It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Maker Creates 'Crusader' Assault Rifle With Bible Verse On It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: Vasa Croe

I mean that particular psalm isn't exactly peaceful, regardless if it is intended for Muslims or not.

No...it's not, but it also isn't out of the norm for a SEAL to have that as a saying/creed for their unit in some fashion.

Like I said. I understand the sentiments coming from a SEAL. I'm more concerned at the demographic this SEAL is marketing the gun too.

I wouldn't be too worried about that....the marketed demographic likely already has plenty of guns. I don't think this is going to make a non-gun owner jump up and feel the need for a gun all of a sudden.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Granted that is likely true for more cases than not, but I still find such a thing concerning. Though by no means do I want to involve the government or anything. I really want to make that clear.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I will leave it up to the Quran to explain why this is a total failure.

Psalms--"We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms," (4:163).

Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (6:34).

Muslims are told in the Quran the Psalms were given to David by Allah and that no one can change the words of Allah.

edit on 3-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

So in other words, you are saying that a Muslim Terrorist who picked that gun up, would likely be inspired by the gun instead of reviled by it? Provided that he speaks English of course.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Isurrender73

So in other words, you are saying that a Muslim Terrorist who picked that gun up, would likely be inspired by the gun instead of reviled by it? Provided that he speaks English of course.

If he has actually read the Quran, yes these words would inspire him.

However many of the extremist teach a different view that comes from the Hadith which directly contradicts the Quran.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Allah akbar! Boom.....
religion of peace

bible verse on a gun.....
hateful bastards!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yea, I had to edit the OP to clarify that there is nothing illegal going on here. Just pointing out the latest in the xenophobic and fake war against the non-existent invading Muslim threat.

Well, while I agree that a large-scale invasion on US soil will not happen within my lifetime, at least this rifle will keep people like the guy here in Cincinnati (Christopher Cornell) from going to that gun store and buying that AR with which he was going to drive to our nation's capital and open fire on lawmakers.

So, I guess there's that level of deterrent, which isn't a very high one.

I'm more worried about the brainwashed religious zealots who think it's their god-ordained duty to start up a new crusade. This seems like the perfect weapon for them...although, I don't see them any more of a major threat that your average Muslim terrorist that does one-off attacks around the world.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

We could send them all to try and sort out ISIS I suppose.
I would kinda respect them If they did.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Haha.

He picked one of the most prominent verses calling for Jihad in Psalms.

Something tells me he wasn't that stupid.

But then again... Murica.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I'm more worried about the brainwashed religious zealots who think it's their god-ordained duty to start up a new crusade. This seems like the perfect weapon for them...although, I don't see them any more of a major threat that your average Muslim terrorist that does one-off attacks around the world.

I agree completely here. And by no means am I trying to fearmonger here by saying that Christians are going to reenact the Crusades in America's backyard or anything. Though if you feel compelled to buy this rifle, I will say that you should probably just check the "am I an asshole?" box for your personality.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

a reply to: greencmp

If you are implying that I am trying to ask to have guns banned, you are SORELY mistaken.

No, not at all, just joking about the free advertising aspect of the whole evil guns thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Such is the double edged sword of bringing questionable things to light. I just figured this would be a good conversation to have among ATS. I'm not exactly trying to be the bad guy here.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Mind you If I had a gun I would jazz it up a little.
Have they not always written stuff on guns and bombs?.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Whoopey Jesuses army will march again!!.

Send those 19 year old sheep to the next darn war all for Jesus!!.

I want a Hello Kitty one though

Or one with Monkey Magic on

Here ya go!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Such is the double edged sword of bringing questionable things to light. I just figured this would be a good conversation to have among ATS. I'm not exactly trying to be the bad guy here.

No worries, I really am just making light of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

They don't let you do that in the military anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Marketing. An overpriced rifle that appeals to a segment of the population. They will make a hefty profit.

The "Templar" thing has made a comeback in the last few years.

I had an "idea" to make money but decided against it with something similar but easier.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Fortieth attempt to post this...
reply to: Krazysh0t

The Crusaders were told that they would receive absolution for their sins. We now know, in this far more enlightened age, that those who promised them such did so to make war possible, not because it was the truth. In my religion, only repentance can achieve that aim, repentance before Jesus, I might add, not the legion of men and women who claim (often falsely) to be his mouthpiece on Earth.

You cannot be absolved of your sin by human lips, only by repentance before Christ as your only Lord and master.

All persons of the Christian faith, if they follow it seriously (and no, I do not mean going to church, or paying a tithe, or any of that entirely mortal nonsense) no matter what service they may be in, require to repent of killing, no matter what circumstances they kill in, if they seek to be welcomed into the arms of heaven when they pass from this world.

A Bible passage has no place on a firearm for this reason, nor did it have any place on a sword. A shield, perhaps. Armour, probably. But not on anything designed for the purpose of taking lives. I am not saying that Christians should not go to war, because duty to ones fellow man and the willingness to put oneself in harms way, that another might not have to, is amongst the most noble things a person can do, of any faith. But repentance... This weapon is not for those who believe in repentance, but for those fooled into believing that any mortal crusade is ordained and permitted by the Almighty, a belief which is erroneous.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Hmmm. How much do they want for one?.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join