It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most homosexuality is a choice

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OnionHead
I often wonder what it would be like to have enough free time on my hands to worry about others sexual orientation.

It's not the 'free time' that's a worry - it's the obsession over it all...spending time focusing on other peoples 'supposed' conditions, while ignoring their own compulsive attention away from their own 'condition'...

Å99

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

If you aren't guilty of something, why all the effort to convince the rest of the world that being Gay is normal and good?

A better question would be why all the effort to convince the rest of the world that being gay is abnormal and bad?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's not a problem, bloody hell.

There's lot's of weird things what people do to pleasure themselves. I remember reading a list of things a loooong time ago. I was in a chatroom on Yahoo...remember them? Like 10 years ago, and someone posted a link to strange sexual habbits and fetishes and we kept posting bits of it in the room.

I've no hope of finding it, it was so long ago, but it was funny.

Some of the things were the usual, having sex with fruit, vegetables...some ultimately more disgusting, jar of worms, anyone?

Apparently sailors...not all, but some - used to take a jar of worms with them when they were away for long periods overseas. No women on board...navy and what have you. A man can produce enough protein to keep the worms alive for a long time....think of that.

I'd rather be mates with a guy who likes mens dangly bits than a guy who likes a jar full of dangly earth worms, it don't bear thinking about but once you know that stuff you can't unknow it, it's forever there - it's your memory now as well as mine, don't all thank me at once.

The point is pleasure is pleasure and it's gotten in different ways for different folks. I for one cannot stand ears but I'd a girlfriend once who likes hers being sort of nibbled...and it was horrible and I felt like a ruddy bloody idiot trying to do it, my heart wasn't in it.

I hate ears, all whirly and curly like that - they're disgusting things. Ear lickers are far more repugnant to me than homosexuals...a homosexual who likes ears is just as bad as a heterosexual that likes ears.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

I hate ears, all whirly and curly like that - they're disgusting things. Ear lickers are far more repugnant to me than homosexuals...a homosexual who likes ears is just as bad as a heterosexual that likes ears.

I don't like ears either. Can't say I hate them, just don't do anything for me.

Don't like anyone messing with mine.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

We are defending ourselves from all the people trying to convince the world that being GLBTQ+ is "Abnormal" and "Wrong" and a "Mental Disorder"

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here's a great example - this lad, here

There's a documentary that he was in, he lives with a synthetic sex doll, not only that he advocates such a lifestyle and is extremely open about it.

Is this genetic? If it is it's damned weird, no? Still, I admire him in a way, he doesn't give a damn who says what and ain't not that many people really going out of their way to attack him.

He's living his own, personal version of the dream and more power to him I say. So what, he seems happy enough - he has more than 1 doll, he sits and has meals with them! He says he loves them, they get jealous of one another.

Essentially, he has created his very own sexuality - synthesexuality!

this guy is a pioneer, not that I've got one of these things. It's an elaborate length to go to just to get your kicks. But who cares, he's harming nobody.

He's happy, and they'll probably never ask him to touch their ears.

Other such things - that woman who married a rollercoaster, I remember reading that...funny quotes like, ug..."she rides him every day" and "she left her prvious partner, a locomotive" and stuff like that. It's totally true, too, see? < I kniow it's the mirror but there are plenty of other sources, first one I found. There's a video on YouTube about it too, I'm sure.

Or that lad what married his pillow...he even drew a face on it. Again, a quick search will turn up loads of sources and videos.

There's other, worse stuff. Some people have sex with animals! It's true I tell you!

So...thought I ain't ever been with a bloke I still think there are worse things. And I don't often think about or speak out against those other, worser things. Then I think about how they treat these folks in other places, jamaica, africa...the ISIS goons will chuck you off a building then stone you as you lie there dead or dying.

And I think...well it's the worst and most obvious, in-your-face type of persecution and control...we don't like it therefore you don't do it...and I think it's a bad road to go down, and not too many steps away. You don't need to like it...just realise there are most like things what you do that others' probably don't like...even things you assume to be normal, innocent and harmless to yourself and others.

And be thankful nobody is persecuting you, marry a tree and live happily ever after.

Los endos!
edit on 24-9-2015 by HeathenJessie because: Messed up that link there so I did, the second one. It's fixed now, so it is.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Caring about other people's sexual preferences is the choice.
edit on 24-9-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

That guy is just a little bit creepy. I've seen a video on the same subject and the thing is they are still basically heterosexual. The doll is a representation of a female, is it not? The guys in the video are the types who want to marry a supermodel or just can't find a girlfriend.

At the end of the day, while it creeps me out, better they have an inert sex doll than become some twisted sexual stalker / murderer.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Heh, yes I agree he is a bit creepy but I think he's found a more healthy outlet for his preferences, that's a good point indeed.

I think part of the issue with him being so creepy to us is that he's doing someone so un-natural and he's crafted this kind of image of himself, I think he sees himself as some sort of playboy hunk...sort of like Peter Stringfellow only less fortunate, because let's face it...Stringfellow's got nothing much about him other than his fortune.

Hadn't he the breaks in life that he had in life, Peter Stringfellow would be this guy.

They were mild and rare examples but there are more sever examples that are probably more common, animals and stuff like that. People have been doing this sort of stuff for years but it's ignored, almost completely.

There are folks doing things we probably can't even conceive on our own, you'd need to see it for yourself to believe it could even be done. Could be the couple next door who seem so nice. I think in this current day and age with all the really terrible things going on we've got more to stress over than who's getting it on with who.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think people are just horny.

Most likely...just look at prison sex...they do not even suggest they are gay or even bi, so the act is mostly choice the inner sexual alignment is not really a choice, and I would expect it is more biological in nature than anything else.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: markosity1973
To the detractors; If you believe being gay is a choice, would you choose it? Why? What if we're telling the truth and had no choice?

Well that depends on the country. The US? Who the hell would(WTHW). That also goes for many ME nations. Most of Europe and Canada and it's cool though.

And that is part of my point. It becomes more apparent that where your life becomes endangered what a stupid 'choice' being gay would be. Gay people don't have a death wish any more that straight people do.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Awesome post, Skylfoating...

But I would also like to point out the scientific basis of this accurate phenomenological understanding of human experience in the "sexual domain".

I say accurate, and made it bold, because it amazes me how so few people can translate imminent, embodied experience (what they actually feel in any activity) into meaningful, linguistic content - as you've so eloquently done.

This is what the society that we have currently inculcates: dissociation. Inability or difficulty to represent in language what is actually experienced. Thought flows along the contours of cliches, simplified, repetitive "memes" that human beings are biased to phenomenologically 'flock' towards.

When you spend time reading, thinking, observing, and analyzing, it's not just a 'thing we do'. The the very activity builds connections in the brain that are neurologically more complex, and overtime, actually "thicken" in dendrites, synapses, myelination and even neurons (as in the hippocampus i.e. ones ability to hold many different contents in mind at once). Self-awareness deepens more than your understanding of self: it makes you a paleoanthropologist - you have an insight into the formations of the nervous system "from within" - which gives meaning to the challenges in our ancestral past, for example, 300,000 years ago our brains increased in size from 600 cc of homo erectus to 1,100 cc's of homo heidelbergensis. What processes in behavioral evolution led to this massive increase in brain-mind hardware/software?

Having sexual feelings is really just a subset of the more general category of "having feelings". Any type of attraction to the world that we feel, such as excitement, anxiety, interest, of various intensities and qualities, are treated by our brain by the same subcortical areas (hypothalamus, nucleus accumbens). Phenomenologically, anxiety and sexuality seem oddly "mixed" together. When something, for example, is deemed 'wrong' or 'taboo' by my brain (held by areas in the temporal lobe which process threat, object relations, and memory) when I reflect on it, and put myself 'deeply' into the "content" of the thought, I seem to end up with an odd pleasure in it.

This is not just me. This is basically human. Human sexuality is really just a "module" conserved from earlier organisms that serves the same evolutionary purpose: to increase progeny. The human brain has conserved this function, but because human sociality is so complex, it is not really biased in any 'firm way (perhaps, a slight bias towards heterosexuality, since the meaning-making systems of human society tend to 'build up from concrete embodied realities, where men and woman are physiologically and, more controversially, emotionally different) but is an emotion that relates to the 'narratives' and 'vitality forms' of our lived experiences. This means that sexuality can be directed effectively to any object, so long as the mind is curious, open and exploratory towards possible the experiences that ensue.

So do people have choice? If you cultivate self-awareness, and in particular, are able to manage anxiety, and increase orbitofrontal regulation of subcortical, and, more importantly, vagal regions of the brain, you can regulate core experience (emotional flows) by regulating bodily, "vitality forms". This can be done via afferents in the heart and chest region, which basically register the embodied feelings we have of feeling calm and relaxed, or you can work more directly on the breath, in either case, the mind is directly regulating the sinoatrial node of the heart, and thus, blood flow throughout the brain and body.

In the logic of evolution, older parts of the brain, are deeper parts of the brain. Thus, the earliest organisms only needed to regulate their direct life processes. When sociality evolved, the 'limbic system' evolved ATOP the brainstem. When primates evolved, an even more complex system evolved to deal with symbolic and musical forms of communication - the cortex and frontal lobes.

So, the simple fact is this: yes, homosexuality is a choice. HOWEVER, it is only a choice if the person is aware of their capacity to directly influence their own experience.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

I think everyone should just become bi-sexuals and have at it. There would then be equality in that arena. I personally think Feminists are the major reason for homosexuality. They broke up the men and women, women are divorcing men because it assures them a financially secure future without the him, have a child and pull in two paychecks (considering that women have been able to work for generations now). They parade the streets blaming every problem a woman can have, on men. Put out advertisements to get women to think that 1 in every 2 men are going to rape them etc. So yeah, a few men that I know got sick of women after all of this, and they turned gay, because it was the next best option. They just accept that they're gay now, and try to live happy.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Science has already proven that it is natural in the human world & the rest of the animal world.
There is only one time when homosexuality is a choice, and that is if the person is bisexual and has the choice between a male or female and chooses male. They are still attracted to both sexes though.
However if you are right and what you say is true that "homosexuality is a choice", then heterosexuality is also a choice.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

You don't just "Become" though, you are Born GLBTQ+.. and besides Feminist are not the reason for Homosexuality

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster

Science has already proven that it is natural in the human world & the rest of the animal world.
There is only one time when homosexuality is a choice, and that is if the person is bisexual and has the choice between a male or female and chooses male. They are still attracted to both sexes though.
However if you are right and what you say is true that "homosexuality is a choice", then heterosexuality is also a choice.

The whole idea of "consenting adults" is that two people "choose" to be with each other. If its not a choice then there is no consent, is there?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

You don't just "Become" though, you are Born GLBTQ+.. and besides Feminist are not the reason for Homosexuality

I don't guess you read the part where I said I KNOW several guy friends that this actually played out with. They chose, and they admitted it. Please allow me to reiterate; Feminists may not cause ALL homosexuality...but they contribute to a large majority of it. You will not not change my mind on this one. I have first hand proof.
edit on 24-9-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You have Proof that Feminism is the Reason for Homosexuality?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

You have Proof that Feminism is the Reason for Homosexuality?

The men that I know, that turned gay because of what their ex-wives did (as a result of Feminism), is proof enough for me. Anyone else can believe what they want.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
For those who say it can't be a choice... why not?

Yes, alot of people who prefer the same sex are that way because of natural circumstance and or the influences they've had in their life. A boy raised by a bunch of straight woman may have a higher chance of being gay than a man raised by a bunch of straight men.

But there are many ways where you can also choose if you want to be gay or not.

Heck, let's say you've been straight for 30 years of your life. One day you might get curious about the same sex, especially if you are a teen. Maybe you want to try something else, or you just want to know what the same sex is like. So now you go and experiment. Next thing you know, you end up liking it and guess what, you now prefer men over woman (or vice-versa).

One of the great points the OP made was : "The other reason I think that most homosexuality is a choice is because, as humans, we can subdue, change or manipulate our desires.". This is very true. I myself have manipulated my own desires once (not sexually). Through psychology, hypnosis, changing your thoughts, and fixing yourself to one thing, you can change what you desire and like. If you say that it's not possible, then how does rehab help stop drug addicts from being addicts?

So to say that being gay is not a choice is called being ignorant. It is just as ignorant as saying that it's impossible for life to exist somewhere else in the universe.

Being gay is both a choice, and something that happens via circumstances and events (including being born with the same sex in mind).

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join