It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: Transgender Illegal Immigrant Felon Can't Be Deported

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Oh ok I apologize. I was very drunk. I don't even remember what I said LOL. Glad we agree. This thread is one of those fearmongering threads.

I'm still giggling over the fact that someone actually somehow thought I was transgender. That will be highly amusing to my transgender friends. I'm not mad, just felt like we were talking in circles...I am extremely sleep deprived, which in many ways is similar to being drunk.

You're right. It's a fearmongering thread. Don't know if that is deliberate or just a symptom of Chicken Little Syndrome, but it's becoming harder and harder to discern the difference these days.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

First of all, why on earth would you make such a blind, silly, baseless, condescending assumption about my (or anyone else's, for that matter) gender?

I don't know why my mistake would be considered condescending, and I thought that I had seen in another thread you shared a story about being transgender, I apparently confused you with someone else. I apologize for that, but it seems a bit rude to consider that condescending. This is a big site, there are a lot of posters, my thinking you were transgender shouldn't have been an insult at all.

I am very much straight and very much female, and I was born that way and wouldn't want to be any other way.

Being transgender doesn't make you gay, you can be straight and transgender. Many would argue that they were in fact born a female, just with the wrong parts.

Your assertion that people being ignorant about the difference between crossdressing and gender reassignment is somehow "detrimental" to anyone's "acceptance" is further proof of that.

No, it's really not. If a bunch of illegals were donning a dress and claiming to be transgender, when in fact they were just cross dressing for political asylum, it would indeed be detrimental to transgender acceptance. I would think that in turn would upset transgender folks who want to be taken seriously. There is a huge difference between a cross dresser and a transgender person, and the idea that a transgender is the same is very much a problem they face in garnering acceptance.

I am aware of what you said. I read it. And I responded to it. I asked you what you meant by "narrative". Who are you talking about? No one is "narrating" anything. This is a typed conversation, not an audio book or presentation, so I have no idea what you're referring to when you say "narrative".

I can't tell if you're being intentionally obtuse or what. The narrative (or story) people use to discredit the legitimacy of transgender people, saying that they are simply a man in a dress, and not a person born with the wrong equipment. If you're not playing dumb, you clearly didn't understand what I said, a problem you seem to be having frequently in this thread.

It would seem that you are the one who is incapable of actually understanding what people are saying to you. Try really paying attention instead of grandstanding.

How am I grandstanding?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

If a bunch of illegals were donning a dress and claiming to be transgender, when in fact they were just cross dressing for political asylum, it would indeed be detrimental to transgender acceptance.

I see your point but... I don't think that would matter as some people already don't accept them and refuse to do so despite evidence. A lot of people accept them anyway so that won't change.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

A lot of people are completely unaware there is a difference. Transgender people can't just switch it off like a crossdresser. If people think that crossdressing is the same as being transgender, and see people only crossdressing for asylum, it's much more likely that they will dismiss a transgender person's desire to be accepted as a woman, instead of a man in a dress (yes, I'm aware there are MTF transgender people, but it's easier to focus on something that seems to bother more people and is more relevant to the OP).

There are far too many people that are completely ignorant, so it does matter. We're not talking about the Democrats or Republicans, we're talking about the undecided voters.

if you think that transgender=crossdresser already (and many do), and you think that crossdresser=liar seeking asylum (which could easily become people's opinion if it started happening all the time), it undercuts the legitimacy of transgender people. IFTT.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

As you can see many posters here on ATS still won't accept them even after many people explaining and giving evidence.

As for those people that are unaware education is the key. I really don't think there are that many people.

I see your point about voters but the federal court has ruled it so there's that. The courts will not be duped by people pretending to be transgender people anyway since they will know their history.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You know what, perhaps I am just misunderstanding you. I'd rather not continue on discussing things this way.

To me it seems you support transgender people, understand that this case was based off of an individuals past treatment in a country, and at the end of the day we both don't want to see someone tortured.

You're right, I shouldn't speak for others. I don't know what they are actually thinking, in my defense I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt to people.

I'm drunk tired too.

We should collaborate and find a way to charge people for working until they get drunk tired.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

To me it seems you support transgender people

Yep they have my 100% support. I know a few of them.

understand that this case was based off of an individuals past treatment in a country, and at the end of the day we both don't want to see someone tortured.

Yep. And it seems that some posters here in this thread don't care if they get tortured.

I'm drunk tired too.

LOL I'm going to have a beer soon

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I think you're thinking I was replying to you. That was aimed at Tiger.

You should share a beer with me though, I will sing you songs if you bring beer.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Because it's the read between the lines message from the clearly Right winged propaganda machine. Innocent with these people isn't even always not accountable, as just idiots, so the conspiracy is the people who continue the misguided message purposefully.

You can roll your eyes, but that IS the message of the content being circulated, and the reason for it's circulation.

Outside of being 'news' -shrug-

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

You know what, perhaps I am just misunderstanding you. I'd rather not continue on discussing things this way.

To me it seems you support transgender people, understand that this case was based off of an individuals past treatment in a country, and at the end of the day we both don't want to see someone tortured.

You're right, I shouldn't speak for others. I don't know what they are actually thinking, in my defense I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt to people.

I'm drunk tired too.

We should collaborate and find a way to charge people for working until they get drunk tired.

That actually summed it up pretty efficiently and concisely, so I can live with that. I don't have much appetite for sparring over this myself. I think we basically agree, just have different ideas about it. I'm not drunk but I probably should be. It's been one hell of a week.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join