It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"IN GOD WE TRUST..." on Police cars !?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Phage

No. They don't. Christians in Iran don't worship Allah.

Iran isn't Arab.

LOL

So, you're saying that Muslims in Iran don't worship a deity named Allah?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

We never use allâh neither in spoken nor in written Persian. We have xodâ for it as well as xodâvand and some other synonyms usually used in poetry e.g. parvardegâr, kerdegâr, âfarinande, âfaridegâr

So we only say xodâ-hâfez and also xodâ-negahdâr.

forum.wordreference.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
God could mean anyone's God and for those who don't believe in a God, so what, it isn't hurting anyone. People make the biggest deal out of nothing at all.

by design, to distract away from the real issues

people talk about others being sheep

I laugh at this as I watch those same people get pissed off about whatever inanimate object the MSM tells them to be pissed about

Meanwhile Rome Burns

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Hashbrowntag:CecilTheLionGodOnCopCars

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Honestly there are bigger things to worry about than what is written across a police car.

The separation of C&S is important.
But this seems petty.

I don't think it's petty at all, Charlie. Next we'll have the ten commandments at the court house. Oh wait...

edit on 9/7/2015 by Klassified because: add jpg

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Iran isn't Arab.

LOL

LOL

Khuda or Khoda (Persian: خدا‎) is the Iranian word for "Lord" or "God". Formerly, it was used in reference to Ahura Mazda (the god of Zoroastrianism) and today for God in Islam by only the Iranian, Kurdish and Afghan speakers, and as a loanword in Bengali, Urdu, Sindhi, Hindi and several South Asian languages.

Khuda

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sorry, I was being facetious. I don't think government should project any religious sentiment.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

No. They don't. Christians in Iran don't worship Allah.

Iran isn't Arab.

LOL

Just saying that Iranian words would be Persian, not Arabian.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
God could mean anyone's God and for those who don't believe in a God, so what, it isn't hurting anyone. People make the biggest deal out of nothing at all.

But that is exactly the point. If it can mean anyone's God and for those with no god it doesn't have meaning at all then essentially it's just meaningless period.

So why waste public funding toward it??? It doesn't serve anyone's interest not does it serve everyone's interest yet it's funded by everyone. That makes no sense. Best thing to do is not to waste any resources at all for it because it meaningless or at best means whatever you choose.

Simply not hurting anyone isn't justification enough to spend public resources on it. It doesn't help anyone either so why bother with it at all.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Nor should a single public official take it upon himself to project any sentiment by using official vehicles.

edit on 9/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Honestly there are bigger things to worry about than what is written across a police car.

But this seems petty.

I don't think it's petty at all, Charlie. Next we'll have the ten commandments at the court house. Oh wait...

Read on:
www.koco.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Exactly. It's a patrol car not a podium.
edit on 9/7/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

"God" is an english word for a concept. A concept common to many religions, not exclusively Judeo-Christian.

God is an English word for the Judeo-Christian deity.

Inregards to the Baha'i using the name God.

The largest Abrahamic religions in chronological order of founding are Judaism (1st millennium BC), Christianity (1st century AD), Islam (7th century AD) and the Bahá'í Faith (19th century AD).

The Baha'i faith was founded in the mid-19th century C.E. in Iran. In 1844 Siyyid ‘Ali Mohammad, a Shiite Muslim, proclaimed that he was "the Bab," "the Gate," a special sort of interpreter of the Quran with special religious insight and prophetic abilities; he was the "Hidden Imam.

www.patheos.com...

The Baha'i worship the same God as Judeo-Christians. That why it has the same name.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The Baha'i worship the same God as Judeo-Christians.

Maybe you should have started with Abrahamic instead of Judeo-Christian then.

That why it has the same name.

Yes, because, according to them, there is only one god. But the name used depends upon the language used.

The Abrahamic religions are not the same. Saying "God" does not invoke any particular religion.
There are, btw, monotheistic religions which do not entail the Abrahamic God.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Klassified

But this seems petty.

Read on:
www.koco.com...

That is one rich article, there. Lol. Local government in the bible belt at its finest.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
]originally posted by: Sremmos80

Gary Parsons, the sheriff in Lee County in Virginia, said his office spent a total of $50 to have the decals added to about 25 vehicles. He said many people feel their belief system is being trampled and that adding the phrase is a way of pushing back.
"It's not only a symbol of moral values but also a symbol of patriotism," he said.

This is what scares me.
Equating religion to patriotism.

Also saying this is a response of religious beliefs getting trampled.

It is not his place to use police cars to push back on those personal opinions.

Exactly! The Sheriff has made it clear that he's promoting HIS god, HIS religion, HIS agenda through these godly decals.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The Sheriff has made it clear that he's promoting HIS god, HIS religion, HIS agenda through these godly decals.

Doesn't matter what the message is.
It's not right for him to use official vehicles to promote it.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I find it offensive this man is using his gov power to push religion. Kinda like sharia law.

Ya only the left uses distraction.... please.
Yet we have the right that won't stop talking about Kim Davis as some Christian martyr.
Or blindinly blaming people for actions they had nothing to do with.

And talking about this doesn't take away from other issues. We are adults, we can discuss more then one thing.
edit on thMon, 07 Sep 2015 15:03:01 -0500America/Chicago920150180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I don't care what you wear. I care when it a police department pushing personal religious beliefs and using it as a political statement.

Think that is the part that is getting over looked. This guy thinks his religious values are getting stepped on so he decided to put the decals on. Which would be fine if it was his car, but it's not.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Hashbrowntag:CecilTheLionGodOnCopCars

LoL spot on

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join