It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

You have Proof that Feminism is the Reason for Homosexuality?

The men that I know, that turned gay because of what their ex-wives did (as a result of Feminism), is proof enough for me. Anyone else can believe what they want.

Bahahahaha. Okay...........

What about those of us who have never had a wife? Or like me who have never slept with a woman?

I'm 42 BTW, so I'm not some young up and comer who has yet to experience the variety life has to offer.....
edit on 24-9-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Oh,... Ok...well, Get your life than

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

You haven't made the choice to sleep with a Woman yet... or you haven't been around Feminist... or you are just following the Devils Agenda... or you haven't got over your Mental Disorder

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

You haven't made the choice to sleep with a Woman yet... or you haven't been around Feminist... or you are just following the Devils Agenda... or you haven't got over your Mental Disorder

I am beginning to think that the condition known as adulthood is a mental disorder lol...

As for the Devil, gurrl he so old skool and unattractive. Jesus is way cooler and he has super powers!

Those peskie feminists don't like us gays anyways - what with all the agreeing we do with them, it kinda takes the wind out of their arguments

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It also needs to e understood that people form meanings together. Meaning-making is a social process that has a very statistical quality to it: the more people believe something, the more likely you are to believe it as well.

Meaning-making is also very individual. Every one feels the need to make coherent, sensible and secure, their present state of mind. Notice I say feel. To know something in an immediate, intuitive way (such as knowing one had a certain type of experience) does not necessarily mean the other part of the brain which speaks in language, and definitive, digital sequences, has to agree with it.

Dissociation is rampant in our society because of the interplay of market economics, consumerist psychology, and the pre-existing "modules" dedicated to dealing with the normal evolutionary limits (which is 150 people) that human beings have historically evolved within.

The mass media strengthens this dissociative behavior by highlighting and privileging "ideal" features - body shape, clothing, cars, and other things - which self-organize into 'basins of attraction'. The very association of a certain style of clothing with social status binds the two together in the mind of the individual actor, inclining him to 'join the chorus', and become one like everyone else. Implied in this behavior is a basic self-deception: they do not want to 'watch themselves' as they attempt to be 'a part' of the group. Whether the group joined is superficial, or criminal, is something usually recognized only after a person has come to their senses; till then, it is serving a psychodynamic purpose: to keep anxiety, shame and other negative feelings at bay.

If some insists that homosexuality is innate and essential, they have to somehow reconcile this claim with the claims of others who insist that they can consciously regulate their arousal state.

Neurologically, all the evidence supports the "bi-sexual" or global-sexuality hypothesis. The orbitofrontal cortex, - the part of brain behind our eyes - has connections that go all the way to the vagus nerve. This, of course, makes perfect phenomenological sense: the vagus nerve is a core part of the autonomic nervous system. That sense we have of being able to consciously breathe whenever we become aware of a desire to do so, is made possible by the direct connectivity between the forebrain and the very ancient (yet adapted) vagus nerve.

If you can control you breath and heart rate, you can essentially control the flow of conscious experience. There's just one more thing, though: you need to understand the arbitrary and defensive nature of our general orientation to the world. We are animals just like other animals: we are built around the core sensorimotor process of approach and withdrawal. All human social activity is built around this basic, biological principle found throughout the animal kingdom.

It's when we try to abstract ourselves from the natural world and natural processes that we struggle to find a coherent explanation of ourselves (or else come up with a narcissistic, self-serving philosophy). Thus, when we see our selves and our mental processes as emergent and consistent with earlier evolutionary processes that we begin to see how obviously defensive human thinking is.

In terms of brain dynamics, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'defensive' threat signal (processed in the amygdala) determines the object-relational take (in the anterior cingulate cortex) that gives us a certain feeling about an upcoming interaction (processed by the insula). Throughout these processes, of course, are the 5 "arousal" systems of the brain (dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, actylcholine, and histamine) with their associated frequencies; and of course, at root, is the vagus nerve, which directly ennervates the amygdala, thus the two 'working together', the outside, immediate environment, understood in terms of 'threat-salience', and the internal, homeostatic environment, processed by the brain-stem and vagus nerve.

I guess my point is, people will likely dissociate the meaning if it is dissonant with their experience. This is because "their experience" is the above, evolutionarily designed need to "make coherent" experience, and thus find some cultural or essential meaning about what ever it is that is bothering them (in this case, their sexuality). Its just as the neuroscientist Michael Gazzaniga put it: the left hemisphere, linguistic brain is trying to "interpret" the almost amorphous experience formed in the right hemisphere. The interpreter just knows one thing: find something to make this experience controllable. Anxiety proliferates in a vacuum.
edit on 24-9-2015 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

And Jesus had some Abs Gurrr! maybe Prayer does do a body good!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating
Depends on who or what situation your talking about. Though the illusion of choice is life is just that, an illusion. But that's on a broader spectrum. But what your saying is that because you knew two lesbians who were kind of fluttery on there position on there sexual preference that now all must be like that.

It is general knowledge that a lot of females are more swing both ways, especially when young, and depending on there choices and there options and a bunch of other factors. So ya! Are we to be surprised here? The reason why one was like that with you and decided to be something else with another guy after your relationship was done. Is simple, it was merely a matter of she could with you, and likely she could not with the other guy and already has been on that ride with you, you know time to move on. Simple as that really.

All relationship for the most part are circumstantial. ie meaning, when a circumstance chances so do the people involved in that therein.

But ya! On the male spectrum it is different off course as the culture conditioning and pressures and norms and everything else is different between males and females, and some more so then others, but both on the male spectrum and on the female. There are likely those who choose to be like that for whatever reason, and there are those that didn't, and anything in between.

Generalization while it makes things so much more easier in life and 99,99% of people do it, and this subject being the least of it among all other subjects which are generalized. There are far bigger things which are generalized which none of you will ever even know your doing it, among those this is really a none issue. Which seems to be the way with you all, if its a none issue you all go on about it nonstop, especially here on ATS and other mass media outlets, for the past years I have been on there have never been any actual real issues. And if it actually is a issue, you could hear the crickets chirp in the background.

As such I have wasted enough time with it already, the few minutes it took to read into this thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Yet another LGBT Bash thread? I honestly don't think I can handle it! Why didn't you post in the one that's already 17 pages long?

So what if it's not a choice?

Please point out EXACTLY which part of his post is LBGT bashing?

Your response is exactly what I said in the other thread is typical with you people. The hypocrisy and double standards.
Even the OP pointed out the angry responses, rather then calm logical mature responses.

You are all fools. Fools who've been indoctrinated. And rather then wake up and realize, and break free from your oppressors, you actually get angry when anyone challenges your indoctrination. I think there's a specific name for that, it's an actual syndrome.

It's a D I S C U S S I O N F O R U M.
If you can't handle discussing the issues of todays world, then why are you on a discussion forum?

You know, when I was a kid in the 1990's, we used to be told to ignore the negatives. Ignore things which are annoying us. That sort of thing.

It seems so many people today, young and old, simply cant shut their mouths long enough to ignore something that they don't like or disagree with or is upseting them.
Things that they don't have to subject them selves to reading or viewing or hanging around certain people.
Yet they do.
And when it inevitably pisses them off, they get all angry and upset and throw tantrums, kind of like you've done.
As if they are in the right and the other person is in the wrong.

In other words, you don't like what someone else is saying, but while you have the choice to ignore what they are saying or stop listening, you choose to read/listen/and not ignore what's upseting you or what you don't like, and then you try and tell that person they are wrong and have no right to say what they are saying. Just because YOU don't like it or agree.

Hypocrisy and double standards.

And the sad part is people like you who have been indoctrinated and can't even see that yet, actually think you are in the right and doing something good for humanity.

In reality what you are doing is supporting something which is aimed at destroying humanity and wreaking havoc on it. It already is. But you keep trumpeting crap about it being normal.

I guess in todays world of indoctrinated sheep, everything is upside down and turned on it's head, thus for them it's normal.

They are normal, and those of us who point out they are wrong, are the crazy ones.
Kind of like those who used to tell us that the government is spying on us, who used to tell us about their electronic surveillence, Echelon etc, how all those people were called crazy conspiracy theorists...but have now been vindicated as the truth has come out...
Kind of how those who doubted the panicked claims about man made climate change and the doom and gloom associated with it, how they are now slowly being vindicated as well.

Don't worry, we wont hold it against you when the truth eventually comes out of the closet.
Of course when that happens there may not be much of a world and civilization left, so it might be too late.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I believe there are some who choose to be "gay" for attention, mainly on the female side, but in general homosexuality is not a choice, I think it has something to do with how the baby forms in the womb. One theory suggests too much estrogen or testosterone being present crosses the wires so to speak. I think that's the theory that makes the most sense personally.

I've had a theory that the estrogenic chemicals we've been using en mass since the 80s has contributed to this...if certain plastic chemicals (as we all switched to plastic bottles, cups, plates, bowls, tupperware, etc.) causes increased estrogen in the body, and this causes changes in the fetus, then I can see this contributed to the rise in homosexuality...

That's not saying there's anything wrong or bad with these people, but it is just a theory

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I think you are correct. Just look at how some people describe their sexuality these days, going with any and everything or anyone. It is certainly a choice for these people.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

But people with weight problems very much so have genetic aspects that greatly affect them. I mean you can look and people in prision, one guy eats the three meals and day and is of average weight, when another eats the same exact meals three times a day and is way overweight. Those people that weight 500 pounds could work out every single day of their life and mess up the knees and they will still not be able to lose past a certain point and its cuz of their genetics, they can't go from 500 to 150 even If they worked out everyday they wouldn't get lower then a couple hundred. I also believe that a person has as much of a choice of being gay as a person has the choice of wether or not they wanted to be a murderer when they grew up. Just as gay or straight, people don't choose wether their good or evil, they don't decide to have compulsions in their head they can't control. Their thought choose and control them, they don't choose or control their thoughts or things that happen in their head
edit on 25-9-2015 by Telepathy3 because: Edit

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telepathy3

But people with weight problems very much so have genetic aspects that greatly affect them. I mean you can look and people in prision, one guy eats the three meals and day and is of average weight, when another eats the same exact meals three times a day and is way overweight. Those people that weight 500 pounds could work out every single day of their life and mess up the knees and they will still not be able to lose past a certain point and it cause of the genetics, they can't go from 500 to 150 even If they worked out everyday they wouldn't get lower then a couple hundred. I also believe that a person has as much of a choice of being gay as a person has the choice of wether or not they wanted to be a murderer when they grew up. Just as gay or straight, people don't choose wether their good or evil, they don't decide to have compulsions in their head they can't control

...especially, and also, the 'compulsion' to argue its intricacies...this 'obsession' with other peoples' sexuality is not a coincidental condition...

Å99

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: brew8537

How tho.. Peoples choice in wether they want to be gay or not is as much of a choice as the choice of someone saying their going to be a killer when they grow up. People don't have a say in deciding their wants and compulsions, their mind controls them they don't control their mind

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

How tho.. Peoples choice in wether they want to be gay or not is as much of a choice as the choice of someone saying their going to be a killer when they grow up. People don't have a say in deciding their wants and compulsions, their mind controls them they don't control their mind

Please don't go there LOL. It's as bad as people comparing homosexuality to infanticide, predatory behaviors and rape in the animal kingdom.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I don't really care one way or the other but my two questions to those who favor the nature side is why are homosexuals abused at much higher rates than straight people, especially as children and especially being sexual in nature. I think homosexuals are sexually abused like 6 times more than people who identify as being straight. Are they being abused because they are gay or does the traumatic event have an impact on their sexuality? Second question is whether or not you would agree that if homosexuality was genetic would you consider it an abnormality since it doesn't serve any purpose in biological/evolutionary terms since they can't reproduce, and that evolution would have or will eventually weed out any homosexual gene if one is present? Just curious as to people's thoughts.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I've never understood when it became fashionable to spout off about one's sexuality anyway. When I first started work, I was never asked on application forms what sex I enjoyed! Now everyone wants to know everyone's business and people have started flaunting their sexual preferences advertising them and whilst I totally agree no-one in this day and age should be discriminated against for any reason, why is it necessary to announce your sexuality? Surely this is a private thing or perhaps I'm just too old. I don't agree with having to state my sexual preference on official forms or job applications. If people kept their sex lives to themselves, how would anyone know you were gay if you didn't go around telling everyone? Yes ok some are clearly gay but even so reminding everyone about it isn't necessary just as I wouldn't go to work Monday morning and tell everyone what great sex I had with my partner at the week-end! I dunno...I just don't think its necessary anymore you'd have to have been living in a cave in Afghanistan not to know of or understand that yeah there are gay people big wow it doesn't affect you or me in anyway whatsoever

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It would be nice if science could prove that homosexuality is either a choice or genetic. The way things are right now is that we only have empirical evidence available. If it is a choice then people should be free to make that choice if that is what they want. If it is genetic then science should be able to find a cure that could help people that chose to change their sexual preference.

If it is a choice, or if there is an external (possibly curable) reason for being gay...we will never hear about it. Hell, it may already be known but we wouldn't hear about it. I'm not bashing anyone here but stating a related concern. Even if it were proven beyond a doubt that a virus (just an example) caused homosexuallity, TPTB would simply allow it to continue simply because it would create too much of an uproar from the gay community. From my experience, the LGBT community doesn't like facts and is way too emotional about who and what they claim to be. They would NEVER accept a reason for their "condition" and would fight it just like they will fight someone stating the fact that after a "sex change" they physically remain the same sex. They fight that fact tooth-and-nail also. So we will never know if or when a reason is discovered...or we will simply be told a lie.
edit on 9/25/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I choose to be gay ...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ........................................................................nope didn't work .

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
I`m a heterosexual male.

That's all I read to know that your opinion is just that - your opinion, and a very ill-informed one at that.

I don't care how many straw polls you covertly carried out amongst your "lesbian friends" - by your own admission your only experience of homosexuality is through third parties, so you can think whatever you like, but millions of people around the world who EXPERIENCE homosexual feelings themselves are TELLING YOU, that it is something they have felt for as long as they can remember, that they felt different even before they knew what to call it, and that it is in no way whatsoever a choice.

The only choice we have is if we live our lives openly with honesty and pride, or we hide it so that ignorant people feel a little better about themselves.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
It's obvious that being gay is not a choice. People who go from male to female, back and forth are obviously bi ( attracted to both sexes)

If is a bit of an insult to say its a choice. So all these gay people living in anti gay country's chose to be gay so they can be beaten, tortured and killed ?

My brother and sister are gay, and alot of people on my mums side of the family. I believe it's genetic.

But you will always get people who think they know best, and nothing will sway their belief. Just the way it is

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join