It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: Transgender Illegal Immigrant Felon Can't Be Deported

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Made me sad this thread.
What happened to empathy or compassion for your fellow man?.
I find it sickening people would send her back knowing she will be tortured.
Lets hope no one here needs to apply for refugee status.

edit on 6-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think Trump had the right idea about this transition. We should deport them to Mexico and build a wall around it so that they can't get back out. Then we could build a dome over America with Turrents and stuff. Yes the drones of course. There will be drones just everywhere so many drones. They will blow up caves and stuff.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

If Trump gets in the rest of the world will be walling you in.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Made me sad this thread.
What happened to empathy or compassion for your fellow man?.
I find it sickening people would send her back knowing she will be tortured.
Lets hope no one here needs to apply for refugee status.

I have less empathy for someone that chose to break the law and was convicted of felonies. If he doesn't want to be tortured he could pretend to be a man...which he is after all.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Is transgendered the new group to hate on? now gay folk have gotten their rights?.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
A transvestite is: "A person who dresses in a style or manner traditionally associated with the opposite sex."
A transsexual is: "A person who permanently acts the part of and completely identifies with the opposite sex."
source: www.thefreedictionary.com

I truly wanted to stay out of this conversation and this is only secondary to the immigration issue and this particular case but when I see misinformation spread about trans issues and things like the incorrect definitions as quoted above, I feel compelled to correct it. I am making no comments on people's opinion or mistaken or inaccurate beliefs about trans* people, that's been covered plenty in multiple recent threads but language matters.

"Transgender" is a politically expedient, broad spectrum umbrella term encompassing a wide rage of gender non-conforming behaviors including but not limited to cross-dressers, transvestism (which is considered erotic fetishism), drag queens and those that may live or present as the opposite gender from their sex assigned at birth who may or may not seek somatic feminization through hormone therapy and surgical procedures such as breast augmentation. Not all, and only a small percentage of transgender people are transsexual.

"Transsexual" has fallen from the popular lexicon except in medical and scientific research communities where it is specifically used to indicate someone that has undergone or is on a near term track to have genital sex reassignment surgery. It is specific and not an umbrella term and should not be used unless a person uses it to describes themselves or their experience.

In the case where an individual presents or lives in the gender opposite from their assigned sex at birth, it is considered in very poor taste, politically incorrect and extremely rude to inquire about the status of their genitalia so they should be referred to as transgender.

Transgender is an adjective and not a noun so rather than "transgenders" or "transgendered", it is preferable to use transgender man, transgender woman or transgender people. Shortening these to trans man or trans woman (transman, transwoman) is acceptable. "Transgenderism" is not a thing but is used by the transphobic and anti-trans detractors as a term of derision. "Tranny" is considered a derogatory slur comparable to using the n-word or faggot.

Regardless of your opinion or lack of respect and understanding for these groups, this is ATS and our motto is deny ignorance. Let's try to raise of our level of enlightenment and at least use use more appropriate terminology when discussing these matters.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Vroomfondel

But somewhere down the line, someone will look at this event and think they can use it to their advantage.

Yes I agree, and I would bet this isn't the first one to do it.
So it would be debatable that this incident opened the door.

We don't know how these court proceedings went down, what proof was required and how it was vetted.
So we don't know what door was opened with out knowing that.

That is probably true. Its the first I have heard of, but that doesn't mean its the first time it ever happened. Each time it gets publicized, it informs more people who would seek to use it as a deception that there is another approach they haven't tried yet. Nothing is guaranteed except the fact that illegal aliens will apparently take just about any path to citizenship they can find except the legal one. I know it takes a long time and its miles of red tape and bureaucracy, but until the law changes that is what we have to offer.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Being overweight doesn't qualify by todays definition. But tomorrow... maybe. I don't think it was all that long ago that being transgendered didn't qualify either. Not that it wasn't a source of persecution, but it wasn't one that would get you legal citizenship in the US. Now it apparently is, or at least someone is trying to make it so.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Not that it wasn't a source of persecution, but it wasn't one that would get you legal citizenship in the US. Now it apparently is, or at least someone is trying to make it so.

You are conflating things that you have no business conflating.
Asylum does not convey citizenship.

edit on 9/6/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Slippery slope argument.
Doesn't fly.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I have less empathy for someone that chose to break the law and was convicted of felonies. I

Forever?
She was imprisoned for a year and deported for her crimes. In 2007.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Is transgendered the new group to hate on? now gay folk have gotten their rights?.

This person has broken the law. That is the issue. Now you think we should give this person a special exemption and special treatment because they are transgender. I don't think that is right.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Now you think we should give this person a special exemption and special treatment because they are transgender.

It's a good thing that isn't happening!

You don't have to be trans to get refugee status.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Court: Transgender Illegal Immigrant Felon Can't Be Deported

Yes they can . Only under the UNs "International Law" can they not.I would hope the sovereign Federal Laws of this nation would trump the so called "International Laws"

Or , how much power has been delivered over to the comedy team of the UN ?
edit on 6-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Only under the UNs "International Law" can they not

You enjoy making stuff up, don't you?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I think it would be far more accurate to say that you want to live in a country where the laws can be applied to EVERYONE...as you see fit. All those laws you go around breaking every day? Imagine if you suddenly were to be held accountable for them, all at one time...I think your passion on the subject would take a substantial nosedive in that case.

Well thank you for telling me what I think. I had no idea, and held accountable for what ?

I don't go around breaking laws, because I don't think I AM ABOVE THEM unlike some.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think that we should give them guns so that they will be safe.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
I think that we should give them guns so that they will be safe.

Think we should give felons guns ?

That's a tad bit worse than give drunks guns.

We have both in this case.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No I am pretty sure they need a gun thanks for the input though even though you're wrong.
edit on 6-9-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Any evidence or proof of torture? I'm asking or this a situation in which someone's word is being taken?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join