It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis or .....?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PoliticalRapper

I know their eyesight, hearing and sense of smell are far superior to ours.
I'm not sure these are higher beings...or something else.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I just finished watching the documentary 'the nightmare' on YouTube recommended earlier in the thread. It was good and insightful and I also recommend it to anybody interested in searching for more answers. I'm not sure how to embed a video if anybody can help me it would be greatly appreciated

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Guys, there's no such things as Shadow people who hold you down in your slumber. It's a vivid dream coupled with the sleep paralysis mechanism. Not every dream or experience in your bed is a prophesy, astral projection, or the boogeyman. It's a DREAM.

I can guarantee the day you psychologically overcome the sleep paralysis involuntary function, your Shadow people will vanish....

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Journey1986

Shawdow people are a very common event with SP,

Theres many accounts to read online so you can compare!

OK, theres not such thing as shadow people, but it is a common dream.
edit on 15-9-2015 by frostie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

I've had probably well over 500 episodes of SP, I'm fully aware of what's going on while it's happening. If you read my op you would know I've definitely overcome the psychology of it.
It was just that one episode that I saw shadows and had no prior knowledge of it. I wasn't scared of sp or surprised by it. How do you explain my random episode or even explain my leg grab and the shadows running in fear?
I've read up on hundreds If not thousands of cases and while there are many similarities that can be attributed to the mind, mine is definitely unique and intriguing.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I won't go into this very far, but your experience is shared. I am by many here an older man and so strangness goes way back into the 40's.

In the last years to stay on subject I had two episodes similar to yours. One I woke up with the vibrations plus an extreme discomfort inside or at the soul level. At that time, I had a message and urging to calm down accompanied with a hand layed onto my chest. Wish I could have opened my eyes then.

A few years later, I woke moaning, rolled over because I knew I was being manipulated or tuned or similar. This time I did open my eyes and beside the bed, leaning over me was this woman in white. Again, I was urged or forced to go to sleep and did. Both of these events did not seem bad, but my wife and I are used to odd things and just mention it in the morning without much distress.
edit on 15-9-2015 by sailormon because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Journey1986

I've had probably well over 500 episodes of SP, I'm fully aware of what's going on while it's happening. If you read my op you would know I've definitely overcome the psychology of it.
It was just that one episode that I saw shadows and had no prior knowledge of it. I wasn't scared of sp or surprised by it. How do you explain my random episode or even explain my leg grab and the shadows running in fear?
I've read up on hundreds If not thousands of cases and while there are many similarities that can be attributed to the mind, mine is definitely unique and intriguing.

Have you considered the idea that the two shadow figures were inter-dimensional beings or even demonic in nature?

The fact that the two shadow figures first did reconnaissance of your room, showed mutual surprise over something of which only they were aware..and, finally, after a slight time delay, before you were touched and had a seizure...were frightened out of the room...might mean you were being protected by some other entity.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes I've considered all possibilities and to me aliens/demons/inter-dimensional beings are all one in the same one way or another and I'd put this at the top of the list.

As for what grabbed me I'm opened to both sides of the coin. In my heart I want it to be a protector but they way it grabbed me and the feeling it left me with was anything but good.
But this was a long time ago and the effects of that night are long gone from my psyche and my episodes are almost completely gone so who knows.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My sister has suffered from this for years and when I started to do some research for her I read about Hypnagogic Hallucinations, it seems that you are half awake half asleep, so capable of consciously seeing your surroundings but also able to overlay that with lucid dreams / imaginations etc...

Your brain tries to interpret things it cant make sense of such an open window that sends a breeze to your feet, in a dream your brain might imagine someone running past you quickly creating a rush of air.

Often what is in your head can translate to those interpretations when having Hypnagogic Hallucinations.

A study was done that showed people in Europe saw Ghostly figures, North Americans saw Aliens and people in Africa saw devil like characters, the conclusion was that these best represented the paranormal beliefs of those areas in the world.

Hope that adds something interesting to the conversation

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sailormon

Thank you sir for sharing your experience. I definitely felt the extreme discomfort at the soul level you are talking about. I've never felt anything before or since that night and I'll never forget that feeling, but in retrospect if it wasn't for this event or experience I probably would not be here or be the person I am today. So although it was probably the most terrifying night of my life I am thankful the direction it pushed me.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gazzerman

I just watched a documentary last night called 'the nightmare' that talks about exactly what you are saying. While I agree that these are all in your mind, but what if these conscious states are what actually cross you over to other dimensions? It's interesting to think about and the documentary touches on this subject quite nicely. I recommend it to anybody interested in this subject

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is the bottom line. Why is it that 99% of these "episodes" never witnessed by another person? Why are these events isolated so dramatically? Even people who claim to see UFOs, cryptos, or ghosts have a good percentage of collaboration on a specific event. Don't tell me it's due to their preternatural disposal. You never hear about a family member walking in on a shadow person molesting a victim. You never have any valid video footage either.

I too have had these sandy-eyed scenerios throughout my entire life. It was blatantly obvious what it was. The moment I o ER came sleep paralysis and took full control over my dream state, everything changed. Lucid dreaming, dreaming on command, picking up on dreams I left off on, snd even more metaphysical exposure to the mind and consciousness. Although, overcoming sleep paralysis has its shortcomings too. I can tell you how many times I've dreamt of fist fighting and woke up either punching or kicking the person that layer with me, or punching and kicking a wall/bedpost/piece of furniture, or nearly throwing out my shoulder swing at thin air.

Just shrink it down to you having a wild and vivid imagination with your hypnogogic dream state. I'm not invalidating what you felt, I'm just not agreeing with its cause.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It is because reality comes from within. Everything that happens, even physically, is imagined before it happens.

consciousness creates physical reality.

Your consciousness is not restrained to your physical body, everything you see is consciousness. Our bodies are 99.9% empty space. Meaning the distance between the electrons and nucleus of an atom is relative to the distance between planets and stars.

This physical reality is exactly like a dream, only much more dense. In a dream, or OBE, the reality is much more easily manipulatable through ones own consciousness because it is a "lighter" reality. Meaning, flying, telepathy, telekinesis, manifestation, instant healing, all of that, happens much quicker because it is "less dense". You can jump off a building, forget how to fly, hit the ground, and be completely ok.

When a person relaxes their mind, and allows it to enter the theta frequency you start tapping into the wider reality.
When a group of people see UF0's or have paranormal experiences together, it is because their mind frequencies are overlapping which allows each other to see similar "hallucinations"

I think all hallucinations are real, just on a different "density" of reality.

During sleep paralysis the mind is in the theta brainwaves. This is where hallucinations happen. The reality you see depends on the frequency your consciousness is at.

So when you see these shadow figures. Understand that you are in a different state of mind and your consciousness is creating that reality. Understand that you are in complete control and do not be afraid. Stand up out of your body and be powerful and strong and realize these beings have no power over you. If you stop the fear and realize that you are 2 seconds away from having and OBE you will realize that they are actually trying to help you.

OBE's/sleep paralysis are one aspect of a much bigger/wider/deeper reality.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Interesting! Thanks for sharing. Sleep paralysis scares me. I'm glad I've never experienced it personally. You say you have/had it often which is crazy to imagine. I heard you can "force" it to happen if you know how, right?

Since developing an anxiety disorder I have developed night "events" I wouldn't call them night terrors or sleep walking. They lie in between. I'm half asleep, half awake. I see things moving around my room.. On my walls. I've seen people in my room (can't see faces... it's just someone there) and I jump out of bed and eventually wake up (fully) to realise i'm "dreaming" even though I remember them clearly and I am aware enough to not go sleepwalking downstairs etc.

Mines not sleep paralysis as I'm not paralysed in any way. It's literally like I'm dreaming but I'm half awake and seeing a dream like event. I've been known to try grabbing spiders on my wall that aren't really there. Or getting ready at 5am thinking it's 5pm and slept all night and day... then I "fully" wake up and think... WTF and I doing?!

It's very strange and I don't have a name for it.
edit on 15-9-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Yea I've had them my entire life but never knew what it was. When I was younger I thought I was the only one that had it so I didn't really tell anybody about it and I didn't think it was anything scary or paranormal. It wasn't untill my episode that made me do research on it and really discover the magnitude of it. Your experience sounds like a vivid / lucid dream but not quite. Ive had similar dreams like yours minus the figures. I've had dreams where I would wake up and get out of bed, get on with my day and all of a sudden wake up again like wtf.. Lol weird for sure
edit on 15-9-2015 by Journey1986 because: Typo

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Very nice thread Journey.
I used to suffer from so called sleep paralysis and as I phrase it "visitations".
It was all ways terrifying especially as a child.
What it was I couldn't say, I am just content it stopped in my mid thirties.

Many of the occurrences felt physical, but that again could just be my mind playing tricks with me. Often I was afraid to go to bed.
WIS

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I actually have a similar story. I'm 28 and have experienced sleep paralysis for as long as I can remember. I've had experienced waking up and feeling as if someone was trying to break in my door, even seeing the knob turning, but when I broke out of it there was no one there. But one recent one was when I was sleeping on my stomach, which normally when I experience sleep paralysis I am on my back. I woke up, laying on my stomach, and couldn't move, but had this feeling on absolute fear. Then it felt as if someone grabbed my feet and was pulling me violently around my bed, like a rag doll. I'm not a small man, about 6', 220 lbs, but I felt as if something was just throwing me around like I weighed 5 lbs. I finally came out of it and there was nothing there, I turned the lights on, and had a look around but could find nothing. Finally assumed it was just a hallucination. Probably the most terrifying experience I've had with sleep paralysis, but I did not see any shadow people, thank God.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: misguided

Wow that sounds scary as hell. I don't think what I experienced could compare. Although I did see shadows, whatever grabbed me I did not see.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Very nice thread Journey.
I used to suffer from so called sleep paralysis and as I phrase it "visitations".
It was all ways terrifying especially as a child.
What it was I couldn't say, I am just content it stopped in my mid thirties.

Many of the occurrences felt physical, but that again could just be my mind playing tricks with me. Often I was afraid to go to bed.
WIS

Suffered from it from late teens until it tapered off. Have not had any experiences for over a year at least. Very similar experiences as has been mentioned. Basically i experienced it all and when I had them they would repeat over and over.

At first everything would be normal, I lay down to go to sleep and then seconds later I am feeling things around me, hearing things and i am paralyzed. I read the post and dont see many differences to my experiences. Everything was amplified or just more intense than reality. A few years after they began, maybe almost 10, I started getting the vibrations as the OP mentions. Some vibrating but really like rattling.

Yes, the worst part is losing sleep. This is what a night (or day because they happen during the day too) of SP was like: go to bed, seconds later you are paralyzed hearing and feeling things, struggle but cannot move a pinky. Try and move my head, try to get up but nothing moves. Break out, lay back down and seconds later it happens again. Repeat this process a few more time, while being basically terrified and then finally give up. Then either pass out from being tired or stay up all day.

edit on 16-9-2015 by Harvin because: adding

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Journey1986

I never saw what "grabbed" me, and I'm not even sure my body even moved, or if it was just my mind messing with it. My room was pitch black, and I could only see what was to the side of my bed as I was laying on my stomach. Most of my experiences have always just been waking up, not being able to move, and being scared, but not sure what of, maybe just the fact I can't moved. But like you I'd developed my way of dealing with it, calming myself and slowly trying to regain control of my body to will myself out of it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join