It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis or .....?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Journey1986
when the figures turn the corner of my bed they both stopped for a second and looked down at my feet and all of a sudden both ran away in fear. Even though I couldn't see their faces, body language (or shadow language lol) told me it was fear. In that exact moment something grabbed my leg and I went into something I can only describe as a seizure.

This is why you should keep your feet and toes clean!

Same thing happened to me. The thing followed me in three different rooms when I moved around.

I was only able to control it when I moved to a room of my own and cleaned and disinfected it. I have roommates in my previous rooms and the filth they cause made things a lot worse! Even the AC broke down frequently in every room we moved in.

When I'm finally alone and could keep my room and my feet bacteria free, thngs got under control.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Journey1986

What you saw were jinn, you have evil jinn and you have good jinn that mind their own business and stay within their dimension. Those that become visible in the form of a black figure are almost always jinn of the evil kind. Islam tells us that there are different kind of evil jinn, that have different shapes/forms and powers.

You saw them run away as soon as they were infront of your feet and assumed that they were scared by your guardian angel, wich is what has really happened according to my opinion.

Islam tells us we have an angel on our right and on our left. The right one records our good deeds, the left one records our bad deeds. But islam tells us that we have an guardian angel that protects us in front of us and back of us. The only moment when they withdraw from us is when God has decreed some calamity, accident etc..

So I think that those figures started to run as soon as they were going to hurt/touch you. Your guardian angel was there to protect you.

Tip: Ask God for help the next time you see them, u'll see 'em running the same way you did the last time.

Cheers mate

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I've suffered from sleep paralysis since I was a teenager. About 15 years now. It went away for a couple of years. But it normally follows after the most vivid dreams.

There have been times when I have the most vivid dream like I am actually THERE, but this dream will only last for a few seconds because they are so vivid and real and I am fully aware. But it's like I know I'm not supposed to be there.

Infact the last vivid dream included me being in some strange place, and I walked past a few people. But I thought they couldn't see me. Then this guy says "we see you"...and then I wake up. But it feels like I'm blasted out of the dream and then I enter my body and I take in a deep breathe.

The crazy thing is, is that when I wake up. I can wave my arms around (but they aren't there) (obviously they are by my side but I have the sensation that they are moving), it's the strangest feeling. Sometimes I am just relaxed about it, and just stay there waving my arms around that I cannot see. Since it's pretty cool. Once I tried to touch my girlfriend and felt some electric buzz. But other times it's just scary. It's like I'm not fully in my body, so I just get out of it. It only takes about 3 seconds for me to get out of it.

I've saw a shadowery figure once before over the top of me. I've also felt like I was above my body also.

Sleep paralysis is definetely strange, and I don't know what to make of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

I've had that same experience many times as well. Moving my arms and legs but my physical body stays motionless. I've even tried to sit up only to be forced back down.

Makes me question, do we exist outside of our physical bodies? Or is it all in our minds?

Strange indeed

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I once tried to get up and then was slammed back "into my body". This happened over and over again. I would wake up, get up and then pow, I'm right back in my bed laying down. I don't know if it was some weird dream, or if it was part of paralysis. I almost feel as if I getting out of my body, but never looked down to see my body, so I don't know. And I hate talking about to people who have never experienced it, they look at you as if you are crazy or full of sh**. It can be scary, but after you've had it happen a few times you learn to deal with it. I can remember waking up in the middle of the night as a young child and trying to move or scream for my parents, but couldn't. Now looking back I feel that it was what was happening then.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

That's a terrifying thing to happen. The part about something grabbing your leg reminded me of something and actually got me to join ATS just to comment. There has been multiple instances with five different girl friends I have had over the years where they have woken up and told me they had a horrible dream that something was holding their ankles very tight and hard together, that they were trying to scream but couldn't and it felt very realistic to them. The times this happened to each of them I was in very deep sleeps like I couldn't wake up which is not normal for me; I usually wake up very easily. I did have one experience staying at a friends house where I woke feeling like I been dropped hard into the bed or hit hard somehow and bounced off the bed and when I sat up it was vibrating. I'm also to anyone's thought or opinions about his and I commented because I wanted to know if when you said your leg it was the ankles being held like I described earlier. Also the part about the vibrating rang a bell. Did it feel as if the coils in the mattress were also vibrating if you can recall?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is genetic. I am in my late thirties and had this happen to me more times than I can count. I remember in the late 90's I decided to do some research and found some articles that discussed the topic. One thing the article talked about was a lack of or too much potassium. They labeled it hyperkkp or hypokpp. My experiences with this however have been terrifying and I have had auditory and visual "hulicinations". The things I saw were terrifying. They started in my late teens. It even happened when I went to stay with family in England from California. It began to happen so frequently I didn't think it would stop. In may of 2001 I joined the USMC. I don't know if it was the change in my routine but the episodes subsided while I was bootcamp and I didn't experience one for another 3 yrs. It is a terrifying experience. Apparently it is also a somewhat common side effect of pregnancy. So it may just be a vitamin deficiency. Whatever it is, it can be the stuff that nightmares are truly made out of.
edit on 17-9-2015 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Missing words

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunsport

Hey and welcome. Yes it grabbed my ankles but not both clamped together as you described. It didn't move me or drag me anywhere, it was like once he touched me I started to vibrate. From what I remember it was just me shaking and not the bed, but the shaking was very violent.. And when I woke up I was still shaking..

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sleep Paralysis is NO JOKE AND IT'S NOT A HALLUCINATION. I've been experiencing it for at least 15 years now and have done a ton of research into this phenomenon. Some people notice a presence in the room with them and some don't. One thing I know FOR SURE is there must be a common link that either makes us vulnerable to it (them). I have an end-all escape method that has NEVER failed me. Whether you believe in Christ or not, this WILL work for anyone: There's 3 little words that can be said out loud or thought of in your head. They are VERY powerful and should not be taken for granted. If you have an episode and want it to end instantly, say BLOOD OF CHRIST. That's all it takes for you to instantly regain control of your body and the negative entities run like scared little girls. There's laws even in the spirit world that even the demons have to obey. This proves to me the existence of Christ because I know for a fact that there were demons in my bedroom at night whispering the nastiest and horrific things in my ear, blowing in my face and jumping on my helpless body. This is a game for these pathetic entities and the fear our bodies emit is a drug to them. I can feel when they start coming near me and I instantly say those 3 magical words. They will start coming less frequently the more you say it.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You said this happened around 4 am. Is that a common time for these paralysis episodes to take place for you?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
When I was 20 I lived with housemates when this happened to me. I came out of a sleep in my bedroom all alone. There was a terrifying presence and I couldn't move or scream for help. The house was full of activity from my friends and guests in the other room. I called out in my mind "Lord Jesus, help me". The presence vanished and although extremely shook up, all was normal again and nobody but me was aware of it.
Being married for 38 years I've seldom slept alone but a month ago I was and it happened again. This time I was sleeping on my stomach. Paralyzed, I felt myself and the bed violently shaking. Again I called in my mind, "Lord Jesus, help me", and again it all stopped. Trying to make sense of it, I checked for recorded earthquakes or if anyone else in my household felt anything, nothing.
I don't know what it was or is, but it is subject to the name of the Lord Jesus.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
In my experience this occurs when ones is in the lucid state of conciousness when falling asleep or waking up, which can lead to lucid dreams or astral projection.

This state is just in between the waking and sleeping state and at this short moment you are disconnected with your body and more in tune with your conciousness. If your mind would be tranquil and eyes closed, than you could have an amazing experience, just let go of all the fears for your body (know/be aware that you are just in the bed and everything is OK) and turn of your mind and focus on breath with closed eyes. And while depending of the strength of concentration or will it will take in general just a short moment till this phase passes and the doors will open by itself to another plane of being - astral.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Well said, I think you are onto something. Since I was a child I've had countless times waking up and a black mass is holding me down and paralyzing me. I would fight it off me by pushing and squirming. There was even one time in my early 20's where I saw it in the daylight really clearly, super bizarre.

I agree with the medical explanation but I also think there could be some truth to the encounters and we don't fully understand it yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I've had it every night this week , is it maybe a wave that occurs to people who have it , or is it a high percentage?

Mine went cold for a couple of months but the last 2 weeks VERY STRONG.

I've seen the cloaked figure with no face or hands , arms.

The whooshing sound , the heavy chest , the vibrations, and also had the paranoia when Layed on my chest ,believing someone is outside the room and your waiting for a bang or something , then I've shaken out of it .
But I've only had the flash once .
That happened while going into sp not coming out of it .

I used to be able to induce it but don't try so much now .
Sp is like a scary roller coaster , you 💩 yourself while it's happening but when it's gone you want another go .

Sweet dreams ! Or not !
edit on 18-9-2015 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I've gone through a similar thing before. Here's something that may help explain what is happening.

But what if waking up from sleep was the nightmare? Hypnopompic hallucinations are unusual sensory phenomena experienced just before or during awakening. Their better known mirror image, hypnagogic hallucinations, are vivid and frightening episodes of seeing or hearing or feeling phantom sensations while falling asleep

Both are frequently associated with sleep paralysis, the terrifying condition of being half awake but unable to move. This is because the complete muscle atonia typically experienced during REM sleep has oozed into lighter stages of non-REM sleep.

I have no Idea what atonia is but REM sleep is where the subconscious is at it's most active, and apparently the experience is somewhere between uncommon and rare.

Hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations are usually associated with narcolepsy, but 37% of a representative community sample reported frequent hypnagogic hallucinations, and 12.5% reported hypnopompic hallucinations

The good news is that you are not alone.

edit on 18-9-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
No that's hallucinations!
Not sleep paralysis!
And another !

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue242

Thanks for sharing. A pray to God is effective always, indeed. Those nasty things are so horrible....

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Yeah I want another go, to punch it in the face
)Whoa, my nose started bleeding
) nothing i guess
))
edit on 18-9-2015 by thepowerisinyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don't ever recall the times except for that one episode. There have been times where I would completely wake myself up and most of the time it is still dark or the light is just about to rise past the horizon, so I'm assuming 3-6 am. That's the most common sight but i've also had SP in full day light in the mornings right before I get up.

Reading everyone's experience makes me feel a lot better about mine but also terrified of there's. I'm lucky I only got a scary episode once and the shadow figures didn't reach me. A lot of you have had physical contact with even whispering in the ears. That's a common thing I've been reading.

My personal opinion is this all can't just be in the mind and hallucinations. There are too many common links and experiences. Millions of people are seeing the same thing (and I'm guessing atleast millions more go unreported). what if during this conscious state is the only way you are open and aware to the 'other' side and obviously science can't explain it so it's labeled hallucinations.

And calling out for Jesus apparently works too so that adds a whole New dimension.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Johano
You are right, they are subject to JC. Saying his name in any fearful spiritual situation will get you thru it. I am not a religious fanatic but I know what works and it has never failed me. I wish you the best of luck. You might want to search on YouTube END SLEEP PARALYSIS FOR GOOD. It's a really good informative video.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join