It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very recent epiphany, The gay rights movement has a very sinister agenda.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: GoShredAK

Perpetuating the ignorant stereotype of the "gay agenda" I see... And you have the audacity to say you aren't homophobic...

Gosh darn it I am not homophobic, I must have represented myself as such by mistake. I can give two $h!ts about gayness. This is the last I'll even mention it, and of everyone prefers I'll change my thread title.

I lost train of thought and worded my OP poorly as a result.

I was more curious about genetic manipulation, and what the world will be like for our kids, plus other NWO conspiracy stuff.

I've only now become regretful and am kind of bummed I have upset so many.......apologies for what they are worth everybody .
edit on 23-9-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I was under the impression they were doing just fine and had been for awhile. No more a target than any other person, in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The above is a map delineating the US states where an LGBTQ person can be fired, refused housing, medical service, kicked out of private business, etc, simply for who they, who they love and/or for identifying as LGBTQ. There are also no anti-bullying laws to protect these people in these states, either.

link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

I think this thread is necessary. I think any opportunity to discuss the issues surrounding topics like these, is welcome, because it allows everyone with any interest in, or ability to engage with the topic, to learn, to expand their understanding of matters. With better understanding, comes increasing peace. Without it, only increasing conflict.

I say let the discussion continue, and may its participants engage with the subject matter with open eyes and minds, rather than with closed hearts, knitted brows, and the shackles of hypocrisy about their wrists.

link   

You may want to just start over. This thread may just be a lost cause. I'd suggest spending some time reflecting on the things people have said to you in this thread first though.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is the first time I've ever generated so much anger towards me in my life, it's kind of interesting, and trips me out, I value new experiences good or bad, and I don't particularly enjoy this. I gay bashed unintentionally somehow.

Once I iron this out I'll wander back off to where I belong .

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
I really think this is a horrible thread and it should be moved tote religious forums.

Its okay to discuss things like this. In fact I encourage it because the only way people will ever change their attitudes towards us gay folk is by talking with us and those who are not afraid of us.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

How could you possibly reconcile believing in jesus, and satan, and somehow not being religious? This would take some olympic class mental gymnastics. About the same level as having a "really cool" gay friend, and somehow being a huge homophobe, while claiming to not be a homophobe. Wow. You are very confused.

You might not realise, but you seem like a religious bigot. You should really check yourself. At least the gay people i know, admit to what they are. Please don't take a job that requires you to carry a gun or save peoples lives until you fix these terrible character flaws you possess.

We have several people on this board who fit that description. Not a religious bone in their body as far as organization goes. People of faith, yes. Nothing gymnastics like to it. Not taking marching orders from anywhere.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Please mods feel free to move, delete, change, whatever you must.

No hate here.

I've run out of time to edit the OP otherwise I was gonna rethink the title and maybe a few things.

I'm not backing down, the backlash is entertaining in a mean kind of way, I just honestly feel bad, and kinda silly.
edit on 23-9-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

How many times do you have to tell us you can shoot well with guns? and for what reason? it has nothing to do with your OP.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

How many times do you have to tell us you can shoot well with guns? and for what reason? it has nothing to do with your OP.

Because three different people expressed how horrid the idea of someone the likes of me handling a gun or being in a position to help another.

I was defending myself, otherwise It would not have come up

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I wish I was born bi sexual tbh.
Would double my chances in kopping off once and a while

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Or maybe they just want to be treated as equal people? You know, have equal hospital visitation rights, equal inheritance rights, equal rights during divorces, be able to get their significant others on their insurance plans, etc

In Australia they already have all those rights and more, so why are they pushing it so hard here? There must be another reason.

Why not ask Australia members of the LGBT community what their goals are? I can't speak for them. I'm sure even a quick google search for "lgbt rights Australia" will lead you to some groups, activists, and the such that can give you better answers to their needs.

In other words, stop assuming the worst and that there may be a hidden "sinister agenda". Talking directly to your "opponents" is the best way to get past any misunderstandings. That's the great thing about "dialogue". Many times, we'll realize we share more in common with others than we previously thought. And other times, we realize our supposed "opponents" have been misled about our actual positions (and vice versa).

That's the whole point in "divide & rule"; to keep the citizens fighting each other over exaggerated or insignificant differences.

edit on 23-9-2015 by enlightenedservant because: grr grammar, spelling and other missteps. i should really stop typing so fast

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Maybe not intellectually gifted or some passionate convincing debater. What I have is roguh upbringing, strong work ethic and am ready to stand my ground when I must.
I read this as "i may not know things but i am stronger than you and i will shoot you if you disagree with me. "

Maybe i'm just trying to be funny but it really does seem like you are living up to the stereotypical "son of a warden, family of a state trooper type, who also wants be some type of official who gets to wear a uniform and maybe get a firearm and some kind of authority, cuz i believe in jesus, but i'm not religious, and i like gays but don't tell anyone, cuz satan is using them to make me think gay things, and here is my wife to prove that i don't think gay things. Type".

Are you gay? I just had an epiphany!!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

ISIS seem to have an active agenda against gay people... And if I were going to call something "sinister" or "the work of Satan", I would begin there

I would agree, and they are creeping ever closer, it's all part of the grand plan. I suspect everything being discussed here ties into this somehow, even the forbidden subject I dare not speak of with an alternative opinion for fear of death by angry mob........

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Back peddaling now that we have figured out your agenda?

Honestly, i'm glad that you are rethinking your position. It is funny to see how easily a little poking fun can set folks on a better path. We all have ideas that need to be challenged.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaShredAK

I have a young son and when something on the tv pops up and hes around I get a little anxious. I never saw homosexuality on tv, in commercials , movies ... My parents never explained it to me either. I was exposed in late middle school and was able to form my own belief and opinion.

Homosexuality has been portrayed by Hollywood (or rather movies and TV) from early times. There were drag roles as early as 1914 (A Florida Enchantment). There's The Children's Hour a stage play focusing on lesbians - even though it was illegal to even reference homosexuality in those days. To name a random few.

Admittedly during the 1940-1960's where there was a lot of censorship and propaganda homosexual people were usually portrayed as villains and generally evil people. Yet, they were in the movies/TV. After the Stonewall riots things changed dramatically, and Hollywood brought movies such as That Certain Summer, A Very Natural Thing and The Boys in the Band. The first gay couple in a TV series was on Hot l Baltimore - 1975. There were countless gay characters from the 70's to 80's - most playing comedic stereotypical roles.

The first kiss by a gay couple was in 1991 in an episode of L.A. Law. In 1994 the first TV ad showing a gay couple appeared (Ikea) .

The iconic Will & Grace started in 1998, ran for 8 years and collected 16 Emmys over that time. Frankly from the 90's things got much better and gay characters were pretty common. A quick Google search will show just how many there were.

So, homosexuality on TV, ads, movies are nothing new. There are more TV shows on than ever before (and also more crap), so yes, you will see more homosexuality on TV, as you would see more black and white couples, more blue cars, more violence, more incest (Give a wave to MR George R. R. Martin), more sex, more product placement, more nuclear families, more zombies.

Hollywood is all about money and to sell their shows they will do anything. Once we get used to something, and we stop watching that, they need to come up with something else... Luckily that's why they also invented parental control...

All that being said - take it from me: Your kid won't turn gay because of watching The Birdcage or The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Your kid is either already homosexual or not. No amount of Dora the Explorer is going to change that. It will however help the kid understand that homosexuality is normal, and hopefully the next generation won't even consider gays any different, just like we don't think it's funny to see black people ride the bus with us...
edit on 23/9/2015 by Gemwolf because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

As a gay Australian, I'll tell you.

We don't have equal divorce rights, because we cannot marry. We do have equal property rights as defacto couples though, which is something.

Our beef is simple - we want to marry so that our life options are truly equal. I've been with my partner for 9 1/2 years now but there is nothing I can do to formalise my relationship. We are literally stuck in defacto land.

We were raised to believe marriage is the ultimate display of love and commitment, but as soon as one is gay, that option gets wrenched away from you here in OZ at the moment.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Wow so you can't get married in AUS? I thought they would have passed it by now.
Is it looking good or?.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Maybe not intellectually gifted or some passionate convincing debater. What I have is roguh upbringing, strong work ethic and am ready to stand my ground when I must.
I read this as "i may not know things but i am stronger than you and i will shoot you if you disagree with me. "

Maybe i'm just trying to be funny but it really does seem like you are living up to the stereotypical "son of a warden, family of a state trooper type, who also wants be some type of official who gets to wear a uniform and maybe get a firearm and some kind of authority, cuz i believe in jesus, but i'm not religious, and i like gays but don't tell anyone, cuz satan is using them to make me think gay things, and here is my wife to prove that i don't think gay things. Type".

Are you gay? I just had an epiphany!!

No power trip here, you have that backwards. I would never shoot anybody unless they barged into my house and were a threat to my loved ones. Even then if given the right positioning and time to think I would rather not kill.

I only want those jobs so I can bring a better paycheck home to my family, and establish some sort of retirement.

I said earlier I don't think I'd make good law enforcement because I'd be unwilling to play ball in exchange for advancement. However I'd like to give it a shot and see how that really works for myself.

I save flies woodcarver, I have an eccentric empathy for people and mother nature.

I get very irritated with people on a power trip, my posts my not reflect this, but you have me pegged completely opposite from reality.

Also id like to see if I'm truly loosing it. Can you direct me anywhere in this thread, or anything I've ever written for that matter, where I've tried to force any belief on another. I don't like that done to me I don't do it to others. If I have I was foolish, and in the wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

We have had gay characters on British tv for ages very stereotypical but we have had them.
Here is my fave Mr humphries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join