It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Ask Obama To Prosecute Global Warming Skeptics.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

Never heard of the first amendment ?

Or a guy named Voltarie

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire

www.brainyquote.com...

And the downward spiral in to despotism continues.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well now I've lost all respect for so called "global warming" scientists.

IMO, if they feel the need to eliminate any skepticism, especially
by such extreme measures as making free speech against the law,
that already tell me they are the ones doing the deceiving.

Even Evolutionists haven't gone that far.

Just my two cents

Rebel 5

edit on 19-9-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Apparently those twenty 'scientists' think people are just too dumb to make up their own minds.

And they are absolutely right!
You don't leave public school knowing how to think for yourself, efficiently, critically!
You are spewn forth knowing how to accept the words of authority, and to do as you are told, when you are told!
At what point does the 'common man' learn such an esoteric skill as 'thinking for himself'? *__-

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident

I really do wish there were 2 different planets, so the greed beyond caring group could live on one and compassionate communalists could live on the other. That would be a fun experiment.

Nice little rant guy, but do you realize the conditions you would be living in if you and all your fellow environmentalists would have your way? Pepare to live without products made from fossil fuels

Most people associate petroleum with transportation — but we are surrounded by thousands of other everyday products that come from this vital natural resource. A typical 42- gallon barrel of crude oil yields about 20 gallons of gasoline and 4 gallons of jet fuel. What products come from the other 18 gallons?

•Plastics
•Ink
•Paint
•Shoe Polish
•Nylons
•Roof shingles
•Novelty Candy
•Cosmetics
•Candles
•Vaseline
•Bug Killer
•Ammonia
•Tires
•Asphalt
•Crayons
•Paper cups
•Wax paper

www.earthsciweek.org...
I know you won't be needing the bug killer as your mud hut won't have any spiders or mice or scorpions or other interesting critters. Indians make awesome little cups and bowls and plates out of leaves Im sure your life will be fun learning to do that. They are also biodegradable. Maybe you could force the women and children to make them for you at knifepoint, oh wait no steel because industrialized world is evil....

edit on 19-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think climate change is a natural phenomena, look at the Ice Age for proof, but I would argue that we humans have helped to speed up the process by the way we live. There are lots of things that could contribute to the acceleration of this process, from deforestation to pollution to atmospheric reduction, etc. There's no doubt in my mind that humans have pushed the process forward so many years with our industrialization and way of life.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
I know you won't be needing the bug killer as your mud hut won't have any spiders or mice or scorpions or other interesting critters. Indians make awesome little cups and bowls and plates out of leaves Im sure your life will be fun learning to do that. They are also biodegradable. Maybe you could force the women and children to make them for you at knifepoint, oh wait no steel because industrialized world is evil....

I don't use bug killer.

I'm a sculptor and am good at the pottery wheel.

As for forcing women to make things at knife point, that's something I wouldn't have thought of, being a compassionate person. Who thought of that?

I understand that I am being villainized.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Mother nature isn't dumping radioactive sludge into the ocean.

I'm afraid you are confusing nuclear energy and it's by products with the burning of fossil fuels as related to global warming. Sorry fail in logical debate.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

So then you DO think it's ridiculous to jail people on the basis of disagreeing with global warming alarmists.... ok
I'm just trying to show you that the lilliputian world being promoted by environmentalists and green energy extremists is not a very practical one. Agenda 21 seeks to reduce our worlds to minimalist proportions with very little amenities. Are you really prepared for that kind of world?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Oh wow scientists acting like religious zealots ? What a lunatic , goes to show there are extremists in any profession. He would fit right in with the GOP.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

but hey global cooling is all just part of the extremes in climate change humans are causing...
I'm wondering when evolution will call for us to grow more hair on our bodies to adjust to all this stuff we re causing.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: darkbake

I think in their mind, their views are superior because they are scientific

This isn't about ego - but ego is exactly what's preventing us from doing what needs to be done

If one group of people resists because they get their feelings bruised - what can be done about that? Are we supposed to sit around and wait until they feel special and catered to?

This is about certain knowledge - and uncertainty. Nobody can prove anything to anybody 100 percent. It's unreasonable to demand proof if people won't listen to or accept anything that's being given to them - freely

However I don't like their tendency to want to *shush* people with different views than theirs.

This isn't a free speech issue - people are more than free to have opposing opinions. They are not free to put other people in harms way - because of an opinion

Your opinion that the dam is not about to burst shouldn't prevent an evacuation that needs to happen just in case. At a certain point - decisions are going to have to be made for the greater good

The ends justify the means? That is what you just said is it not?

AGW is not a fact.

It runs counter to real world observations.

Co2 was in the thousands for hundreds of millions of years.

Not out of control warming happened.

Their models predict this time barely any more will cause somthing that has never occurred even with thousands of one co2.

AGW theory is not based on known facts, it ignores known facts.

Like our climate has been very unstable since all the co2 was locked up under ground.

I think a few hundred million years of tropical climate sounds much better than a ice age interglacial cycle....

Call the prosecutor, I just disagreed with AHEad presented facts counter to it.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Call the prosecutor, I just disagreed with AHEad presented facts counter to it.

No worries!

Us 'flat earthers' are already designing our sanctuary cities.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
Agenda 21 is a nice idea, but people don't like to be told how to live, and rightly so. I would like us all to voluntarily work together for a better planet using the greenest technology. If we cooperated, sustaining peace and prosperity for all on this planet would be possible.

Epigenetics and culture make it difficult for us to come together. I think the only way we can overcome this is to recognize the processes that form us and control us, so that we may rise above them and look for the best solutions for our species and the rest of the planet.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

a reply to: neo96

Kind of can of worms. If the Totalitarians can prosecute us for dissenting from their fraud environmentalist extremist friends they can throw us in reeducation camps for anything we happen to disagree with.
My my the apple doesn't fall far from the tree these Leninist Stalinist Marxists going to do what the old Soviet Union did and we knew it. I'm absolutely amazed by the totalitarians all around....

Its not marxist. Its maoist. Wait for the cull of the older generation. There are less and less children able to think on their own after 12 years of indoctrination. The parallels to Maos china are all there. This type of story is exactly what they use to get the children to turn on their parents.

Unless we right the ship, expect a bloodbath. That will be the fundamental change we will believe in, or die.

Ironically there are a lot of Marxists out there .... in the Universities...

So there are almost five times as many self-identified liberal radicals on our faculties, and more than three times as many Marxists as there are conservatives. Last I checked, Marxism has been utterly discredited. Yet there are still Marxists everywhere, poisoning the minds of our children. Conservatives, on the other hand, are a rarity.
While there isn’t enough data to address the question, it is safe to assume that no other profession is so tilted. In a society about evenly split between liberals and conservatives, achieving such a bias requires serious effort. It doesn’t happen by accident.

If you want to run conservatives out, you need to discourage dissertations that might reach conservative conclusions. You need to shun young students if their work questions liberal orthodoxy. You need to control the academic journals, rejecting papers submitted by identifiable conservatives.

Political Bias

You need to celebrate work that supports the political bias of Democrats. If your research shows that higher minimum wages are terrific, an endowed chair is yours for the taking. Question whether a higher minimum wage might cause higher unemployment, and find your place on the bread line.
The hacked East Anglia e-mails confirm that exactly this type of conspiracy is in place. They show climate experts plotting how to keep the lid on research that didn’t support the prevailing view on global warming. In one e-mail, Michael Mann of Penn State University proposed boycotting an academic journal because it had published an article that provided evidence contrary to global warming canon.
www.bloomberg.com... Forbes

And apparently all that didn't work so now they want to prosecute and jail anyone who doesn't acquiesce to their demands.

For Marxists and climate alarmists the ends justify the means....the question is are they really seeking the means to control our environment for the better or are they just trying to control the masses in their One World Totalitarian Utopia?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst
I dont remember scientists asking Obama to investigate himself.

Well, maybe you should him then if you think it needs to happen.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I'm afraid you are confusing nuclear energy and it's by products with the burning of fossil fuels as related to global warming. Sorry fail in logical debate.

I was simply pointing out that we humans are causing many of our own problems.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I would like us all to voluntarily work together for a better planet using the greenest technology

yah we should all voluntarily submit to having our world's controlled tracked reduced to the minimal living in apartments and bicycling everywhere and not eating red meat and if that fails just arrest us all.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I was simply pointing out that we humans are causing many of our own problems.

ok but we are not causing hurricanes tornadoes and other natural disasters with co2. We are causing things like EPA flooding rivers...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

yah we should all voluntarily submit to having our world's controlled tracked reduced to the minimal living in apartments and bicycling everywhere and not eating red meat and if that fails just arrest us all.

You have described an environment that is forced and not voluntary. Once again, I would not have thought of that method. Who did?

It appears you have also, again, tried to think of the most restrictive lifestyle to you.

Once again, I am being villainized.

If it means anything to anyone, I just took this test www.politicalcompass.org... . I'm 1 point to the right of the far left, and 1 point down from the halfway point on the Libertarian square. I also feel the choices were a bit confining. I was taking a "How left are you?" test the other day and had to quit because the choices weren't far enough left for me.
edit on 19-9-2015 by gentledissident because: added test result

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
My thoughts are that this is sensational fear mongering. No one will be prosecuted for their beliefs. It just won't happen. As much as people scream and freak out, this is reality not the "Hunger Games".

I honestly think some people watch to many movies.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join