that fight Christian law would fight sharia law. Because they see it is one in the same.

That is yet another nebulous statement that can be taken a lot of ways. It looks like you are saying that Christian law and sharia law are the same thing, or at the very least that some people believe so. If that is what you are suggesting, you just ticked off a whole lot of Christians...

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
How convenient this is when you ignore that 70% who don't think Islam should be illegal or aren't sure about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: skoalman88
How convenient this is when you ignore that 70% who don't think Islam should be illegal or aren't sure about it.

Er...that's actually just basic math...if 30% support something, that leaves an additional 70% who either oppose it or are not sure...you think the remaining percentage needs to be spelled out, or it's somehow misleading? That 70% remains from 30% isn't common sense?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So anecdotal evidence, gotcha.
My old boss was devout, he said the opposite of everything you said.

You didn't observer everything on that list unless you have been everywhere on it. More like it fits your preconceived notion so you don't care to verify any of it.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Religious law is religious law.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Well when the focus is on that 1/3rd and that small percentage is being touted as some sort of majority, it should be noted that an actual majority, in this case 70%, disagree. If you think the average person would read those articles and think about the 70% because of common sense, you're incorrect.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: skoalman88
a reply to: TheJourney

Well when the focus is on that 1/3rd and that small percentage is being touted as some sort of majority, it should be noted that an actual majority, in this case 70%, disagree. If you think the average person would read those articles and think about the 70% because of common sense, you're incorrect.

If 30% of Americans believed hitler was in the right, they would be a minority, but it would still be a shocking statistic.
edit on 26-9-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

So anecdotal evidence, gotcha.
My old boss was devout, he said the opposite of everything you said.

You didn't observer everything on that list unless you have been everywhere on it. More like it fits your preconceived notion so you don't care to verify any of it.

Wow...you really hit bottom didn't you...lmao

I didn't observe everything on that list unless I have been everywhere on it. Got it.

Have you? Exactly how much have you observed? Is your evidence any less anecdotal than mine supposedly is? What you called an anecdote I called a confession. But you weren't there, so you cant really say...but wait, you did anyway...isn't that typical?

There is a thing called the interwebs and television and radio and newspapers and magazines and people, yes, people who travel and experience and see things and then talk about them to other people. It is called the exchange of information. It means you can learn something without seeing it first hand. Of course, you don't have to though - you just know everything huh. You know who is right, who is wrong, what everyone means, what they 'really' mean, when facts are not facts, when history is to be believed and when it isn't, when the truth is convenient and when it isn't, etc, etc, etc.

If you would try turning your responses around and aiming them at your own 'information' you would find very quickly that you offer nothing more credible than anyone else here. And more importantly, you are far too quick to dismiss anything that doesn't fit your intolerantly narrow perspective. Look at this thread and soooo many others in which you participate. You are so quick to deny and refute anything that doesn't fit your little cookie cutter perspective, all the while claiming experience and first hand knowledge of every single subject concerned. You don't SAY those exact words, buy you are quick to accuse others of not having first hand knowledge, then counter with supposed fact of your own. quid pro quo.

You act like you know everything and your facts are always correct and true as are your interpretations of them. Rest assured, they are not. You offer no more fact here than any of the people you attack. Yet you present your information as absolute. It is anything but. The closer people get to the truth, the more absurd your responses get. And when you finally trap yourself you resort to name calling and denial, then pretend to 'give up' and try to strut away like you won.

You have taught me one very important lesson:

Never play chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good you are, the bird will still sh!t on the board and strut around like it won the game.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
NOTHING good has ever come from Islam. It's an organization fueled by hatred, violence, and death. It is no religion. The true God of heaven rebukes these animals.

You people sicken me. Some of you are so caught up in being "progressive" and politically correct, that you will applaud these people when they're busy murdering your fellow countrymen. Which is exactly what would happen IF we let these people come in to our Cities. All in the name of your hippy liberal ideology. Sing kumbaya while they're sharpening that blood soaked knife for your neck.

I'm not drinking your coolade. I will stand up for my country, family, freedom, and life. So I say:

Kick them out
Send them back

edit on 27-9-2015 by kef33890 because: Forgot a word

edit on 27-9-2015 by kef33890 because: Ok not FEMA camps for that

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
People needs to understand that in order for any religious group that have a define set of laws like Islam, to be known, will have their presence well established with preferences to their laws in the states where they are in majority, no this has nothing to do with American born that has converted to Islam, but for those groups that have migrated to the US from regions in the middle east that are Arabs

Illinois have the biggest concentration if Islam in the US mostly immigrants, is been defined as the Muslim Capital in the US

How does this majority of muslim affects the state is very interesting.

Well people do your research, if calling to prayers 5 times a day by speakers all over some of the towns is not enough to understand what it means to be a none muslim citizen living in some of those cities, in our US of America you all have a lot to learn.

Majority by numbers means that they dominate from politics, religions and ideologies, in the areas that they are established.

While Americans are suppose to have constitutional rights to freedom of religion, well, it seems that doesn't apply free for all when majority rules in certain cities, towns and states.

What to do when you city is controlled by majority Islam with their own ways to rule how you live

Think people, think.

edit on 27-9-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I live near Chicago, about ten minutes away from one of the biggest mosque's in the Midwest. I see these people every day, and its not pleasant.

Some people will not admit or understand what you described until it happens to them. Of course, by the time islam has a major foothold in your neighborhood its far too late to start worrying that maybe you should have done something.

When I say unpleasant, here is an example of what I mean. I was at Costco just a few days ago. I watched a woman in a burka standing near a table covered with plastic containers full of fresh raspberries. My wife and I like those and it was on my list of things to buy that day. This woman was opening up containers one by one, smashing the berries with the front and back of her hand, then closing the container, moving it aside, and grabbing another one. What I assume were her daughters were standing there watching her like it was a class room project or something. Nearby in the meat department the same scene unfolded with the men. The father (I assume) was unrolling a large roll of plastic bags directly into his cart while his sons watched. Those are the bags you are supposed to put individual packages of meat into. He was unrolling an entire roll, probably 500 bags or so, into his cart gesturing to his sons showing them how easy it is to take advantage. I saw a store employee nearby and informed her of the events taking place. She said the store was aware of it but "didn't want any trouble". I went home without my fresh raspberries, and I will not buy them there again. Ever.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I did an over view research of the impact of this majority Islamic groups in Illinois I found out something very interesting.

Just because they are all Arabs or Islam followers they are not united like you may think, the migrant groups live just like they do in the middle east with the same tribal rivalries and hate, statistics shows that is a higher incident of criminality and retaliation within the population and they target business that are from rival groups.

So to think that these people migrate to the US for a better life and because they love Americas laws, is an understatement.

But like you say, unless they hit some people in their own towns and cities, they will never know.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I did an over view research of the impact of this majority Islamic groups in Illinois I found out something very interesting.

Just because they are all Arabs or Islam followers they are not united like you may think, the migrant groups live just like they do in the middle east with the same tribal rivalries and hate, statistics shows that is a higher incident of criminality and retaliation within the population and they target business that are from rival groups.

So to think that these people migrate to the US for a better life and because they love Americas laws, is an understatement.

But like you say, unless they hit some people in their own towns and cities, they will never know.

I agree with you in that their tribal infighting is significant. We see it here all the time. I would add to it though, that the one thing they can all stand behind is their animosity toward the western culture. I think the only force strong enough to distract them from fighting each other is fighting us.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

That is the part that scares me the most, as the population increases, its starts to take over towns cities, then politics and that is when problems are going to be bigger.

But while I can see beyond tomorrow many only can see one day at a time as long as is not close to home.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Islam? You mean ME Muslims, right? I ask because if you live in any area with a moderate population you walk past Muslims every day and don't know it. They are Black and Asian for the most part. Not to mention the European Muslims.

I'd like to know which branch of Islam a fair amount of women in Sarajevo were a part of. You know, the ones that allow women to wear mini skirts and high heels.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join