It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugee crisis: How Germany rose to the occasion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It is suspicious that Germany is so generous

They just got through strangling poor old Greece and all of a sudden they become Santa Clause to the Arab street...

I don’t think so

I still say it’s probably in the plot to destroy certain Arab states by NATO that the Germans job is to take in the excess refugees.

Germany did little to fight in these Arab wars so they have to take in the most refuges than all the chief NATO countries because they did little or no fighting unlike the French, English and of course good old US OF A

The US/NATO/GULF STATES AND TURKEY are the ones perpetuating this war on Syria and most of those countries also the war in Libya and of course Iraq.

This is all planned folks for years in advance

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Is everything OK? You got that from my response. I think I will have to stop here cos it seems to me you are looking for an arguement and implying what I am saying.

Turkey paying people smugglers? Sorry I am confused here. Not sure if it's a mistype or just looking for a good olde fashioned pub arguement.
Are you suggesting something you never said or implied is all I see unfortunately. I apologise if I didn't make my point clearer earlier if that's what has caused this weird drift of thread. Soz

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Good Lord! Look at the pictures of this tent city place!

www.amusingplanet.com...

This would be such a blessing for the Syrians! Temporary, but it would at least get them out of the elements until further arrangements can be figured out.

eta: credit to anxiouswens for finding this.
edit on 9/13/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

You are a slippery one aren't you haha.
I see your second paragraph added as an edit to the post I replied to.

If you support providing massive resources to Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan to fund the quality shelter of the people already there then we find agreement.
...but if you genuinely did not understand my last post then I can't help you fella, you will note it is not edited like yours, and I'm leaving it that way. It is pretty clear English.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

DON'T listen to anything Oettinger has to say. He has (thankfully) no more politcal powers in Germany itself, he is not the most competent person to (any) job..

To ANYONE telling the Germans "we told 'ya so!" - there is now no more alternative. The refugees are coming.

To ANYONE telling the Germans "refugees are illiterate, radical islamists" - you are telling third-hand-lies. Let those who come into daily contact with the refugees tell you the truth: there are the low-level-educated refugees as well as doctors, nurses, etc. The only associational factor is an intense intent to leave their home country, and if they have to walk hundreds of kilometers (what many did!), they would do so.

MOST of those I see are familys with small children. Births have happened as they arrived in Germany, some earlier.

To all who want to spread (their own?) fear and uncertainty: Stop it. You are thousands of kilometers away and have no other news-source than MSM or your favorite websites, which are whispering their lies and intentions and agendas in your ears.

The refugees will come, and any time someone tried to stop them with fences or stopping trains, this simply didn't work.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
I think I added it while you were typing in all fairness. ..nothing slippery about me.lol. but before this gets personal for some reason I did understand your post just not how it was applied to my response.

All I can say what is the difference between turkey suggesting that England should take all the refugees and receive aid from all the other countries cos we have policies in place to cater for some refugees.
My point being it is not up to us to decide which country they should go to. I know geographically it is easier but the concept remains the same.

I don't like arguing with fellow British people on this site that aren't hateful or willfully ignorant so I ask you politely not to get personal please. Just cos we don't agree doesn't mean we should have these types of discussions.

To think this all started with me saying they are doing the right thing, on a human level...lol

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

To those Germans who encouraged folk to pay people smugglers for a dangerous crossing over the Med' instead of providing massive resources to Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan to look after them safely in the region, I say you were wrong.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

It's cool fella, only ever about the debate at hand with me, not the person.
I've just always said (in every similar thread) that the people are already in places like Turkey, it is not a war zone, British people are on holiday there right now, and the EU massively funding Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan to care for those people (already there) was a better move than encouraging them to cross the Med' via people smugglers.

Germany #ed up.
Hopefully now we'll all help those people in the region instead of encouraging them to spend their money risking their lives.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

Merkel promised, she would take up to 800.000 refugees till the end of this Year.

Like I said the welfare program can't be cut, because there is no other way for all this masses to survive in Germany otherwise. Which is why they chose Germany

I understand, will she be able to keep that promise?

Can you imagine 800,000 more?

And more, and more, they will keep coming.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Good Lord! Look at the pictures of this tent city place!

www.amusingplanet.com...

This would be such a blessing for the Syrians! Temporary, but it would at least get them out of the elements until further arrangements can be figured out.

eta: credit to anxiouswens for finding this.

Yes, I saw that they other day.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Merkel promised, she would take up to 800.000 refugees till the end of this Year.

Like I said the welfare program can't be cut, because there is no other way for all this masses to survive in Germany otherwise. Which is why they chose Germany

I don't want to imagine 800.000 more, since nobody can cope with a percentage of that right now.
Yes, they will keep coming, but I think, something bad is going to happen very soon.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Can you absorb 800,000 more this year when they are saying they are at the breaking point and overwhelmed with 13?

The problem is this is a fiasco that hasn't been handled right

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I don't want to imagine 800.000 more, since nobody can cope with a percentage of that right now.
Yes, they will keep coming, but I think, something bad is going to happen very soon.

I can't argue with that.

Gin

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Her keeping that promise would be a miracle as it is already going bad there right now. I can imagine Mama Merkel & Schulz and co threatening rest of the EU to take these poor "refugees" in or get hit with sanctions.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Someone has just commented on another forum I belong to that actually Merkel has pulled a blinder. She has invited thousands of migrants over saying they will be welcome in Germany. She had thought that other countries would follow her lead and also open their arms to the migrants. Since countries such as Hungary, Italy, Greece, Austria haven't been very open to the idea of taking their fair share she has now decided to stop all trains to Germany and temporarily bring back borders. So now all the migrants are scattered over several different countries. Hence the migrants have become their problem whether they wanted it or not!

In a separate news article there was a photograph of refugees carrying ISIS flags fighting with Police in Germany. It was on conservativepost.com but I don't know how to upload photographs etc, links on here so forgive me.

Gin

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This happens when you give sympathy total control over understanding the facts. Those drowned kids that got into front page news had been living in Turkey for 3 years with their family, till their father decided it was time to move to another country where he could take better care of his dental problems. Not sure should I laugh or cry when he blamed Canada for the whole ordeal.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

For links, just copy and paste the url into the thread. It should become a live link. : )

Er, I just looked at that site and it is obviously frightfully propagandized. Not a reliable source for those who want an honest depiction of what's going on. Just sayin'.

edit on 9/13/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gin
This happens when you give sympathy total control over understanding the facts. Those drowned kids that got into front page news had been living in Turkey for 3 years with their family, till their father decided it was time to move to another country where he could take better care of his dental problems. Not sure should I laugh or cry when he blamed Canada for the whole ordeal.
Agreed.
I was rather shocked at how many people lost their reasoning skills after that single image.
ATS felt a little like facebook.

The sad irony is that all those emotional folk wanting the EU to "Let them in! Think of the children!!!" didn't consider that the policy as carried out by Germany only encouraged more to risk their lives, and the lives of their children.

Massive funding/resources to Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan would have saved many more lives, but that was too sensible for the emotional types.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thanks. I'm not sure about the site if I am being perfectly honest it popped up in a message to me. It does seem to be the talking point though on an awful lot of forums which are usually quite reliable. Some are saying this may be the reason why there has been a dramatic change of heart. The Germans know something!a reply to: angeldoll

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just wait till the different muslim sects really start infighting

They think its bad now......

its about to get much much worse

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join