It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Ask Obama To Prosecute Global Warming Skeptics.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: jimmyx

This is pointless. Some people are so anti-science they'll get in bed with Big Oil.

I'm not anti science, I'm anti idiocy.

It is a fact higher co2 and more stable climate go hand and hand, as well as greater abundance of life.

There is no evidence that more co2 is bad but models and your group fear.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
...And let the new Inquisition begin...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

No comment.

It is a fact higher co2 and more stable climate go hand and hand, as well as greater abundance of life.

Correct; it means that water will inundate coastal cities and jungles overgrow farmland.

No-one is saying carbon dioxide is bad, they are saying it is a greenhouse gas (which is true), that the greenhouse effect can cause rising temperatures (which is true), and that if global temperatures rise too much it will have an adverse effect on the planet's human population. Of course, if you don't like humans or human civilization, that's your prerogative, but you have no right to stop the people who are trying to preserve them.

edit on 19-9-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

link   
Double post.

link   
Triple post.

link   

ATTENTION!

All right everyone: time to calm down, step back and take a deep breath.

There are many subjects here on ATS that can lead to heated debates. This is fine, and is a fact of life here.

However, we still expect everyone to debate in a civilized manner, stay on topic and not talk about each other.

Posting about each other is considered Off Topic. Any further posts like that will be removed.

Any more posts that are not in a civilized debate will be removed.

If the behavior does not stop, post bans will be handed out.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Do not reply to this post.
edit on 9/19/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

A star for that post

If only so you know you're not alone

The U.S., especially for it's size is a massive polluter, poisoner of air and water and food and one of the worst when it comes to waste.

And we're really dragging our feet...

Do yourself a favor and bail on this thread

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here...

:-)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Like I said...

I would have preferred a civil conversation

If you're angry, or insulted, I suggest you go back and read through my posts. They weren't written in anger - or with arrogance

When I say your opinion doesn't matter - that's not personal

It doesn't matter

This has become bigger than all of us

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: yuppa

some say it was A conspiracy website called Above top secret...oth

Ironic that was since what our 'jobs' are to debunk real world 'truth's'.

How anyone is defending it on here is just dumbfounding.

True. And measuring global warming by Ocean temp is really really stupid due to its in accuracy correct?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

A star for that post

If only so you know you're not alone

The U.S., especially for it's size is a massive polluter, poisoner of air and water and food and one of the worst when it comes to waste.

And we're really dragging our feet...

Do yourself a favor and bail on this thread

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here...

So basically discount 50 years of green legislation, and 50 years of the EPA.

Oh yeah we really 'dragged' our feet didn't we.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo
a reply to: neo96

A problem in the thought processes of these 'deniers' would normally be of little impact to the general populace. This situation is a bit more extreme.
You know (?), mass extinction including potential complete destruction of the Earth's carrying capacity as a consequence of their stupidity delaying implementation of 'cures'.
So we have people in the theater saying there is NO fire while the flames are poised to kill us ALL.

Somebody could get excited about these people screaming that their opinion is valid while others toes are getting crisped. They are willfully ignorant. They have little support (none that is cohesive) in facts or professional acceptance.

They are idiots who perhaps should not be made criminals but they do need to be pilloried and not praised. So, knock it off. Defending the right of morons to speak about a topic that they are ill suited to speak about is tantamount to confessing to being a fellow traveler on the short bus.

This I hope this will be the last time that defending the dumb's privileges for NO DISCERNIBLE reason will occur here. I can hope but I do not expect it to vanish because these folks do NOT want to believe otherwise.
I think they are afraid and they retreat to fantasies like religion and prophecy when you learn that our grandkids are going to die in a wasteland. It is that grim. It is why we MUST react and do it NOW.

You have to understand you are talking like a Luddite. You are too limited to have opinions worth a darn. Just shut up and let the adults work unmolested by your tattered imagined reality. A lot of us don't want to die even if you oppositional dolts think your god is going to step in and save the righteous.

There is no evidence higher co2 is bad!!!

There are hundreds of millions of years of evidence it is good though!!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just the FACTS:

AIr Pollution Act of 1955.

Clean Air Act in 1963.

The EPA in 1970.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

For over the last half century the US government has been in charge of 'protecting' the environment.

And the global warming crowd keeps shouting the end is nigh knowing full well measures have been taken.

Something seriously WRONG with that picture.
edit on 19-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: M5xaz

You are the one suggesting those who lie should be thrown in jail.
Guess that does not apply to your idol obama no matter what damage he does

Yeah smart guy except he's not my idol. Next time know who it is your talking to.

I'm also not saying throw people in jail for lying either. But I do think in some situations that false reporting should be a crime.

The fact that we just let anyone deceive the populace without any recourse is pretty stupid. People can and do get killed because of false reporting and lying and they should be held accountable.

"know who I'm talking to" ??
OK
I'll bite
Who are you that is so self important?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: gentledissident

So then you DO think it's ridiculous to jail people on the basis of disagreeing with global warming alarmists.... ok
I'm just trying to show you that the lilliputian world being promoted by environmentalists and green energy extremists is not a very practical one. Agenda 21 seeks to reduce our worlds to minimalist proportions with very little amenities. Are you really prepared for that kind of world?

That is only for us regular folks, he and his buddies still get modern western life, because they deserve it.....

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Climate Change is real but AGW is a scam being pushed by those that want to tax us into the Stone Age. What a load of unadulterated Shyte.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

No comment.

Correct; it means that water will inundate coastal cities and jungles overgrow farmland.

No-one is saying carbon dioxide is bad, they are saying it is a greenhouse gas (which is true), that the greenhouse effect can cause rising temperatures (which is true), and that if global temperatures rise too much it will have an adverse effect on the planet's human population. Of course, if you don't like humans or human civilization, that's your prerogative, but you have no right to stop the people who are trying to preserve them.

If farmland is kept up, by what nefarious "green doom" fantasist process will it get overrun by jungle, exactly ?
edit on 19-9-2015 by M5xaz because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Call the prosecutor, I just disagreed with AHEad presented facts counter to it.

No worries!

Us 'flat earthers' are already designing our sanctuary cities.

I'm working on my own right now, my new girl is into " the life "....

Glad I met her!!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: gentledissident

So then you DO think it's ridiculous to jail people on the basis of disagreeing with global warming alarmists.... ok
I'm just trying to show you that the lilliputian world being promoted by environmentalists and green energy extremists is not a very practical one. Agenda 21 seeks to reduce our worlds to minimalist proportions with very little amenities. Are you really prepared for that kind of world?

That is only for us regular folks, he and his buddies still get modern western life, because they deserve it.....

I gotta go, but I need to point out that once again I'm being villainized. This is far from the 1st time, but it's still weird.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

This thread is a very good example of how we are not rushing to involve ourselves in this situation as far as the rest of the world is concerned. People here won't even acknowledge the problem - except as it relates to their belief in a giant conspiracy to rob them blind and put them in chains

Well - all of that just might happen. Sorry - can't Pollyanna this one into something better than it is

Do you think we're just talking about air pollution? This is all beyond what the EPA was ever intended to do - not that they can't or won't play a role in all this

The climate is changing neo

I can't make it any simpler for you than that

If you don't believe that mankind is causing this change - OK - I can't make you believe what you won't

If you think that there's a hidden agenda to get your money - and that all of science is in on it - can't help you there either

We're just going to have to disagree

But, I'll tell you what. The very worst of it could be avoided if we all came together, sacrificed, struggled, supported each other - that's what it would take. Innovation - new ways of thinking and producing - a new way of life

It would take a world working together towards a common goal

That is what I'm hoping for - and what I'm willing to fight for

I am delusional probably and lacking the ability to reason - clearly. Still - this is where I'm at now

edit on 9/19/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: yuppa

some say it was A conspiracy website called Above top secret...oth

Ironic that was since what our 'jobs' are to debunk real world 'truth's'.

How anyone is defending it on here is just dumbfounding.

True. And measuring global warming by Ocean temp is really really stupid due to its in accuracy correct?

RSS data (satellite data) is the most accurate and consistent metric and....it shows NO warming for over 15 years, despite rising CO2...
....Ooopss...

Send all aerospace engineers to jail, right ?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join