It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Ask Obama To Prosecute Global Warming Skeptics.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

umm isn't that what prosecuting and jailing someone for their belief is?

That isn't what this is about. This is about paying people to falsify data and make fake reports in an organized effort to deceive people for profit. Basically it's Racketeering and Fraud.

They say they can prove that these scientists were paid to make false reports for the people that were paying them so those people could avoid regulation or whatever and make more money.

It isn't? I could have sworn the title of this thread is Scientists Ask Obama To Prosecute Global Warming Skeptics.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It isn't? I could have sworn the title of this thread is Scientists Ask Obama To Prosecute Global Warming Skeptics.

That's just the title. They want him to use the RICO act which is what the RICO act is for. It's usually used for organized crime in order to charge the bosses for the crimes that they tell others to do but don't actually do themselves.

It covers many different things actually. They used it to go after the Tobacco companies a while back too for trying to change the science around cigarettes and make people believe they weren't unhealthy.

16 pages into this topic and you don't even know what the hell you're talking about. You just read the title I guess and start foaming at the mouth. Nice effort in finding out what's going on. Unbelievable!!!
edit on 19-9-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

I read somewhere recently that only about 3% of people are denying the climate is changing for the worse, due to the heavy use of fossil fuels, so that's a rather insignificant number.

And the other 97% are doing all they can to help?

CO2 400 parts per million

not significant.

4000 ppm maybe.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

According to the article RICO is a law designed to take down syndicates like the Mafia......

cmon really man using a racketeering law to get rid of groups of people who disagree with their agenda? Does it matter whether radical Progressives use RICO or any other means they can to destroy their opponents? The effect would be the same.
This from the article

but scientists now want it to be used against scientists, activists and organizations that voice their disagreement with the so-called “consensus” on global warming.

dailycaller.com...
Looks like they are going to go after both individuals and groups

edit on 19-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

According to the article RICO is a law designed to take down syndicates like the Mafia......

cmon really man using a racketeering law to get rid of groups of people who disagree with their agenda? Does it matter whether radical Progressives use RICO or any other means they can to destroy their opponents? The effect would be the same.

Organized fraud is the accusation. The assertion here is that the targets of a RICO investigation are deliberately falsifying materials in the interest of misleading the public to enhance the profit margins of their patrons. Would you oppose the application of RICO to an industry funded group of scientists that pedal fringe reports that it's perfectly acceptable to drink heavily whilst pregnant despite the fact that a mountain of evidence to the contrary looms? Do you also think that slander and libel laws ought to be repealed because they harm the expression of someone's opinion?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

The only negative is rising sea level....

Since most of humanity lives by the sea, this is a major issue.

Dry you are a hypster coastal city type....

Nope. I live in the middle of a craton, but I have compassion for human beings living on the coast. Do you?

Doesn't mean I have to revert to living like an animal to appease you....

Got it. Paying $10 for a gallon of gasoline is living like an animal.

Your beliefs are no better informed by science or more important than mine.

I have a feeling you know that statement is just plain wrong.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It isn't? I
16 pages into this topic and you don't even know what the hell you're talking about. You just read the title I guess and start foaming at the mouth. Nice effort in finding out what's going on. Unbelievable!!!

Scientific dissent is NOT criminal.
Why not ban "inconvenient data" while you are at it.
RSS data does not support the warming hysteria

Dissent is what makes YOU "start foaming at the mouth"
"Unbelievable!!!"
Indeed !!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Without even trying
judithcurry.com...

No amount of sophistry can make the RSS hard data go away.
Hard data
No "adjustments" (or excuses for same) possible

Problem is no warming for believers
edit on 19-9-2015 by M5xaz because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

Yes they are working very hard at taking out their opposition. With their cronies as judges in their kangaroo courts.....

Interestingly it seems to have been a Democratic Senator who took a judge's opinion on cigarettes to heart...

www.weeklystandard.com...

In 2006, Judge Gladys Kessler of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia decided that the tobacco companies’ fraudulent campaign amounted to a racketeering enterprise. According to the court: “Defendants coordinated significant aspects of their public relations, scientific, legal, and marketing activity in furtherance of a shared objective — to . . . maximize industry profits by preserving and expanding the market for cigarettes through a scheme to deceive the public.”

So apparently the Progressives have decided that it is the Climate change skeptics who are using this thing for profit....nice job of projection Progressives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

I read somewhere recently that only about 3% of people are denying the climate is changing for the worse, due to the heavy use of fossil fuels, so that's a rather insignificant number.

And the other 97% are doing all they can to help?

CO2 400 parts per million

not significant.

4000 ppm maybe.

That's like 97% people voted for Assad or Lil Kim over in No. Ko.

How do they not see that blatant falsification of 'data?

I don't get it.
edit on 19-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here's another one.

IF 97% of 'scientists' support the global warming hoax?

Why do they care what that '3%' thinks ?

LOOL.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

This from the article

but scientists now want it to be used against scientists, activists and organizations that voice their disagreement with the so-called “consensus” on global warming.

dailycaller.com...
Looks like they are going to go after both individuals and groups

No really??? I just told you that same thing and now you repeat it back to me as if I'm the one who needs to be told what the RICO act is. You're priceless man. Total comedy.

I don't care what your opinion is on it and I doubt you care what my opinion is either so save it. But that is what is happening here. They are telling Obama to use the RICO act to go after these people. I'm not saying it will or won't work or even whether or not he'll actually do it. But that's what's happening.

I also don't give a damn about what the DailyCaller thinks about it either, that Right Wing Rag of Tucker Carlson's opinion news source.

I read the actual letter from the scientists, learned what the RICO act is for and figured it out by myself.

The fact that you've gone on for 16 pages and two days worth of arguing about it and only now figure out what is going on because I point it out to you is pretty damn sad.

I'm through with this conversation too.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

"Unbelievable!!!"
Indeed !!

Whatever dude. Go learn something and when you have something intelligent to say let me know.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Global warming= the new Mayan prophecy.

People aren't happy unless they are running around with their hair on fire saying,'oh god,oh god, we're all gonna die'. The end is nigh someone please save me!'

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Judith Curry...dot com?

:-)

How many other Judith Currys do you have up your sleeve?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: yuppa

some say it was A conspiracy website called Above top secret...oth

Ironic that was since what our 'jobs' are to debunk real world 'truth's'.

How anyone is defending it on here is just dumbfounding.

True. And measuring global warming by Ocean temp is really really stupid due to its in accuracy correct?

RSS data (satellite data) is the most accurate and consistent metric and....it shows NO warming for over 15 years, despite rising CO2...
....Ooopss...

Send all aerospace engineers to jail, right ?

You obviously dont get i dis believe the climate data right? Well with that data it should be obvious but its not a money maker so they portray us as crackpots.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

"Unbelievable!!!"
Indeed !!

Whatever dude. Go learn something and when you have something intelligent to say let me know.

Projection issues
Good luck

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

WHat was that phrase about building ones house on sand? Miami is learning that th e hard way from natural rising oceans. This happenned to venice as well way before the global warming scare was in fashion.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Yes they are working very hard at taking out their opposition. With their cronies as judges in their kangaroo courts.....

Interestingly it seems to have been a Democratic Senator who took a judge's opinion on cigarettes to heart...

In 2006, Judge Gladys Kessler of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia decided that the tobacco companies’ fraudulent campaign amounted to a racketeering enterprise. According to the court: “Defendants coordinated significant aspects of their public relations, scientific, legal, and marketing activity in furtherance of a shared objective — to . . . maximize industry profits by preserving and expanding the market for cigarettes through a scheme to deceive the public.”

So apparently the Progressives have decided that it is the Climate change skeptics who are using this thing for profit....nice job of projection Progressives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If 97% of astronomers agreed an asteroid would strike the midwestern United States, devastating everything from Denver to Chicago, would you think ill of them for asking that great suspicion be directed toward those who amplify the voices of the 3% until a significant portion of the affected populace refuses to evacuate because they think the asteroid is a liberal conspiracy to evacuate the "flyover states"?

You do realize that the vast majority of climatologists consider AGW to be common sense, and if they're right, adapting now is the difference between life and death for millions of people, right? It's not about persecuting people with different opinions -- it's about prosecuting people who accept money to artificially enhance doubt. If those people are acting in good faith, more power to them. If they are knowingly distorting the data because they're being paid to do so, there ought to be consequences.

I wonder .. what would you think if we just subjected all of the climatologists to such an investigation? If you're deliberately misleading people in a way that harms them, to hell with you regardless of where you stake your claim. Eh?
edit on 19-9-2015 by JohnnyElohim because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2015 by JohnnyElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyElohim

If 97% of astronomers agreed an asteroid would strike the midwestern United States, devastating everything from Denver to Chicago, would you think ill of them for asking that great suspicion be directed toward those who amplify the voices of the 3% until a significant portion of the affected populace refuses to evacuate because they think the asteroid is a liberal conspiracy to evacuate the "flyover states"?

You do realize that the vast majority of climatologists consider AGW to be common sense, and if they're right, adapting now is the difference between life and death for millions of people, right? It's not about persecuting people with different opinions -- it's about persecuting people who accept money to artificially enhance doubt. If those people are acting in good faith, more power to them. If they are knowingly distorting the data because they're being paid to do so, there ought to be consequences.

I wonder .. what would you think if we just subjected all of the climatologists to such an investigation? If you're deliberately misleading people in a way that harms them, to hell with you regardless of where you stake your claim. Eh?

Climatologist jobs depend on them finding something So do you see the possibility of corruption here? Yes all scientist should have to be investigated and given lie detector test just liek the CIA and FBI do. ALso its not liek the Ocean is going to come rolling in like in Deep impact or day after tomrrow. Climate will change slow enough most will be able to get out of the way.

Now to th easteroid. IF there were such a rock heading this way more than scientist would call it out. there are plenty of stargazers to corroborate them. Still always believing a scientist is a sure fire way to get killed.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join