It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders: America Was Founded On ‘Racist Principles. That’s A Fact.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

He has never said anything close to that, just that he wants them to pay the same taxes and play by the same rules as everyone else.

Wheres' the 'proof' they don't ?

They do pay taxes.

link   
a reply to: neo96

I think Sanders comments are bit too generalized, but he is right that Obama is in fact the only black president.

Maybe you can ask yourself, why very wise and charismatic people like Malcolm X or Martin Luther, never had the chance to contest for US presidency? Because they were too busy addressing the issue of racism.

How can one address the issue of racism, if it's not addressed at it's core? I think only a wise man like Sanders knows how to address the issue of racism at it's core.

I think his by far, shown, more wisdom in thinking than either Trump or Hilary, in my opinion.

Peace

+9 more 
link   

Because everyone living at the colonies at the time were SLAVES of the British Crown.

That means Black,White, and the 'natives'.

But hey now who really cares now. Real history isn't important.

This has got to be the most disingenuous thing I've read on ATS in a month. Words fail me. By your own hyperbolic figurative use of the word "slave" I guess you must also accept that working class people and the poor are "slaves" of the wealthy elites and have been as long as there has been wealth to be wielded.

Oh that's right, you don't; you actually drone on in thread after thread about the plight of the poor poor super rich whose great suffering is comparable only to that of Jesus.
edit on 2015-9-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

link   

So once they revolt, they are not slaves....
And our founding fathers weren't so much slaves as they were just citizens of a country that they didn't agree with how it was ran.

Lets not redefine what a slave is.
edit on thMon, 14 Sep 2015 17:44:28 -0500America/Chicago920152880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What I find sad is that so many people are saying a guy that's been a politician for nearly 40 years isn't an insider... Or is different than the other crooks.

Why do people insist on voting the same garbage into office...

Guess what the lesser of two evils is still evil.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

I think Sanders comments are bit too generalized, but he is right that Obama is in fact the only black president.

He is now ?

Funny the man of the day is some old white guy.(Sanders)

Where are the minorities at ?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And our founding fathers weren't so much slaves as they were just citizens of a country that they didn't agree with how it was ran.

Yes, let's not. Today it's all too common to use slave as a synonym for black when not all blacks were slaves and not all slaves were black.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This has got to be the most disingenuous thing I've read on ATS in a month.

IS that so?

Guess people really ignore what Sanders has been saying.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

But that is what Sanders is doing.

Refining what the word slave means.

The poor, and middle clas are slaves of them evil rich folks!

Why YES that is perfectly acceptable, and agreeable now isn't it.

How anyone dare question the new messiah, Sanders.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

a reply to: whyamIhere

Would you really say that the pilgrims held the natives as equal people? Hating America has nothing to do with telling it how it was. America was not exceptional in its up bringing. I don't hate America at all, I hate that we felt that the states were our God given right as per manifest destiny.

I was under the impression that "white folks" running off to join the Indians was quiet a problem in the early days - after all the Indians were better fed, better organized, more attractive, and often had better (more tolerant) "political" systems than the Europeans.

So much so that Ben Franklin noted the trend:

While Indians did not seem to have much inclination to exchange their culture for the Euro-American, many Euro-Americans appeared more than willing to become Indians at this time:

When an Indian child has been brought up among us, taught our language and habituated to our customs, yet if he goes to see his relations and makes one Indian Ramble with them, there is no perswading him ever to return. And that this is not natural [only to Indians], but as men, is plain from this, that when white persons of either sex have been taken prisoners young by the Indians, and lived awhile among them, tho' ransomed by their Friends, and treated with all imaginable tenderness to prevail with them to stay among the English, yet within a Short time they become disgusted with our manner of Life, and the care and pains that are necessary to support it, and take the first good Opportunity of escaping again into the Woods, from whence there is no reclaiming them.

Franklin followed with an example. He had heard of a person who had been "reclaimed" from the Indians and returned to a sizable estate. Tired of the care needed to maintain such a style of life, he had turned it over to his younger brother and, taking only a rifle and a matchcoat, "took his way again to the Wilderness." Franklin used this story to illustrate his point that "No European who has tasted Savage Life can afterwards bear to live in our societies." Such societies, wrote Franklin, provided their members with greater opportunities for happiness than European cultures. Continuing, he said:

The Care and Labour of providing for Artificial and fashionable Wants, the sight of so many Rich wallowing in superfluous plenty, whereby so many are kept poor and distress'd for Want, the Insolence of Office . . . the restraints of Custom, all contrive to disgust them with what we call civil Society.
-source

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just for snips and giggles, and something Sanders and his supporters actually need to read, but not holding my breath.

Simply because it doesn't fit their FALSE narrative.

RS data for 2009 (most recent year available) are displayed above and show that the top 1% of US taxpayers (about 819,000 filers) paid 37% of all federal income taxes collected, the top 50% paid almost all taxes collected (98%) and the bottom half (about 41 million filers) paid only 2%

www.aei.org...

But I digress why let reality get in the way of American POLITICS.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

My point isn't to say every person felt that way about them, just that it happened.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

.... No he isn't.

The poor, and middle clas are slaves of them evil rich folks!

Has he ever said that?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

He is now ?

Funny the man of the day is some old white guy.(Sanders)

Where are the minorities at ?

Funny, your comment tends to reflect the rest of my intuitions that you failed to quote? Why was that?

Whats the problem with an old guy saving the day? Again at the core, InEquilty, is not all about being black or white, Minority or majority, and or rich or poor.

Old or Young

Give a wise old man a chance and fill the BERN!

Peace
edit on 14-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I would call the genocide of thousands of Native Americans " racist ". Wouldn't you ?

Well, to be fair, the British made the first headway in that department. I guess the Americans were just following your example....

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

No # they pay more, they have all the money!
But when they cook the books to make it look like they have less then not all of it gets taxed!

This represents the lowest percentage of
taxable returns filed in more than 24 years

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Because everyone living at the colonies at the time were SLAVES of the British Crown.

That means Black,White, and the 'natives'.

But hey now who really cares now. Real history isn't important.

This has got to be the most disingenuous thing I've read on ATS in a month. Words fail me. By your own hyperbolic figurative use of the word "slave" I guess you must also accept that working class people and the poor are "slaves" of the wealthy elites and have been as long as there has been wealth to be wielded.

Oh that's right, you don't; you actually drone on in thread after thread about the plight of the poor poor super rich whose great suffering is comparable only to that of Jesus.

Ha ha, that's genius.

I do feel sorry for the uber rich, because they may have to go without something, oh hang on, no I don't. They won't be going without food or shelter, unlike some of the slaves that have been forced to sleep the streets.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

InEquilty,

Which has existed since the dawn of civilization.

Which no one can ever do a damn thing about.

While people are created equal. It's up to each one to make their own way in life.

Sanders can't ever change that fact of nature, and the US government sure can't ever change that fact of nature.

They have tried for over 100 years and so EPICALLY failed to the tune of 18 trillion dollars. over $100 trillion in government programs that can never be paid for.

Which basically brings up to a inconvient truth for Sanders, and his supporters.

His entire platform is based on giving people that can't get on their own. Thus use a fascist proxy( goverment) to give them things.

That isn't 'equality'.

That is as far as it gets from it.
edit on 14-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, let's not. Today it's all too common to use slave as a synonym for black when not all blacks were slaves and not all slaves were black.

Wow, the second most disingenuous post I've read on ATS in a month and it follows right on the heels of the first. Amazing! You want to know what's far too common? Conservatives afraid of acknowledging our country's long history of racial bigotry turning to asinine one-liners.

In 1860, something like 90% of blacks in the US were slaves.

Let's look at some historical context about how synonymous slave and black were among people living during the period preceding the Civil War.

Robert E. Lee on slavery in a 1856 letter:

There are few, I believe, in this enlightened age, who will not acknowledge that slavery as an institution is a moral and political evil. It is idle to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it is a greater evil to the white than to the colored race. While my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more deeply engaged for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, physically, and socially. The painful discipline they are undergoing is necessary for their further instruction as a race, and will prepare them, I hope, for better things. How long their servitude may be necessary is known and ordered by a merciful Providence.

Well isn't that strange! In 1856 SLAVE was synonymous with AFRICAN SLAVE in the mind of Robert E. Lee but hey, he must have been kidnapped and brought to the future and brainwashed by progressive operatives intent on rewriting history.

How about this History Society of PA synopsis of a contemporaneous newspaper story appearing in the Pennsylvania Ledger and titled Painting a White Girl to Make Her a Slave:

The Philadelphia (PA) Public Ledger, for December 27, 1860, reprinted an article from a Natchez, Mississippi newspaper, entitled, "Painting a White Girl to Make Her a Slave." It was stated how a man from Natchez was on a steamboat on its way to Greenville, Mississippi, when he noticed a young girl, "aged about nine or ten years," with black hair and "yellowish brown skin." He was told she belonged to a gentleman on board who was taking her to New Orleans to be sold for $160.00. Talking to the young girl alone, the inquisitive passenger was informed by the girl, how "she was an orphan, and had been taken from an asylum in New York," and that her hair had been light originally, but her 'master' had a barber dye her hair black, and also put "some yellow dye on her skin."

So let's see, if you wanted to turn a kidnapped white girl into a slave, the way to do it was to "paint" her to be the COLOR THAT SLAVES WERE EXPECTED TO BE.

So you're wrong. 100% incorrect. Please stop trying to spin slavery into a thing that was somehow bad for everyone so that you can lie to yourself about historical reality.

edit on 2015-9-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

InEquilty,

Which has existed since the dawn of civilization.

Which no one can ever do a damn thing about.

While people are created equal. It's up to each one to make their own way in life.

Sanders can't ever change that fact of nature, and the US government sure can't ever change that fact of nature.

No that is not the fact of nature, the more you think it is than all your doing is making it so. Perhaps who do you think can addressed out of the Trump, Hilary and Sanders?

Sanders comments on racism, really doesn't discredit him of being a potential president for the US or does it?

Peace
edit on 14-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join