It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis or .....?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I've decided to finally pop my cherry and come out from the bushes after a decade (or longer) long of consistent lurking. So although nobody knows me I feel very much apart of this community and would like to begin with saying "hello everyone"

For my first thread it is only right I take it back and talk about what brought me to this website and ultimately started me on my spiritual journey and/or seek for truth.

Let me start by saying I've been getting sleep paralysis for as long as I can remember. In my early teens I would sometimes get it couple times a week and multiple times a night. This went on untill my late teens and slowed down a lot over the last 4 or 5 years (now 29).

I was never frightened of the experience as it happened so frequently and was always the same thing. I would wake up (or consciously wake up) and not be able to move, speak and breathing was very difficult to the point I thought I would've suffocated myself to death if I stopped trying to breathe. As extreme as that sounds I was always calm and had a routine I did to break free which worked 100 percent of the time.
(close my eyes, inhale and exhale as heavy as I can, wiggle my toes and fingers and basically just will my way out)
Except for one episode..

I don't remember exactly when or how old I was but it was sometime in my late teens. It began as it always did, I wake up realizing it's happening again but this time I can hear murmuring outside the room. To me it sounded like my sister and my mother were speaking to each other, I thought nothing of it even though it was the first time this had happen. I continue to follow routine until I hear even more murmuring, I open my eyes to see somebody that I thought was my sister clearly walk by my door so I try to scream and yell out to her with obviously no luck.

I now see 2 shadow figures enter the room, they were quite small no taller than 5 feet from what I can remember. They begin to scour the room for what seemed like a couple minutes, just walking around as if I wasn't there. They now begin to approach my bed together, starting from the top of my bed walking along the side down to my feet.
now this is where it gets strange and ultimately brought me here.
when the figures turn the corner of my bed they both stopped for a second and looked down at my feet and all of a sudden both ran away in fear. Even though I couldn't see their faces, body language (or shadow language lol) told me it was fear. In that exact moment something grabbed my leg and I went into something I can only describe as a seizure. My entire body violently vibrating and shaking. It was so intense It broke me right out of the episode and back into reality. I remember waking up still vibrating as if I was still in the motions of the seizure, my leg was hanging off the bed, I was sweating and I don't think I've ever been so shaken (pun intended) before.

I hop right out of bed and went straight to the living room. Of course nobody was awake and chatting, it was around 4 in the morning I hopped on my laptop and googled my experience to look for answers. Hello ATS

I think I slept on the couch for the next few weeks and always made sure my feet was securely tucked in lol.

has anyone out there had the same or similar experience? Was it an abduction? A failed abduction? What was at my feet? Guardian Angel? Something more sinister?

I have not experienced anything like that or even paranormal before or after that experience. I now get SP maybe once or twice every month or two if at all.

I'd like to hear anything and everything you guys have to say, and my apologies if this was too long or hard to read from my terrible structuring and formatting.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Definitely more research should be done about what those shadow figures are precisely.

Have posted my experience before, never seen the small ones, only 1 big which came very close to my face often with out of body experiences... and one time I felt it grabbed my throat when I had a sleeping paralyze.

It sure seems to happen with allot of people and they basically have the same experience.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Over the years after all the research I have come to a conclusion of what the figures could be. I won't say as I'm not certain. I'm aware many have similar experiences with shadow figures but what puzzles me even till this day is who or what grabbed my feet..

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hello Journey1986, I have heard about this sleep paralysis, scary stuff, I used to see moving shapes mostly when lacking sleep, sleep to me numbs everything, I start to see things differently when I haven't slept for a while haha, almost like the real world is the sleepless version, pretty scary, there was a good doco I watched called the nightmare that talks about these shadow beings you speak of, excellent documentary I highly recommend.

Good things Journey1986

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LeeAndrewCox

I'll see if I can find it and watch it tonight, thanks for the recommendation. Sounds scary I hope I can make it through it lol

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Used to have the same experiences with paralysis and short shadow figures (at least four of them) without the seizure from being grabbed.
They used to levitate me and move me through the air down the hall at a height of about 6 or 7 feet. Usually to the sound of indescribable music or rushing wind sounds.

I never remembered anything beyond that point.

This happened many times throughout childhood...up until college age.

Never figured out what it was all about.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Interesting, so those little shadow figures lift you up / pull you out of the body and the ''big one'' does something with the real body?.. also makes me think it's some kind of 'operation at the body'... but yea guesswork.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Don't know, but it seemed as if my real body was raised and moving. While paralyzed and unable to speak, my senses of sight and hearing were extremely sharp.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
When my son was about 3 or 4 he told me about he and his little brother (still in a crib) being visited one night by what he called "the little doctors" ...I asked him to draw them for me and he drew what looked like typical greys.

Grown now, he doesn't remember it ever happening.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Well for me it was like I was moving out of my body and was floating above my real body (out of body experience).
So I was also floating and sometimes I moved a couple of meters, then I went back in my real body and then I woke up always. And yes I also had these rushing wind sounds just before getting out of the body... I think you had same but thinking it was still your real body?
edit on 14-9-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Did you see your real body below you?
I was never able to move my head to look down...only straight above me...I remember seeing ceiling fixtures and the texture of the hall ceiling as I went past just below it.
edit on 14-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well I always had it at night, I couldn't see that much and was mostly not really looking below me, or never as you said, just looking up and side wards.
But for me I knew my real body was still below me for sure.
Before getting out it was like ''moving a finger'' or moving my feet.. but for me that felt like your ''outer body/spirit'' that is moving slowly out then you are out of the body and start hovering.
I was always a bit afraid I couldn't go back in my real body.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Glad to hear you heard the rushing wind sound too.
It always happened at night in bed, for me as well...and it was always frightening knowing they were there in the room right beside me on all sides.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
When my son was about 3 or 4 he told me about he and his little brother (still in a crib) being visited one night by what he called "the little doctors" ...I asked him to draw them for me and he drew what looked like typical greys.

Grown now, he doesn't remember it ever happening.

Nice, well who knows we get free healthcare

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

But yes I'm happy I guess that I never seen the small guys.. if it happens again I guess I go looking better.. and try to look below if possible and if I dare.
Been some years ago though since my last experience.

Also felt the ''very hard pushing on certain body parts'' on your body before floating out?
Journey1986 also had this..

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Wow. I wonder if the same thing would've happened to me had there not been something at my feet. Now I'm really curious. That was my one and only episode. I just hope whatever was there with me that night was benevolent and protecting me and not the opposite. Just the possibility is pretty scary..

Yours sure does sound like an abduction. That was at the top of my list of possibilities, but they never returned (atleast I don't think so)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Hopefully it's over. I always tried to get a good look at the shadow figures...but never saw their faces...just a dark mass/form about four feet tall...out of the corner of my eyes.

I'm happy those experiences haven't returned in many years.

I've experienced intentional OBE's but these were completely different in nature.
edit on 14-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Alright, I thought it was the same.. could be a different yes.

I think my dog could see this dark mass/form sometimes when I was watching tv at night.. showing his teeth, his hair all raised up and looking afraid when looking somewhere in the middle of the room.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Hmmm...having your dog react to it in that manner is curious.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

you believe they have a sense for higher beings

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join