It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"IN GOD WE TRUST..." on Police cars !?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I agree the police officers have enough things to worry about in/on their respective shifts...leave the religious sentiment off the cars and uniforms.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Believing and promoting are two different things. Government is prohibited from establishing a religion but its employees are not prohibited from believing in one.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: windword

Lol really?

God = Christian lol lol.

Judeo-Christian. What other religions invoke a deity named "God"?

edit on 7-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here's one

God is a concept, not a name.

edit on 9/7/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

a reply to: Phage

Look, I live in America and speak English. Yet when I converse with Muslims, in America, and not on ATS either, in the workplace, on neighborhood boards, etc., my Muslim friends and acquaintances always refer to Allah.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

So what?
I use French words sometimes. I even use Hawaiian words sometimes. The words mean the same thing no matter which language is use.

God has many names, but according to those who believe, they all mean the same thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Here's one

It is in the Bible.

And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

23 Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: fshrrex
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I agree the police officers have enough things to worry about in/on their respective shifts...leave the religious sentiment off the cars and uniforms.

I read your post and agreed with it. Then I thought about it a little more and came to a conclusion. With cops getting assassinated every week, nearly every day, maybe they need to trust in God right now. If I walked out the door with a bulls eye on me every day I would want to trust in something bigger too...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Phage
Here's one

It is in the Bible.

And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

23 Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

www.allaboutgod.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

No. They don't. Christians in Iran don't worship Allah.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Really? Are you going to go through all the names of "God", when a police officer is harassing you, saying "I trust God, Boy, who do you trust?"

"Why you officer"

"Damned right, Boy, I trust God, you trust me!"

edit on 7-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: fshrrex

I think the best argument against having that slogan used in the public domain is "who's God are you talking about?"

It's not even pointing out the fact that such and such percentage is non religious. Because first of all, they don't give a damn about the non-religious anyway so that argument is easily dismissed as pointless, even though it shouldn't be.

However, if you point out that "In God We Trust" to a Christian is in direct opposition to "In God We Trust" to a Satanist, I think that works better and is a more acceptable argument.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Believing and promoting are two different things. Government is prohibited from establishing a religion but its employees are not prohibited from believing in one.

Lol I think thats what i said

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No. They don't. Christians in Iran don't worship Allah.

Iran isn't Arab.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I read your post and agreed with it. Then I thought about it a little more and came to a conclusion. With cops getting assassinated every week, nearly every day, maybe they need to trust in God right now. If I walked out the door with a bulls eye on me every day I would want to trust in something bigger too...

They can trust in God all they want, nobody is stopping them. At the same time just because it's painted on their car doesn't mean they are or are not trusting in God. Their personal perspective and what is painted on their car aren't in any way subject to one another.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Really? Are you going to go through all the names of "God", when a police officer is harassing you, saying "I trust God, Boy, who do you trust?"

No. I wouldn't say that because I don't believe in God.
The point is, "God" is an english word for a concept. A concept common to many religions, not exclusively Judeo-Christian.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Where's the cop cars saying "and it harm none"?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
God could mean anyone's God and for those who don't believe in a God, so what, it isn't hurting anyone. People make the biggest deal out of nothing at all.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Where's the cop cars saying "and it harm none"?

Now we're talking a God and Goddess. LOL Hey, if it harms none I'll go for it!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join