It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders: America Was Founded On ‘Racist Principles. That’s A Fact.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
What I find sad is that so many people are saying a guy that's been a politician for nearly 40 years isn't an insider... Or is different than the other crooks.

Why do people insist on voting the same garbage into office...

Guess what the lesser of two evils is still evil.

Probably because we've actually looked into a bit deeper than you have. Go look at his voting record. Go look at his history of what he's accomplished. He is different. Go research some more info about him and learn something before you say something meaningless and incorrect.

Oh, I guess it's too late for that now.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Calling racism, racism is race baiting dontcha know? Addressing today's racism is race baiting. It's not class warfare when Corporations suck the wealth out of the middle class if you say so, you're a bigot and a classist.

/s

The biggest delusion of right wingers is that if it isn't happening to them, it's not a problem and doesn't need solving... unless it's calling something or someone racist then you're attacking them personally.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

RS data for 2009 (most recent year available) are displayed above and show that the top 1% of US taxpayers (about 819,000 filers) paid 37% of all federal income taxes collected, the top 50% paid almost all taxes collected (98%) and the bottom half (about 41 million filers) paid only 2%

I wonder what Bernie thinks would be an "acceptable" percentage?

I bet 90% for the "1%-ers"

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Honestly, on something like Capital Gains I'm sure he'd have no problem with 90%. But I think what he's going for is a bit lower than that. I think somewhere around 65% actually.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

No that is not the fact of nature, the more you think it is than all your doing is making it so. Perhaps who do you think is can addressed out of the Trump, Hilary and Sanders?

I don't like ANY of them.

Not Trump.Not Sanders. Not CLinton.

Washington DC is a refection of 'we the people', and as long as the 'people' are stuck on the perpetual ID complex.

Things will never change.

The masses want money, and things. They vote for whoever will promise them.

Washington is corrupt is because the people are corrupt.

I don't want a damn thing from government.

Not money.

Not 'education'.

Not healthcare.

Not a 'free' home.

NOT A DAMN thing.

American politics is about materialism period.

And that is as GREEDY as it gets.

For some side is the Sanders.

The other side it's the Trumps.

I vote for none of the fregging above.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

RS data for 2009 (most recent year available) are displayed above and show that the top 1% of US taxpayers (about 819,000 filers) paid 37% of all federal income taxes collected, the top 50% paid almost all taxes collected (98%) and the bottom half (about 41 million filers) paid only 2%

I bet 99.9% of course all them evil folks have to do is ex patriat.

Then where is Sanders gonna fund his delusions of champagne wishes, and caviar schemes?

Oh the middle class but they won't have a job, and everyone knows the poor don't have to pay taxes.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
What I find sad is that so many people are saying a guy that's been a politician for nearly 40 years isn't an insider... Or is different than the other crooks.

Why do people insist on voting the same garbage into office...

Guess what the lesser of two evils is still evil.

He's not a lesser evil. The stars and planets don't align in U.S. politics for a 'nice guy.' They align for the evilest guy. And they are aligning for Bernie.

Bernie is going to emerge from the primary as the democratic nominee and he will look like an honest-to-gosh grassroots underdog because he hasn't had to fight dirty or even get media attention thanks to Hillary's ongoing email scandal dominating the headlines.

When nothing comes of that scandal except the end of Hillary's run, will the voters ever know that they have been bamboozled by an Establishment and Congress that cannot wait to get their hands on Bernie's trillion dollar check? (And then some)

I suspect Trump will be splitting the conservative vote to give Bernie a mandate. After all, his loyalty pledge was diabolically signed and backdated.

Trump's dirty trick on voters

edit on 14-9-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Okay, we get it. You are a red blooded republican, good for you.

But to deny your racist history, well......

Unless you owned slaves or at the very least your family did at some point which isn't a whole lot of people today, no one has to deny something that didn't exist in their history.

But luckily we had a noble Lincoln come along and fought solely on the concept of freeing slaves.

How many slaves did your family own cobaltic? Don't deny it be truthful. Embrace and learn from your history.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I bet 99.9% of course all them evil folks have to do is ex patriat.

Then where is Sanders gonna fund his delusions of champagne wishes, and caviar schemes?

Oh the middle class but they won't have a job, and everyone knows the poor don't have to pay taxes.

There is your problem right there. You obviously know NOTHING about what you're talking about. Everything Sanders plans on doing is available to read for yourself. All you have to do is go read it.

How is he planning on paying for Free Tuition??? It's there, just go read it.

How much is planning on taxing the 1% or the .01%??? It's out there, just go read it.

Hell, I think I've even linked those things in other threads for you already. Although it may not have been you, I could be wrong. I've linked them for many others here though who spout the same misunderstanding as you are right now.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: neo96

When the phrase all men are created equal was written while people were owned how can it not be fact? I know bringing up the reality of our foundation is frowned upon it doesn't mean we shouldn't.

But guys like Sanders don't understand, forget that the issue fermented into an abolition movement that resulted in a horrible war where many died to remove the problem from the table. They always forget this. It was the first and greatest civil rights issue and almost tore the country apart. What I am saying is that although problems persisted the ship was forced onto an established course. And that course like Fredrick Douglas said had only begun with the close of the war. Other black scholars still believe that emancipation was the only good thing to come out of the war. But and yet pseudo-historians and commentators want to take the issue back to 1765 to support their diatribes rather than apply any national virtue to 1865. Our country still wrestles with the virtues of 1865 but that doesn't change the facts.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Is that right?

I heard a lot of promises from the last guy to get in to office.

How did that hope, and change work out ?

Apparently even Sanders says not so good.

Elect him, and he will walk, and water, and part the red sea.

People will never learn.

Politicians, and that is what Sanders is do nothing but make empty promises, because they know full well they really don't have to deliver.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Calling racism, racism is race baiting dontcha know? Addressing today's racism is race baiting. It's not class warfare when Corporations suck the wealth out of the middle class if you say so, you're a bigot and a classist.

/s

The biggest delusion of right wingers is that if it isn't happening to them, it's not a problem and doesn't need solving... unless it's calling something or someone racist then you're attacking them personally.

It's not calling racism that wrong but people like you and we've spoken before can't even give me a success indicator to tell me when racism is gone.

Ie minorities are x percent of the population when that percent is represented across all job fields, political offices, and wealth numbers we are no longer racist.

Until people screaming racism can do something as basic as provide success indicators, quite honestly how can anyone take the thing serious? There's a reason no success indicators are never given. Just sad.
edit on 14-9-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

It's not calling racism that wrong but people like you and we've spoken before can't even give me a success indicator to tell me when racism is gone.

Truth be told they don't want it gone.

How could it ever be 'eradicated' when everyone is going around shouting, ' Your racist'.

Truth be told 'race' is politics deadliest weapon of mass distraction. In the arsenal of identity politics.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

mOjOm, you nailed it there, quite frankly a biased OP nit-picking a news source that in no way portrays Bernie's stance on the issue of racism and police brutality.

It's a dead issue, to be honest, the intention of the OP is to discrete Sanders based off of a generalized comment by Sanders that in no way shape or form is reflective of Sanders stance on the issue of Racism.

This OP is none other than a Sanders bashing post.

edit on 14-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That's exactly it.racism is an industry, to provide success inidicators that are then met means the end of the industry. People don't want racism gone, they want a never ending issue that entails leadership slots and so forth, how can anyone take clowns like that seriously about wanting to end it when we can't even have defined goals.

It's always broad, more opportunities, more education, more whatever. Never actually numbers and goals to measure success against and know when it's resolved.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

they want a never ending issue that entails leadership slots and so forth, how can anyone take clowns like that seriously about wanting to end it when we can't even have defined goals.

It sure is. and the same thing can be seen with the so called 'rich/poor' manufactured issue.

For over 100 years people like Sanders have been whining about the evil rich. To where we got the 'anti trust' laws that bascially outlaws private monolopies, and legalized the largest monopoly in the world: The US government

They then followed that up with the 'New Deal' and social security, and medicare. They then followed that up with medicaid, and Johnsons war on 'poverty'.

To now where there is more people broke, and dependent upon government for their existence than ever in this nations history.

But I digress the Sanders say 'government' is the solution to ALL the problems being caused by them 'evil' rich folks.

And they buy it hook,line, and sinker.

To put it succinctly?

A problem is over when the 'Sanders' say it is..
edit on 14-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Look, your whole argument has no substance. Why are you comparing Obama and Sanders anyway??? They aren't the same person so to say because the last guy did this the next guy will do that to is a false comparison. Why not just compare Sanders to Washington or Jackson or JFK or Nixon??? It would be just as meaningless.

Clearly you've become tired of politics all together. Fine. Go burn down Washington then. Go take down the Government if that's your only idea. The rest of us who are still grounded in a Sane Reality are going to work on something else, but wish you all the luck in the world. If your mission fails and you don't die, I'll be sure to send you some magazines for your long wait in prison.

There is no sure outcome for anyone who's elected but with Sanders at least his history, voting record and his character is solid. Does that mean he'll get to accomplish everything he wants, no. But everyone, even on the Right, agree that he's an honest man and does what he says he'll do. They think he's crazy and don't understand him, but they'll all tell you he's an honest guy. The reason they don't understand him, is because he's not a criminal and POS like they are.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Look, your whole argument has no substance. Why are you comparing Obama and Sanders anyway???

Basically because I haven't heard one original thought from Sanders other than regurgitating the same thing his predecessor did to get in to office, and other 'progressives'.

Than do nothing more than recycle 100 year old rhetoric.

But i forgot only pro Sanders opinions are allowed on ATS.

God forbid anyone dare question his holiness.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

they want a never ending issue that entails leadership slots and so forth, how can anyone take clowns like that seriously about wanting to end it when we can't even have defined goals.

It sure is. and the same thing can be seen with the so called 'rich/poor' manufactured issue.

For over 100 years people like Sanders have been whining about the evil rich. To where we got the 'anti trust' laws that bascially outlaws private monolopies, and legalized the largest monopoly in the world: The US government

They then followed that up with the 'New Deal' and social security, and medicare. They then followed that up with medicaid, and Johnsons war on 'poverty'.

To now where there is no more people broke, and dependent upon government for their existence than ever in this nations history.

But I digress the Sanders say 'government' is the solution to ALL the problems being caused by them 'evil' rich folks.

And they buy it hook,line, and sinker.

To put it succinctly?

A problem is over when the 'Sanders' say it is..

I'll be honest, I'm.not rich but I do pretty well. I don't envy anyone else for what they have. I do however have a problem with tax payer bailouts of private banks and corporations. You make poor decisions in your bank or company don't come demanding me to bail you out. So while I am a write in voter, I can understand and agree with some stuff Sanders says, trump says, and so on. Just not enough to vote for them. None of them adddress my concerns because we are way past 4 year solutions.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

I totally agree with you. It's sad really too, because IMO a guy like Bernie only comes around once in a great while. I know why he's doing what he's doing too and it's not about money or fame or even power. Hell, he's too old to enjoy those things anyway at this point. Plus that has never been what it's about for him. When you look in to his past and what he's done and why, it's really quite an amazing story.

Honestly, even if elected the way our system is he might not be able to change it much anyway at this point. But he's the only guy who I'd trust to even try and change anything.

Who knows how long it will be before someone like him would ever run again.
edit on 14-9-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join