It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"IN GOD WE TRUST..." on Police cars !?!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Probably not, but I do know the reasoning behind this.

And yes Beez they can vote him out.

But doesn't change that he did this on his own right?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
You know the reasoning behind what? It was a simple question, not a sly one. Does it change anything that he did this on his own?

-> No, it doesn´t, the third time now.

edit on 7-9-2015 by verschickter because: damn line breaking again

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The reasoning behind putting the 'in god we trust' decals on.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Probably not, but I do know the reasoning behind this.

And yes Beez they can vote him out.

But doesn't change that he did this on his own right?

Sure. Wonder if he will be voted out or everyone else will start a #HateThePeopleWhoVotedForHim Campaign.

lolz

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
Do you think there is any connection to the latest psalm issue with the guy who engraves the psalms on his riffles?
A trend or something?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Oh they SPECIALIZE in petty,taking down nativity scenes by court order whenever they can demanding crosses be removed from veterans memorials, slamming ANY public Christian displays ...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

ANY public Christian displays ..

...which are supported by the government. Yes. Because Christian displays indicate the promotion of a particular religion. Which is not the purview of the government.

In this case, no particular religion is being supported. However, in the case of the sheriff, he is using official vehicles to spread his personal point of view. Also not kosher.

edit on 9/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

The 1st Amendment isn't about forbidding Congress to pick ONE religion, above another, to support. Congress (The Government) is forbidden to establish ANY and ALL religion!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

How does that harmonize with "In God we trust" then?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Congress (The Government) is forbidden to establish ANY and ALL religion!

There is no official religion. I don't see "all" in there though. Did you make that up?
There are no laws establishing any or all. Are there? Can you cite one?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
God.

You just read the word God. Do you feel like I promoted a religion to you?

If you said no, then there really shouldn't be a problem with that word being anywhere, including on a squad car. If you said yes, you are wrong. It is a one word sentence, a noun. No verb. No action. 'It' didn't do anything. If you felt a compulsion it originated in you, not the word you read. And if you said yes, which one?

In God We Trust.

'We' is a select group, not everyone. Were you invited? Are you part of "We", or are you crashing their party then complaining about the food?

If 'We' is everyone, then 'God' must be a choice, since there are so many versions of religion and each has some supreme being(s) at the top of the food chain. So 'God' is a variable to which you assign a value of your choice. If you are offended by it, I have to ask why you chose to offended yourself. Why not fill in the variable with something that does not offend you? Yes, the variable can be null, if you choose to make it so.

Why choose to be offended, which by its very nature is on a personal level, then present it as your battle against tyranny for the greater good of the people when it is clear that the people do not always share your opinion and do not want you to speak for them or defend your choice to be offended on their behalf?

When I see the words "In God We Trust" it does not make me feel compelled to believe in something. It does not threaten my right to choose. It does not bother me that someone else chooses to believe. It does not tell me what I can or cant believe. It only reminds me of my own belief. And I will never find that offensive.

If it said 'Trust In God', different story altogether. If it said 'In God We Trust and You Will Too', that's a different story. But it doesn't.

If you drive by town hall wherever you live in the Christmas season, see a nativity scene, and are offended by it and think it should be taken down - you are not protecting yourself or anyone else from religious tyranny. You ARE religious tyranny and people should be protected from you.

Serious question: is every person who says "I believe" promoting religion?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You know calling things manufactured outrage is a form of distraction. It is an attempt to belittle the people who are taking issue.

Why do you need to get outraged that people are outraged?

because it IS manufactured

Tell me , even if this were in YOUR town, how does this affect YOUR LIFE at all?

How does what he has on a patrol care affect ANYTHING you do?

Answer?

It doesnt........

So yes its manufactured outrage, it doesnt hurt anyone, it doesnt even come up with a number, on the scale of things going on in this country that are causing us to go down the tubes........

Yes its manufactured.....

How do you guys even go outside being offended by so much anymore?

I cant imagine how yall function

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Tell me , even if this were in YOUR town, how does this affect YOUR LIFE at all?

Sheriffs are not elected to make policy decisions at all, much less those based on their personal sensibilities.
learn.org...

Yes, the paint job of a car is a small thing. I don't like elected officials overstepping their bounds.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Sheriffs are not elected to make policy decisions at all, much less those based on their personal sensibilities.
learn.org...

Yes, the paint job of a car is a small thing. I don't like elected officials overstepping their bounds.

And yet look at our government, if people got as worked up over our government and elected officials over stepping their bounds, as they are about a Cop car having "In God we Trust" on it, then we probably wouldnt be in the position we are in....

Again......it affects nothing........

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

God is a religious figure/deity. You seem to have been saying that, because the title "God" encompasses more than one religion, that one particular religion isn't being endorsed, therefore, the "motto" on government vehicles is not a violation of the 1st Amendment. I'm saying that the First Amendment doesn't make that distinction.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

"No law respecting an establishment of religion", it doesn't say respect of A particular religion. It doesn't matter how many religions the "government" wants to establish, none are allowed, whether we're talking one of them or all of them.

edit on 7-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

And yet look at our government, if people got as worked up over our government and elected officials over stepping their bounds, as they are about a Cop car having "In God we Trust" on it, then we probably wouldnt be in the position we are in....

Yup people often get worked up over the darnedest things.

BTW, I'm not really worked up about it. But if that were my county I might be looking for alternatives next election.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yup people often get worked up over the darnedest things.

BTW, I'm not really worked up about it. But if that were my county I might be looking for alternatives next election.

I know youre not, youve been a voice of balance on the issue

I dont agree with overstepping bounds either, and I dont necessarily agree with him putting it on his car for the simple fact that this sort of thing happens, and its unecessary....

Honestly if he put on there "Allah akbhar" it really wouldnt affect me in any way, shape or form...

I just get tired of the people who are perpetually offended by things, we seriously have become a Nation of titty babies, who lack backbone anymore.

Anyway sorry for my rants, thanks for the civil discourse Phage

heres one on me brother

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Would you be offended if, I proposed a compromise..."In Dog We Trust."

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Authoritarians and God
go together like peanut butter and jelly.

It's just that they don't take comfort in the same God as you and I do.

:-)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Authoritarians and God
go together like peanut butter and jelly.

It's just that they don't take comfort in the same God as you and I do.

:-)

are you really equating what this guy put on a patrol car to nazis?

I swear weve lost all damn common sense in this country

PS to further invalidate your statement,

The swastika is actually Indian and was used LONG before the nazis sooooooo yeah
edit on 9/7/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join