It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"IN GOD WE TRUST..." on Police cars !?!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have known and socialized with a good number of cops...COPS ARE NOT THE ISSUE. If anyone employed by a gov't entity wants to tattoo a golden crucifix on their chest and wear a t-shirt with the Superman Logo on the front AND "In God We Trust" on the back...More POWER to them; just keep the religious sentiment UNDER the official uniform.

a reply to: Vroomfondel

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I find it offensive this man is using his gov power to push religion. Kinda like sharia law.

Ya only the left uses distraction.... please.
Yet we have the right that won't stop talking about Kim Davis as some Christian martyr.
Or blindinly blaming people for actions they had nothing to do with.

And talking about this doesn't take away from other issues. We are adults, we can discuss more then one thing.

how is he pushing any religion?

Is he out there standing over people threatening to take them to jail if they dont believe whats written on the cop car?

Give me a break.........

Manufactured outrage about a non issue........

Honestly if youre offended by this, then you have other issues to deal with.......

Im sick of the people in the US acting like babies, its time to grow a pair and stop being a bunch of damn perpetually offended cry babies.....
edit on 9/7/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/7/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Im sick of the people in the US acting like babies, its time to grow a pair and stop being a bunch of damn perpetually offended cry babies.....

Like this sheriff, who's whining and complaining about his religious rights being trampled. LMAO

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Im sick of the people in the US acting like babies, its time to grow a pair and stop being a bunch of damn perpetually offended cry babies

We aren't the ones running around flashing our bling and tagging up tax payer property to prove we're part of the club.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."

It´s in your anthem USA, why wonder when it´s on your police cars?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

As has been pointed out "God" does not denote any particular religion. Nor does the motto on the vehicles. There really is no problem with the Constitution as far as that goes.

The trouble is, the sheriff has made clear why he placed the motto on the cars. It was for personal reasons. The trouble is, official vehicles should not be billboards for personal statement, no matter what they are.

edit on 9/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Of course it should not be the billboard for his personal agenda. But then, after that it still is in the anthem. It was to show some people who asked "what if the cop is atheist?" That they should be offended by their anthem, too. (edit: the atheist cop in theory)

I also wondered that I was the first one to point that out, as a foreigner.
edit on 7-9-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

How Is he not? He said he is doing this because he is tired of seeing his beliefs stepped on.

That is pushing personal belief with gov property.

You are the only one crying, you are crying about people taking issue with this.

I can take issue with whatever I please and do so with out being a 'cry baby'.
I'm not really offended, just said that because you did.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You know calling things manufactured outrage is a form of distraction. It is an attempt to belittle the people who are taking issue.

Why do you need to get outraged that people are outraged?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I also wondered that I was the first one to point that out, as a foreigner.

Maybe because, in the US, we are aware of the motto. Since it appears on our currency. Since it was also contained in the OP. It sort of goes without saying.

It is not a legal issue at all, except in the case of sheriff taking it upon himself to express his particular point of view. If the city (or county) government decides it, its one thing. If one man does, it's another. They are not his cars.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
But not everyone it seems, looking at the thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure they're aware of it.

It just doesn't help their argument that "In God We Trust" supports a particular religion. It doesn't. That's why it's still the motto.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
True. It doesn´t. On the other hand, those could argue there are religions with several Gods.
Some people will find every reason to be offended, some just don´t care about it or have enough self-esteem to look over it.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Some people will find every reason to be offended, some just don´t care about it or have enough self-esteem to look over it.

Yes.

It is not the message which offends me.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Dance bunny DANCE!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yeah I got that the first time you explained it to me.
What you quoted from me, was not about you, it was about "them", the ones who argue the god point.

Edit: Ok, the paragraph is confusing, it reads like an external statement. My fault, I often break lines by myself and it wrecks up the paragraphs.

edit on 7-9-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What a wonderful thing! Law enforcement should be held accountable, and who better than the Almighty himself. Accountability is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Exactly, I am not offended at all about the words.
It is on my money too and I couldn't care less.

It is the mans reasoning that grinds my gear.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

If you saw that car, without knowing the reasoning of that guy, would you waste any time on it?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I may be wrong (I often am) but isn't the position an elected one?

If the people don't like it, they can vote the guy out and put crayon drawings of dinosaurs on the cop cars.

Or we can all make wee in our pants.

Dunno.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join