It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Ask Obama To Prosecute Global Warming Skeptics.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

If you think that there's a hidden agenda to get your money - and that all of science is in on it - can't help you there either

That was rather obvious with the AL Gores, and Soros' with their carbon 'credits'.

It truly is all about the money.

Who wants it. Who works for it. Who scams for it, and who wants to spread it around.

Global warming is just another means to an end .

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: neo96

This thread is a very good example of how we are not rushing to involve ourselves in this situation as far as the rest of the world is concerned. People here won't even acknowledge the problem - except as it relates to their belief in a giant conspiracy to rob them blind and put them in chains

Well - all of that just might happen. Sorry - can't Pollyanna this one into something better than it is

Do you think we're just talking about air pollution? This is all beyond what the EPA was ever intended to do - not that they can't or won't play a role in all this

The climate is changing neo

I can't make it any simpler for you than that

If you don't believe that mankind is causing this change - OK - I can't make you believe what you won't

If you think that there's a hidden agenda to get your money - and that all of science is in on it - can't help you there either

We're just going to have to disagree

But, I'll tell you what. The very worst of it could be avoided if we all came together, sacrificed, struggled, supported each other - that's what it would take. Innovation - new ways of thinking and producing - a new way of life

It would take a world working together towards a common goal

That is what I'm hoping for - and what I'm willing to fight for

I am deluded beyond all reason - no doubt. Still - this is where I'm at now

:-)

No Don Quixote
The Earth is NOT warming
Satellites don't lie

Stop tilting at windmills...you are not in a "fight to save the world"....stop the BS despite your need to feel important...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

I'm going to change my request

There's no need - you don't have the facts - if you did we wouldn't be having this conversation

So - this is where we're at

A difference of opinion - and some insults

edit on 9/19/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

The Earth is NOT warming

Got any facts to back that up?

Let's see them

Sorry Global Warming Alarmists, The Earth Is Cooling

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The Myth of the Climate Change '97%'

The only places where that high a percentage of people agree about anything is like in No Ko, and Iran.

Here in the 'enlightened' west we are lucky to see little over half agree about ANYTHING.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You have an old article - one - from 2012 - from Forbes - and previously in this thread you actually brought us some information from The Heartland Institute?

Global Warming: News, Facts, Causes & Effects

Confronting the Realities of Climate Change

National Resources Defence Council

Climate Change Get Involved | Learn More | Media Climate change is the greatest environmental threat of our time, responsible for rising sea levels, raging storms, searing heat, ferocious fires, severe drought, and punishing floods. It threatens our health, communities, economy, and national security. In the United States, power plants represent the single-largest source of carbon pollution, spewing 2 billion tons into the air each year. In response, President Obama's Environmental Protection Agency has developed the Clean Power Plan, which sets the first national limits on carbon pollution from power plants and provides states with the flexibility to meet them. The plan represents the most important step the United States can take right now to combat climate change and help spur climate action around the globe. It will help America build a cleaner, healthier environment for future generations while ensuring an ongoing supply of reliable, affordable energy for economic growth.

Latest in Global Warming

Learn More About Climate Change

That's without even trying

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
www.climatedepot.com...

Flat RSS temperatures for 18 years and counting....
...and that was easily found, without trying.....

edit on 19-9-2015 by M5xaz because: typo

edit on 19-9-2015 by M5xaz because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Four separate studies have now demolished the myth of a global warming ‘pause’

Oh how resilient myths can be, even in the face of facts. This past week saw the publication of the third strong refutation of the myth that global warming had somehow stopped a decade or two ago. You would think that with 2014 the hottest year on record and 2015 almost certain to exceed that, and 2016 to potentially set yet another heat record, people would use common sense to conclude that global warming continues. You’d also think with ocean heating breaking records (as discussed here) and loss of ice around the world, any lingering doubts would be put to rest. But alas, for some reason, even more proof is needed.

The authors continue the paper by reciting how the “pause” gained such traction in the general public and such interest among scientists. They also found that the intense investigation on the “pause” has, as the put it, ultimately reaffirmed the overall reliability of climate models for projecting temperature trends. However, by accepting the framing of a recent fluctuation as a ‘pause’ or ‘hiatus’, that research has, ironically and unwittingly, entrenched the notion of a ‘pause’ in the literature as well as in the public’s mind.

Without even trying

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

And ?

Remember now for the last half century the US government has been in control of the environment.

So the what's the issue?
edit on 19-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It truly is all about the money.

Correct. The consensus among economists is that the fastest way to decrease the use of petroleum (and thus lower the carbon footprint among other things) is to end the subsidies to the petroleum industry. Here's what you are fighting for neo96:

www.theguardian.com...

It's not about raising taxes, it's about using taxpayer money for things that actually benefit the taxpayers, like education, which Heartland also opposes.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Dear Spira, while I much appreciate and admire your desire to protect humans against themselves and protect the little animals and plants of earth, I have to disagree on some things. For one, you can cite all the guardian papers and Scientific American all you want, but those papers do not a consensus make.

The UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change misled the press and public into believing that thousands of scientists backed its claims on manmade global warming, according to Mike Hulme, a prominent climate scientist and IPCC insider. The actual number of scientists who backed that claim was “only a few dozen experts,” he states in a paper for Progress in Physical Geography, co-authored with student Martin Mahony.
“Claims such as ‘2,500 of the world’s leading scientists have reached a consensus that human activities are having a significant influence on the climate’ are disingenuous,” the paper states unambiguously, adding that they rendered “the IPCC vulnerable to outside criticism.”

www.prisonplanet.com...

It's pretty interesting when IPCC insiders expose the Delphi techniques of the UN and it's progressive friends in the media.
Oh by the way, one of your sources the Natural Resources Defense Council was exactly one of the organizations I just posted as one of George Soros' funded operations.....just so you know...
edit on 19-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Thanks for posting that link to the Heartland climate change conference. I plan to check in on those later tonight.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: johnwick

I'm not anti science, I'm anti idiocy.

No comment.

It is a fact higher co2 and more stable climate go hand and hand, as well as greater abundance of life.

Correct; it means that water will inundate coastal cities and jungles overgrow farmland.

There is no evidence that more co2 is bad but models and your group fear.

No-one is saying carbon dioxide is bad, they are saying it is a greenhouse gas (which is true), that the greenhouse effect can cause rising temperatures (which is true), and that if global temperatures rise too much it will have an adverse effect on the planet's human population. Of course, if you don't like humans or human civilization, that's your prerogative, but you have no right to stop the people who are trying to preserve them.

Um... There is plenty of farm land, and jungles will regrow farmlands.... That is what you guys are always complaining about right, farmlands taking over jungles???

And longer growing seasons....

With bigger faster growing crops.....

The only negative is rising sea level....

Dry you are a hypster coastal city type....

Doesn't mean I have to revert to living like an animal to appease you....

Your beliefs are no better informed by science or more important than mine.

You just believe in the political religion that told you them.

I don't have a religion or political party

I'm as unbiased as it gets

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

And ?

Remember now for the last half century the US have been in control of the environment.

So the what's the issue?

Your question shows you don't really understand the problem neo. Your one link is to an opinion piece in Forbes magazine written by somebody that works for the Heartland Institute. The same people that told you smoking was OK. That's not science

The climate is changing. Why? You think the USA has been in control of the environment? What does that even mean?

How many threads have there been about this here at ATS? This argument isn't going to be any different from those that have come before. So far as the content of this thread goes - even if we have that same old argument - it's not going to be the quality of arguing I've seen in some other threads

The climate is changing. Some people are trying to figure out why - and the reasons they've come up with have got some people trying to protect their assets

Your thread is based on an article that wants to make it sound as if deniers are being persecuted for their thinking. Actual scientists asking for an investigation. They think the public is being knowingly deceived. They can ask - and they might just get an investigation

No harm in that - is there?

You yourself said the science is never settled. Why are you and others like yourself trying to shut scientists up - and shut the science down?

Let's have it all out in the open

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident

Agenda 21 is a nice idea,

It's really only nice on the surface... because on the surface you have all these neat little buzzwords that make it sound ever so pretty.... sustainable development, stakeholders, public/private partnerships, consensus, quality of life, best management practices, vison, affordable housing, common good, etc. www.hcn.org... or-to-spot-agenda-21-in-action
Underneath it is Totalitarian means of control and a plan from top to bottom and bottom to top, using local communities to bring it into fruition...

"...current lifestyles and consumption patterns of the affluent middle class - involving high meat intake use of fossil fuels, appliances, home and work-place air-conditioning, and suburban housing - are not sustainable. A shift is necessary. which will require a vast strengthening of the multilateral system, including the United Nations..." [1] Maurice Strong , opening speech at the 1992 UN Conference on Environment and Development
Agenda 21, the UN blueprint for global transformation, sounds good to many well meaning people. Drafted for the purpose of creating "sustainable societies", it has been welcomed by nations around the world. Political, cultural, and media leaders have embraced its alluring visions of social justice and a healthy planet. They hide the lies behind its doomsday scenarios and fraudulent science. Relatively few consider the contrary facts and colossal costs.

After all, what could be wrong with preserving resources for the next generation? Why not limit consumption and reduce energy use? Why not abolish poverty and establish a global welfare system to train parents, monitor intolerance, and meet all our needs? Why not save the planet by trading cars for bikes, an open market for "self-sustaining communities," and single dwellings for dense "human settlements" (located on transit lines) where everyone would dialogue, share common ground, and be equal?

The answer is simple. Marxist economics has never worked

www.crossroad.to...

Honestly it's being done on a rather stealth level
Note the class warfare reference to the "affluent middle class"... nothing about the billionaires like Soros and Buffet... it's the middle class who are the target. The ones with families in big homes in the burbs....
edit on 19-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I understand it just perfectly.

The US government already controls the environment.

The US government already has the power of taxation, and regulation.

But apparently there is some 'huge' problem they need to 'fix' . Thus expanding their power even further.

I get it just FINE.
edit on 19-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This denial -- reminds me of fierce groups who claimed "cigarette smoking does not cause lung disease!", a decade or so ago.( There's probably a few of those folks still around too.)

Nevertheless, restaurants and other busy locales were made 'no smoking' areas, to mitigate damage to the general public.

I read somewhere recently that only about 3% of people are denying the climate is changing for the worse, due to the heavy use of fossil fuels, so that's a rather insignificant number. Obviously, eventual corrective actions will be taken despite those who don't believe *cigarette smoking causes lung cancer*. ; )

And in the meantime, the bay in Miami is rising alarmingly:

while being located at the frontlines of sea-level rise has presented Miami-Dade with these daunting challenges, the leadership and action being taken by local officials, governments, universities, and organizations have laid a foundation of planning, policy, and awareness that can be built upon to help

www.wri.org...

Common sense will prevail in due time.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

"know who I'm talking to" ??
OK
I'll bite
Who are you that is so self important?

No I'm not important. I meant if you knew me better you'd know I'm not a big fan of Obama. So calling me an Obama fan doesn't make any sense.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

make it sound as if deniers are being persecuted for their thinking.

umm isn't that what prosecuting and jailing someone for their belief is?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

umm isn't that what prosecuting and jailing someone for their belief is?

That isn't what this is about. This is about paying people to falsify data and make fake reports in an organized effort to deceive people for profit. Basically it's Racketeering and Fraud.

They say they can prove that these scientists were paid to make false reports for the people that were paying them so those people could avoid regulation or whatever and make more money.

new topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join