It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very recent epiphany, The gay rights movement has a very sinister agenda.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I have asked them and they have told me several times on this website that their goals are not what we would believe them to be.

During the marriage debates I was told several times that a civil union would not be accepted for the reason that this was about payback for yrs of built up anger they have.

They have proclaimed here that they are not seeking equality as a goal but that they are fighting a war against Christian values.

I'm pretty sure that YOU are saying that and not homosexuals.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: GoShredAK

No, I believe Gemwolf is talking about cherry picking beliefs from the OT that suit one's biased agenda, which equals blatant hyppcrisy

Not hypocritical, I find value within the teachings of Jesus and some bits of Buddhism as well, so yeah I'm cherry picking for myself, and keeping what resonates with me, for myself. Nobody else, am not concerned with others beliefs.

I have no agenda, wtf would I be gaining here? Flags and stars I guess, whoop de doo! Along with a compromised rep here on my favorite website.

I cherry pick, kind of have too if you dont sunscribe to it all. my beliefs fluctuate, I'm aware the bible could be some ellaborate man made collaboration. it's a process. One bit of certainty is that I will never let go of Christ. Why? Because hes my bro, that's simple and works just fine. May not work for others and that's awesome.
edit on 23-9-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

This is a lie.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

It is clear they try to battle God while claiming A lack of proof.

Not all gay people are atheists, not even most. Many gay people believe in God, just because their view of God is not the same as yours that does not mean that they are atheists or seek to "battle God".

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

I think the agenda the OP is speaking of is that early sustained exposure that children suffer.

Explicit sexual content aside - I agree kids shouldn't be seeing that. Don't you think that if kids are exposed to normal relationships and normal people - i.e. heterosexual and homosexual - that they could more readily accept their own and other people's sexuality...? With the suicide rate amongst of LGBT teens being 30%-40% don't you think it's time that kids also learn that it's fine to be homosexual? These kids are killing themselves not because they are gay (different), but because of their parents, their schoolmates and society's inability to accept them for who they are...

Is TV/movies not a valuable tool to tell kids that it's OK to be gay? Or should we hide homosexuality and the suicide statistics from kids and let them fend for themselves?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: GoShredAK

You may want to just start over. This thread may just be a lost cause. I'd suggest spending some time reflecting on the things people have said to you in this thread first though.

No krazyshot, I'd prefer to keep it rolling. Turbulent it may be I see a success.

We can't all be perfect, or cookie cut drones.

There's only one GoShredAK, and this is I, just speaking my mind. I appreciate all who stopped by so far.

I wrote with 100% honesty and it's been an interesting turn out.

I have even found some valuable words within here to broaden my perspective.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Hmm... Well I must congratulate you for owning up to your words, but have you taken into consideration as to why what you said is offensive yet?

I mean telling someone that he is a pawn of Satan because he was born gay is rather mean.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You deserve a star for that post, you are no some obtuse person with narrow-minded view of society, you are learning and I can side with you, you are starting to see the world thru the eyes of your child, a clean world, beautiful, full of imagination and innocence, you want the world to be like that for your child.

You are expressing your concerns and have the right to do so.

The beginning of the thread was a bit too strong for some and I see why you are getting a bit of opposition.

As long as you take what you believe and weight it down and don't take what your religious leaders say and cherry pick as face value you be fine.

This thread is just fine.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Ok, you have lost my respect buddy, I think you have an unkind nature, and have been absolutely wrong several times already, at first I didn't care, but now you are a joke.

nyone, cuz satan is using them to make me think gay things, and here is my wife to prove that i don't think gay things. Type

So if I'm correct, you are insinuating I had my wife post to prove something that never even crossed my mind. I'm secure dude. Are you? Holy cow.

My Wife had a conversation with her sister in law today about this new fully pc world our kids must grow up in, as she was filling me in on the convo the subject of GMOs and DNA manipulation came up. It was at that moment that I had my "epiphany and started threading.

She jumped in cause I didn't present the idea the way she had imagined. Helping me out, giving me a hard time, and backing me up, a damn good woman.

So once again you are majorly wrong about me. It's humorous at this point, however I won't enertain you any longer unless you can bring more value, less off base insults.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You deserve a star for that post, you are no some obtuse person with narrow-minded view of society, you are learning and I can side with you, you are starting to see the world thru the eyes of your child, a clean world, beautiful, full of imagination and innocence, you want the world to be like that for your child.

You are expressing your concerns and have the right to do so.

The beginning of the thread was a bit too strong for some and I see why you are getting a bit of opposition.

As long as you take what you believe and weight it down and don't take what your religious leaders say and cherry pick as face value you be fine.

This thread is just fine.

Thanks I appreciate the kind words, I did come on too strong and in hindsight would have taken much more time authoring this. Generating animosity is not fun to me.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

It is clear they try to battle God while claiming A lack of proof.

Not all gay people are atheists, not even most. Many gay people believe in God, just because their view of God is not the same as yours that does not mean that they are atheists or seek to "battle God".

You imply things not found in my comments.

Facts are facts

The battle rages on with or without your acknowledgment.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

This is a lie.

False it was in the threads last year and by a highly charged current member that was never checked for her comments that equality would not be enough because it is about payback.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wickedjr89
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Yeah that's very true. But even showing people the facts some don't listen. They only see or hear what they want to, which can make it very frustrating. Or most of the time they bring religion into it and say we're going to hell and need to repent of our evil ways. They ignore that there is actually science behind many trans people now with intersex being a real thing. The people murdered or abused just for being anything other than straight. People being fired, legally, just for being gay. The "corrective" rape that people get subjected to. I'd imagine that is still illegal though people do it. The gay conversion therapy bs (that I think is now illegal in some places).

Just always being told your going to hell, are evil, are hurting children (when it's shown that there are many happy, straight even, kids of same-sex parents that are perfectly cared for and loved) and just plain not listened to even when presenting sources to facts...it gets tiring.

Trust me, I understand. Ironically, many of those same arguments were made against my people right here in America. Racial integration was banned by law, as were interracial marriages. They used the same bs arguments from perverted or cherry picked scriptures, fearmongering, and flat out lies to justify their bigotry then, too. They especially argued that the Mark of Cain & Curse of Ham were "proof" of our wickedness & God-mandated status as their eternal servants. People speak kindly of MLK now, but at the time, many people in the South thought he was evil (as did the FBI).

The reason I'm telling you to keep pushing the truth is because that approach always works over time. Just look at the tremendous strides LGBT communities have made just in the last 30 years. And as time passes and the paranoid fear mongering never comes to fruition, your wins will only accelerate. Fear & ignorance are their most powerful weapons, and only knowledge can defeat ignorance.

But you can't give up. Otherwise, they'll win.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

This is a lie.

False it was in the threads last year and by a highly charged current member that was never checked for her comments that equality would not be enough because it is about payback.

Even IF what you are saying is the truth and you aren't misremembering what was said or taking words said out of context, one person's words aren't indicative of the motives of the entire group. And making that correlation is intellectually dishonest.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I can dig up several comments that fit the description.

Thread after thread reveal this to be true.

Many of you have been used because of your good nature and willingness to believe that you all fight for the same reasons.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Again. One person's words (that I'm almost positive you are taking out of context but whatever) aren't indicative of the motives of the entire group. Especially words that may have been said with emotions behind them after a long and heated argument with you.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf

Is TV/movies not a valuable tool to tell kids that it's OK to be gay? Or should we hide homosexuality and the suicide statistics from kids and let them fend for themselves?

Yes, of course it is. I don't believe people should hide who they are. On the other hand we may have a media that pushes the idea that not only is it cool to be gay, it's preferable. That's the influence media has in shaping young minds. It's certainly not neutral content they put out. Show me any new prime time tv show that says it's ok to be Christian. You won't find one but nearly every show has a gay character now.

What I see is people raising hell about tolerance and equal rights at the same time attacking others for their religious preference (so long as it's Christians - it's verboten to criticize Jews and un-pc to criticize Muslims). No double standard there, eh?

To be clear I was once very much on the other side of this issue 30 years ago. It wasn't popular to support gay rights or criticize the church back then. How times have changed and so have I. I see the value in the legacy left by certain institutions like the church as well as the faults. It's those who only want to see one side of any issue that need more time to see a larger view of life and history.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I knew a Christian person once who said that if her son turned out to be gay, she would kill him. She said she would rather see him dead than be gay. Therefore, all Christians would kill their gay children. Right?

One person does not mean "they".

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

So you are saying that your thread really has nothing to do with the movement for equality for gay people?

Your OP is very confusing and contradictory. Just some friendly advice: next time, try writing it out on a piece of paper. Leave it for a few days, then go back and re-read it to see if you can improve or clarify it.

Just to clarify a few points:

- gay people as a group do not have a sinister agenda
- there have been gay people around since... forever, therefore GMOs causing gayness is a bit of a stretch
- there is nothing wrong or evil about a homosexual orientation, anymore than a heterosexual orientation
- if you worship Christ, go to a church, and follow what a preacher says (x/y chromosome nonsense) - you are indeed religious.

I refuse to be labelled religous, I'll just remain stubborn there.

To explain GMOs further, I think what they may cause is early development in children, which for obvious reasons seems wrong.

The technology of genetic manipulation I was speaking hypothetically, trying to contemplate what playing with our DNA would cause.

Again, I don't think gay people are evil, I think they are safe. There are worse evils.

But do we draw a line? Are crazy orgies all good, will cheating in a marriage become acceptable, will the age of concent be lowered again? I'm pretty sure it's a retarded 16 here. No sexual act is immoral?

The bible says these are the worst sins, if from God those laws are there to protect us. If written by man, what were they trying to accomplish?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I knew a Christian person once who said that if her son turned out to be gay, she would kill him. She said she would rather see him dead than be gay. Therefore, all Christians would kill their gay children. Right?

One person does not mean "they".

if that person posted such on this site multiple times and no one checked them for it then we would all passively be in support of such.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join