It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugee crisis: How Germany rose to the occasion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: gort51
The strangest thing is......

Only a short 5 years ago, Angela Merkel made Worldwide headlines by stating.....

"MULTICULTURALISM HAS UTTERLY FAILED". (In Germany specifically...but also elsewhere)

www.theguardian.com...

This came about because of all the problems the "Turks" and other Non Native Europeans were/are causing in Germany and Europe...5 years ago.

So what has changed in 5 Years?

Over the past 6-12 months on ATS, we have seen dozens of threads on the problems of Arabs/Muslims/Blacks in Europe, Video of Marches in England with these Non Native Europeans yelling...Kill the Cops.
Interviews with Swedish and Dutch Families saying their children are discriminated against, because they are White European Natives, and European Native cannot even go into some areas of there own country.

Unfortunately, this will only lead to more unrest for the natives, and possible action against the invaders.
Why dont the Syrian young men do like every other brave nation before them.....stay and fight for their freedom, in their Own Land....not run away like deserters and weaklings........Are they the people you want in your country?

As a veteran myself.... I would send my family away, and fight.

But I'm not a coward so it is easy for me to say.

I don't know the heart of a coward, I have never been one, I'm a born fighter.

Some aren't though...... I would love to smack talk them, but I have never feared fighting for what I think is right.

It was always easy for me, I don't how it is for them.

I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence... I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honour than that she should, in a cowardly manner, become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor.

I WOULD risk violence a thousand times rather than risk the emasculation of a whole race.

...Ghandi....even the most peaceful realize sometimes, you have to fight. Even it that means the truely innocent die along with the rest of us.

Words of wisdom!!

Truly they are!!

I'm not violent by choice, but by necessity, and when necessary.... I can be very violent, especially in defence of my family!!!

Off topic-you are Indian?

I know a few families here in Indiana, curry powder kicks my stomache in the button hard!!!

Otherwise, great culture, great food, good people in my experience!!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This is a double-sided problem and if the US has part of the blame, then so does Europe who held colonial stake in the ME just like it did in Africa.

But an equal portion of the blame can be placed on those ME cultures that have refused to modernize out of the dark ages mentality and now we're witnessing the collapse of those cultures. Western Imperialism has little to do with that.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

a reply to: johnwick

Don't be hating John. There is always the beautiful aspect of female genital mutilation. Regardless, you don't pack everyone in, create a ton of problems and solve none. You get the infrastructure in place and let numbers in based on what can be absorbed. That is hateful though.....really, do some of you members ever stop to smell what you shovel?

It is plain logic...

If i'm having a hard time feeding my family, I can't move theirs in and feed them too....

I don't see how this isn't obvious!

It helps nobody, by hurts many.

Edited because my autocorrect is an Ahole

Pretty logical.But if you don't do it even if your own family is struggling and you don't take in addtional people to help you are hateful. Can't be hating, even if the hating is logical

Ya... My posting history clearly shows, I care little about what others think, mine come first at all times!!

My family, my friends, my community, my county, my state, my nation

In that exact order!!

After that, my nation's allies, and way down the list absolute strangers that don't like my culture or my country..... Like after the stray dogs and ferral cats.

Then and only then would I give a single second of my time for them.

Heartless?

Meh... Couldnt give less of a # if they think so honestly!

Understood, but people with the thought process that it's hateful to want to plan for an influx of people instead of open the floodgates, vote. Don't have to care about their opinion, at least point out the crazy.

Back to the op though. I have a feeling this won't be working out quite the way Merkel envisioned. Not talking about terrorism or anything else. Beyond having the infrastructure in place before swinging open the doors the addition of such cultural and in some cases language differences means additional and specialized infrastructure if you ever hope to have minimal problems but successful integration.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This is a double-sided problem and if the US has part of the blame, then so does Europe who held colonial stake in the ME just like it did in Africa.

But an equal portion of the blame can be placed on those ME cultures that have refused to modernize out of the dark ages mentality and now we're witnessing the collapse of those cultures. Western Imperialism has little to do with that.

Quoted for truth!!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Only a short 5 years ago, Angela Merkel made Worldwide headlines by stating.....

"MULTICULTURALISM HAS UTTERLY FAILED". (In Germany specifically...but also elsewhere)

www.theguardian.com...

This came about because of all the problems the "Turks" and other Non Native Europeans were/are causing in Germany and Europe...5 years ago.

Over the past 6-12 months on ATS, we have seen dozens of threads on the problems of Arabs/Muslims/Blacks in Europe, Video of Marches in England with these Non Native Europeans yelling...Kill the Cops.
Interviews with Swedish and Dutch Families saying their children are discriminated against, because they are White European Natives, and European Native cannot even go into some areas of there own country.

Unfortunately, this will only lead to more unrest for the natives, and possible action against the invaders.
Why dont the Syrian young men do like every other brave nation before them.....stay and fight for their freedom, in their Own Land....not run away like deserters and weaklings........Are they the people you want in your country?

Some aren't though...... I would love to smack talk them, but I have never feared fighting for what I think is right.

I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence... I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honour than that she should, in a cowardly manner, become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor.

I WOULD risk violence a thousand times rather than risk the emasculation of a whole race.

...Ghandi....even the most peaceful realize sometimes, you have to fight. Even it that means the truely innocent die along with the rest of us.

Words of wisdom!!

Truly they are!!

I'm not violent by choice, but by necessity, and when necessary.... I can be very violent, especially in defence of my family!!!

I know a few families here in Indiana, curry powder kicks my stomache in the button hard!!!

I'm as white as they come an Irishman who considers a 7 course meal a 6 pack and a potatoe. Have plenty of Indian aquaintences and co-workers though. Yes nice people and good food. Not quite as good as beer and potatoes but good none the less.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Don't be hating John. There is always the beautiful aspect of female genital mutilation. Regardless, you don't pack everyone in, create a ton of problems and solve none. You get the infrastructure in place and let numbers in based on what can be absorbed. That is hateful though.....really, do some of you members ever stop to smell what you shovel?

It is plain logic...

If i'm having a hard time feeding my family, I can't move theirs in and feed them too....

I don't see how this isn't obvious!

It helps nobody, by hurts many.

Edited because my autocorrect is an Ahole

Pretty logical.But if you don't do it even if your own family is struggling and you don't take in addtional people to help you are hateful. Can't be hating, even if the hating is logical

Ya... My posting history clearly shows, I care little about what others think, mine come first at all times!!

My family, my friends, my community, my county, my state, my nation

In that exact order!!

After that, my nation's allies, and way down the list absolute strangers that don't like my culture or my country..... Like after the stray dogs and ferral cats.

Then and only then would I give a single second of my time for them.

Heartless?

Meh... Couldnt give less of a # if they think so honestly!

Understood, but people with the thought process that it's hateful to want to plan for an influx of people instead of open the floodgates, vote. Don't have to care about their opinion, at least point out the crazy.

Back to the op though. I have a feeling this won't be working out quite the way Merkel envisioned. Not talking about terrorism or anything else. Beyond having the infrastructure in place before swinging open the doors the addition of such cultural and in some cases language differences means additional and specialized infrastructure if you ever hope to have minimal problems but successful integration.

You nailed that dead on the money!!!

Only after they realize their mistake did they find out how screwed they are from only a fraction if their promised commitment!!

It just is not possible to emigrate this number this fast from another culture and not face this exact problem.

Many, including many of us here on ATS, warned of this exact outcome.....

The bleeding hearts never listen.

Their brains can't think clearly about reality, all they think about is what they want to happen, no matter if it is not physically possible.

They feel we should, without caring if we can or not.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

Words of wisdom!!

Truly they are!!

I'm as white as they come an Irishman who considers a 7 course meal a 6 pack and a potatoe. Have plenty of Indian aquaintences and co-workers though. Yes nice people and good food. Not quite as good as beer and potatoes but good none the less.

I'm of Irish decent, 7th generation is 15 14 11 right now for my family in America, beer and taters.... You are speaking my language!!!

Just enjoyed porkchops and fried taters, with onions in the taters.

Drinking the beer now!!!

Lol, that is scary!!!

Guess it is just us Irish that are smart enough to see it all so clearly, or maybe it's the beer and potatoes!!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

Words of wisdom!!

Truly they are!!

I'm of Irish decent, 7th generation is 15 14 11 right now for my family in America, beer and taters.... You are speaking my language!!!

Drinking the beer now!!!

Lol, that is scary!!!

Guess it is just us Irish that are smart enough to see it all so clearly, or maybe it's the beer and potatoes!!
I

I'll go with the beer and potatoes...then some more beer. It gives a speacial kind of clarity

Sorry op a little Irish humor. No more thread drift. If it happens, know I skipped my potatoe today.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

www.theguardian.com...

Words of wisdom!!

Truly they are!!

Drinking the beer now!!!

Lol, that is scary!!!

I

I'll go with the beer and potatoes...then some more beer. It gives a speacial kind of clarity

Sorry op a little Irish humor. No more thread drift. If it happens, know I skipped my potatoe today.

Lol, yes the beer provides a very special kind of clarity!!

On topic, do you think that those perpetually causing these problems will ever learn the real root cause?

Or do you think they will always just blame everything but the reality that some things can't be done with finite space and resources?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
CHRISTIAN REFUGEES IN SWEDEN FEAR MUSLIM REFUGEES
Christians fleeing Muslim persecution are an obvious target

www.frontpagemag.com...

www.cbn.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

For one thing, education has substituted feeling for logic. If you feel a thing is right, then it's sound reasoning for a lot of people. That's how debate has become a matter of he who yells the loudest, has won rather than he who has the facts and best argument.

That and let's be honest, it's the crappiest feeling in the world to want to help and know you can't. Nothing hurts worse than to have to make that realization. There are all kinds of emotions wrapped up in it and none of them are pleasant.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I don't know, maybe she woke up with a horse head in her bed.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: grainofsand
We can't keep passing the buck, like France has been doing to us.
Should we force our own agenda on other countries unwilling to do so just to make Europe less "swarmy"

Who's this "we"? If Germany wants to make some God-awful decision, why should they expect the rest of Europe to clear up their mess?

Oh, that's right, they want to "force their own agenda on other [European] countries unwilling to do so".

You do realise that the EU isn't actually the Fourth Reich? I'm not sure Merkel realises it.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Don't talk to fast.I hear they are halting any more trains from Hungary now. They have taken in all they are going to for right now.www.newsunited.com...

Some other sites are starting to report on it too.

Germany re-imposes border controls to slow migrant arrivals BERLIN/BRUSSELS Germany re-imposed border controls on Sunday after Europe's most powerful nation acknowledged it could scarcely cope with thousands of asylum seekers arriving every day. Berlin announ.. FirstPost >>/

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Yep, they have closed the Austrian border ........... i wonder why.... not

2nd

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
*sigh*
so much misinformation or ignorance going on here but I'll let you americans and Outsiders run rampant on german policies. It's just more fun this way...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I'm sorry but why should we take in all these Refugee's?

Most couples as far as i can see have between 5 and 8 kids in tow... why should a hard-working person be funding them to have all these kids?

They should stop having so many than i and others may be more sympathetic.

Also, where is all this money going which is apparently supposed to be helping these 'Refugee's' where they are?

Something tells me it's not being spent on what it was meant for.. and again why should people who live far away and nothing to do with this war be asked to pay for all these kids that they keep having??

I saw cameron on skynews talking with one family which is coming to the UK... they have 8 kids! Why should the taxpayer have to pay for that huge family??

People here will not be happy with that.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Here is an AMA from a Syrian immigrant from reddit: Link

And seriously, those refugees I personally encountered were peaceful, civilized persons.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join