It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Nearly a third of Iowa GOP wants to criminalize Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
publicpolicypolling.

msnbc

salon

Trump's probably not hurting himself too much with his negativity toward Muslims either- only 49% of Republicans think the religion of Islam should even be legal in the United States with 30% saying it shouldn't be and 21% not sure. Among Trump voters there is almost even division with 38% thinking Islam should be allowed and 36% that it should not.

I honestly do not know what to say.

The hypocrisy is almost overwhelming.

Screaming about religious freedom, while at the same time wanting to make one of the worlds largest religions illegal.

I guess religious freedom only counts for Christians for the Republicans in Iowa. I can only hope that this line of thinking is isolated to Iowa, but I have a feeling its not.

So what do you think? Are these percentages representative of the nations Republications as a whole?

edit on 23-9-2015 by Dreamwatcher because: repeated word

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
islam is not a religion....it's a terrorist group

tere's the start of what to address

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If they want to get rid of Islam why not get rid of Christianity as well? At least that way the pedophile priests will stop using kids for sexual relief.

Are these percentages representative of the nations Republications as a whole?

Thankfully no not all republicans are brain dead morons.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Ya the ignorance of that statement.

People are terrorist and use religion to justify it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Only a third?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

Deny ignorance

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

Hardly surprising!

Furthermore, I do indeed believe that those statistics are reflective of the GOP as a whole.

I estimate that the Tea Party wing of the GOP makes up somewhere around 35% to 50% of their party. Coincidence? I think not.

When you add Trump's supporters to those of Ted Cruz & Huckabee, you're banging on the door of 50% of the party and by & large, that's who your TP voters are currently supporting.

AKA, DeezNuts

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

but the Civilized world has long ago deemed Islam/Sharia Law as being fundamentally a religion so the group cannot be defined as Criminals--- only personal actions can be defined or recognized as Criminal behavior...

Islam was designed and has evolved into mind control program which looks at individuals as 'soldiers' some will always remain Privates who only peel potatoes, others will rise to be Sergeants who lead or give orders to the lesser NCOs...

Islam is a structured Ideology of social/political/militaristic/economic paradigm for acceptable behavior it is not a self-development program in the spiritual sense....
the people are soldiers for the Priestly class in charge (the clerics & Imams held in esteem by the hierarchy in charge at the time)

of course the moderates (the very rarified minority of 2%) will disagree.... which is the precise reason WHY they are allowed to continue living for the outsider non-Muslim world to rationalize that even the Jihadist radicals are somewhat just & tolerant with their treatment of peaceful Muslims in their midst...

the talk radio shows are abuzz with this recently realized view of Islam, brought about by the GOP Presidential Candidate who avows that Islam & the Constitution are incompatible --- (just as a member here on ATS stated before the MSM picked up the news blurb from that Black Man candidate

it has taken almost 8 years for the sheeple masses to wake from their slumber huh
edit on rd30144306337523562015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

side issue....

AKA, DeezNuts

that name is used by a competitor in my Fantasy Football League, that player is 2-0 & in the League lead...? co-inci-dink ?
edit on rd30144306376023022015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

so, all we need is enough wacky christians blowing thinigs up, or well, the gov't blaming it on wacky christians, and we can jail all the christians??
then maybe we can go after the jews.

really, for a bunch of people who are so worried about your religious freedoms, you sure do like opening the door for the gov't to take them away!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

(the very rarified minority of 2%)

Are you saying all but 2% are not moderates?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Of course criminalizing a religion is ridiculous and against the very essence of what this country is supposed to be about but you have to understand this...

And listen up closely

I’m in a Muslim community right after 911 and I know certain things many don’t know such as the US actually criminalized a religion in Japan after WWII not to mention they interned Japanese Americans.

A lot of the brothers after 911 were talking a lot of crap and I had to at that time and still have to do today to a much slighter degree have to be the sober one and tell them fools that if these jihadist get too crazy they will call down hell on the Muslims in the West such as what happened to the Japanese or worst.

All this talk about America deserved 911 and stuff I had to fight against such an attitude and lost a lot of friends…but so what the truth is Muslims have to understand that the West is very capable of criminalizing at least radical Islam in America.

Muslims should at all times be the first to denounce these lunatics in Islam who do this jihadist lunacy and be the most vociferous in it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

on the talk radio around 8PM... the fact that up in NYC a rally for moderate Muslims was conveined and 25 individuals showed up

but, in the Muslim rallies to rail against the West ---or even Arab Spring - groups of 800,000 show up to shout 'Death to America' and then commence to flood the community where crimes are committed by the riotous mass of humanity

the ratio seems very close to 2% who are rational & level headed enough to talk & exchange thought with... without a butcher knife along with a hooded mask suddenly appearing on the scene

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Gotcha, so since talk radio said it, must be true huh?

You think 1568000000 people are radical terrorist, based on one parade in NYC and some rallies in, well you didn't say where.

Makes sense.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

That’s just not remotely true.

You’re just dealing with stereo types

Sure the moderates should speak out and they are in droves it’s just not publicized

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

How can you criminalize radical thought?

Actions they would take are already illegal, so the only thing we could outlaw is the thought.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Willtell

How can you criminalize radical thought?

Actions they would take are already illegal, so the only thing we could outlaw is the thought.

Not really interested in the thought police personally.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Islam is far from a religion. It is a political movement masquarading as religion to produce a means to an end. The difference between Islam and all other supposed religions, of which I am a member, is that Islam demands the destruction or subservience of all those who do not comply. There is no other religion on earth that operates j dee the same dynamics. The last political organization that did was Nazi. They are fundamentally one and the same. Submit or die. I have a solution.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheridan91s

Strange how every muslim I have ever known hasn't presented me with that ultimatum.

Maybe I fool them with my blue eyes and blond hair and they think I might already be one.

How many times have you been told to submit or die?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Sheridan91s

Strange how every muslim I have ever known hasn't presented me with that ultimatum.

Maybe I fool them with my blue eyes and blond hair and they think I might already be one.

How many times have you been told to submit or die?
I didn't say Muslim. I generalized Islam. Which as a "religion" has been attacking this nation before it was founded. I had a dear Muslim friend in college but even he admitted that the caphilate main stream organization wants total submission or death to non compliant folks like me. I was raised s baptist. We we taught to witness and accept the decision. And I suppose I fool them with my blue eyes as well. Maybe if Islamic extremist weren't in the news every week for blowing people up or begeading someone I might feel different. I don't read or hear of militant Christians, Buddhists, etc doing it. Oh. I'm sorry. Those poor misguided terrorist Muslims. Kiss my....

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
No surprise there, what can you expect when you court the religious fanatics as your voting block.
So entertaining though that they don't see the irony of religious nuts wanting to outlaw other religious nuts.

K~

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join