It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugee crisis: How Germany rose to the occasion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
LINK

I would imagine the Fuhrer is rolling over in his grave now that the German republic is turning out to be the most generous European country in accepting immigrants in dire need of a new homeland.

Indeed kudos to the German people for their immense generosity and contribution to humanity…
Of course Germany gets something out of this and that is likely good citizens since it is known that most of these Syrian refugees are upstanding middle class people, doctors, lawyers, technicians the top of the worker class

Germany obviously has done its homework and knows this fact. Also Germany has a depleted work force apparently and a low birth rate therefore the infusion of younger middle class vibrant and enthusiastic to contribute to Germany.

Or maybe something more sinister is behind this…more on that later below

Germany needs more people. It has the lowest birthrate in the world, 8.2 births for every 1,000 people, according to the Kiel Institute for the World Economy. At the same, time life expectancy is soaring -- 84 for women and 88 for men -- and Germany is desperate for workers to boost its aging and shrinking population.

Of course there are detractors in Germany who think this is a mistake

Despite the overwhelmingly warm welcome to refugees from many Germans, there is also an undeniable segment of society that is fearful and angry about the influx.

"We cannot take in all the refugees coming from all the different countries of the world," said Horst Seehofer, president of the Christian Social Union, the sister party to Merkel's Christian Democrats. "No society can withstand this permanently -- we can help, but we need to be fair."

On the day that Merkel announced her plan to tackle the crisis, a fire burned down a shelter housing 80 refugees near Stuttgart. The blaze started at around 2 a.m. and took more than 100 firefighters to get under control. Five refugees were brought to the hospital for smoke inhalation, and the entire building is now uninhabitable

Of course there may be a sinister reason for this quick acceptance by Germany to take in these refugees and that has to do with the fact that NATO has ordained the destruction of many Arab countries and Germany's part may have been in this plan to be the member to take in the expected Arab refugees who have been displaced through these NATO generated wars in the ME.

Germany has had little participation militarily in this NATO plot so now since the tragic and expected ramifications of NATO'S sinister actions are coming to fore Germany--as was pre-planned--has to do its share.

WillTell

edit on 13-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Germany yet again leading the planet. They have helped alot of countries. Just hearing now on the news they accepted 13,000 just yesterday and have no established border controls, suggesting the demand far exceeded their capabilities. It's a shame cos they are doing the right thing, the problem is European countries are not willing to do the same.
If only we as humans could revert to a more empathetic theory of mind.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Have you yet read the article concerning Saudi Arabia's willingness to help Germany? Yes, they will not take in any refugees, but Saudi Arabia is willing to offer the building and creation of 200 new mosques tfor the newcomers..

Leaves me with chills..

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Dirty little secret: Germany needs warm bodies to work to prop up their entitlement state. They are in the midst of a generational crisis with not enough children to support their aging population. Merkel is banking on the refugees to fill in that gap. She has fully acknowledged that this will change Germany as Germans know it. How regular Germans feel about it has not been reported on much.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Have you not seen the news yet? Germany is reintroducing border controls because too many people came over the weekend.
They #ed up (as I predicted in other threads) and only encouraged more people to risk their lives crossing the Med'.
Now they can't cope and the border controls are coming back, first time in many years.

Should have just helped the folk in the region in Turkey, Jordan etc.
All those folk on ATS who disagreed that Germany's unilateral action would lead to an exodus have been pretty much proven wrong. Germany dropped the ball, foolishly.

...should have just helped the people in the region instead of encouraging the exodus. Stupid stupid move.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Doing the right thing is often stupid, but still right on a moral level.

If more nations were as great as Germany has become the problem would be less damaging to one nation.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

If more nations were as great as Germany has become the problem would be less damaging to one nation.

OK, let's examine that.

I can laud Germany's impulse on the emotional level, but did they think it through? Look at the chaos they caused to all those other countries now overwhelmed with desperate refugees. You want to give them a pass because their intentions were good, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Germany said, "Well come here." and they provided no means to realistically bring those people there and way more people than they wanted came. Now you have tons of frightened, angry, hungry, desperate people who have nowhere to go who are a major problem for everyone because not everyone around Germany was OK with the situation.

And now everyone is mad at those countries and NOT Germany who sort of created the problem to begin with with their poorly thought out invitation and appeal.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yep, Germany is closing its borders. They messed up bad. Munich is overrun. They have 4000 troops on standby and 28000 police going to close the borders. There are nearly 100 000 refugees expected soon.

Merkel has screwed up and realised they have nowhere to put these refugees.

Germany closing borders
Now they are there, there is nothing they can do. The public are outraged as are their Army commanders.

Thanks to her there are thousands stranded in Austria, Italy (where I am) refuse to take any until they work out what to do with the 100 000 plus refugees here.

What a mess, the weather here has turned today. Worse storms in years and these refugees are out in the cold with nowhere to go.

Way to go Merkel you silly woman.

Italy is full, Germany is full, Greece is full, Austria is full. Sweeden is nearly full. Its ok trying to do the right thing but these refugees, who a lot came because of Merkel, are stuck in the open. Massive thunderstorms and floods expected throughout southern EU the next few days.
edit on 13-9-2015 by brancolinoxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

What is so immoral about supporting these people in safe places like Turkey?
I've said many times I'd be happy for an extra 1% on income tax to pay for it, that would raise £5.5 Billion from the UK alone, would provide excellent conditions for people in the region.

No, too many people think that the only answer is to move everyone to the EU, absolutely ridiculous. There are other options, and if anything it was immoral to say to people "Make the dangerous crossing over the Med' and we'll take you in" - that encouraged more folk to risk their lives.

Turkey is not a war zone, British people are on holiday there right now as I type this.
EU nations could have supported the folk in Turkey. Germany #ed up.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Germany passes Japan to have world's lowest birth rate - study

www.bbc.co.uk...

-Mr Probst said the country would need young immigrant workers to fill the significant skills gap. And more women were needed in the workforce to avoid economic problems.

Yeah the Germans are a very kind race.....

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Germany imposes border controls over refugee surge
Berlin reinstates controls at the border with Austria following warnings that the country is stretched to capacity.

Lets see we are going to take 800,000 this year yet, 13,000 have us stretched to capacity, yet they are still coming.

It Begins: Europe Flooded With Reports Of "ISIS Terrorists" Posing As Refugees
www.zerohedge.com...

As crisis escalates, Berlin says refugees can not choose where to live
ca.news.yahoo.com...

Some 13,015 refugees arrived in Munich yesterday alone and 1,400 more are expected to reach the city today - but there are fears it is already at breaking point.
A police spokesman in Munich said: 'Given the numbers from yesterday, it is very clear that we have reached the upper limit of our capacity.'
Federal transport minister Alexander Dobrindt added how 'effective measures are necessary now to stop the influx'.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... r.html#ixzz3ldsoNOKB

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wonder what the lefties and liberals will have to say about this piece of news. When they keep saying it is a European problem and it is our moral obligation they should maybe look at this what I just saw in the Daily Express in the comments section. I would advise people to look it up. Certainly makes you think. Here is the post:-

While all of this goes on and most of our politicians are either in Church or asleep, think on this:

mina - city - of - tents. You'll find it on amusing planet . com.

If you can’t follow the link then just google mina tent city and you’ll find it easily. Take a look and ask your MP and MEP just why Britain are doing so much for the “refugees” (so called) when their arab brothers have an empty city of tents that will house over 3 million people.

Yes, 100,000 tents, each measuring 8m x 8m made from glass fibre, teflon coated to prevent fire and air conditioned and there is even a sprinkler system in case of fire. The tents are segregated into several walled camps and each camp is interconnected by pathways. Each camp is fully equipped with; kitchen, bathrooms and ablution facilities. Each camp is colour coded by country and numbered to help prevent haaji pilgrims from getting lost.

Yes, you have it, this superbly laid out camp is used each time for five days and solely for the Haj season. This is Muslim brotherly love? Not a care, not a fig for the refugees that are 98% Muslim".

So what do people think about this?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's distressing to hear about "five year quotas". I've been thinking the refugees would be able to go back home before then.

Maybe we will have word soon on whether Greece is willing to sell that Island to that Egyptian Billionaire who wants to take care of them on it. He's saying he will build a hospital, school, infrastructure, and employ them to build their own city.

Greece. I wonder..........
edit on 9/13/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

She invited all of them to Germany, promising to take them all in. The situation was already at crisis level but she turned it into a catastrophe by recklessly and illegally over-riding international immigration agreements, and there lies the problem. She didn't discuss nor consult any of the other nation's leaders beforehand and just expected them all to roll over. Now Germany is in danger of being overwhelmed just as Hungary is, but I'll bet Merkel doesn't get the bad press for imposing border controls like Hungary is getting.

And she also wants an 'EU Army', and if Cameron wants her support for his EU re-negotiations, she says she 'expects' him to back an EU Army. Who does she think she is, the Fourth Reich or something?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

German chancellor will ask UK to stand aside as she promotes ambitious plan to integrate continental Europe’s armed forces, The Telegraph has been told

How can an EU Army ever hope to work together efficiently when none of the member nations can even agree on the refugee situation?

I don't trust that Merkel woman one bit.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
It's distressing to hear about "five year quotas". I've been thinking the refugees would be able to go back home before then.

Maybe we will have word soon on whether Greece is willing to sell that Island to that Egyptian Billionaire who wants to take care of them on it. He's saying he will build a hospital, school, infrastructure, and employ them to build their own city.

Greece. I wonder..........

What's there to wonder? Why should Greece "sell" an Island, when there's plenty of space in Egypt itself, or Saudi Arabia and Dubai for that matter?

Don't confuse Greece with an apartment complex, where you can just buy some space, just because it is in a financial crisis.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I had a discussion on here a couple of weeks with a member called ManfromEurope. He was a German and seemed to think Germany was doing the right thing. Telling me it was the UK who was terrible for not assisting in taking in refugees from Europe. I had quite a lengthy discussion with him. Said why did Germany think it was OK to ask all the refugees to come to them when a lot of the neighbouring countries such as Hungary etc didn't agree with the policy but were the ones suffering because of it. He never came back to reply but I would love to know what he has to say now if he is reading this!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

According to what I read this morning (sorry don't remember where, I've been reading all morning) Greece is selling off properties like hot cakes, and the U.S. is buying up plenty, or so they said. At reduced rates.

I'll go into my history and see if I can find it, if you are really interested though.

But I agree with you.... There is another Island off the coast of Italy he is looking at also. Hasn't been given an answer by either country yet. Since it's those countries territories, they will have to 'host' the refugees, although this guy is saying all he wants from them is permission to buy the Island, and he will take care of the rest.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

According to what I read this morning (sorry don't remember where, I've been reading all morning) Greece is selling off properties like hot cakes, and the U.S. is buying up plenty, or so they said. At reduced rates.

I'll go into my history and see if I can find it, if you are really interested though.

But I agree with you.... There is another Island off the coast of Italy he is looking at also. Hasn't been given an answer by either country yet. Since it's those countries territories, they will have to 'host' the refugees, although this guy is saying all he wants from them is permission to buy the Island, and he will take care of the rest.

Yes if you could find that link.

Those "refugees" are going to countries like Germany because of its welfare program. They're not going to be shipped to an island to work. If that would be the case, they could have gone to their neighbouring countries, which they didn't.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Fair point. But even without the "invitation" they would have travelled to other European countries, especially France and England. I agree that they have help concentrate the immigration in that region causing other countries problems but I don't believe they created the movement and increased its numbers. I don't know how else they could have done it? Should they have provided transport through these countries and illegally allow them to enter these zones without processing? Should they not try to help these people because of administration reasons? By Britain allowing immigrants/refugees into the country are we being irresponsible because they would have to travel through another country to get here? I can't see how it is avoidable so unfortunately I can only attribute it as a by product of doing the right thing, sorry. That perspective can be applied to almost anything in life .

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Still looking!

Didn't find the exact thing I read earlier (which includes the U.S. as a buyer, but found this quite shocking:

The billionaire emir of Qatar has just finalized the purchase of six Greek islands and a Russian oligarch bought the island of Skorpios for $100m, as a birthday present for his daughter.

The sell-off has caused fury among sections of the Greek public and its opposition parties, who say more private-public partnerships should have been entered in to, to prevent the loss of so much of Greece's territory and ancient culture.

www.metro.us...

This is upsetting.
(I put "Greece sells properties" in google and it brought up tons of articles if you want more info.)

edit on 9/13/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join