It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Maker Creates 'Crusader' Assault Rifle With Bible Verse On It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Heh...

How about no? I know its all in jest, but the very idea makes me nauseous.

The less we repeat of that moment in history, even for comedic purpose, the better in my view.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh it comes off as a joke...but I'm serious about it. People really would buy that crap. There are people today who really believe that a new "crusade" is underway.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

And this is why I do not deal with congregational religion any more.

Watching people march into the mouth of hell is bad enough, happens every day. But watching them go there under the false impression that they are serving Jesus? That is a scene that has played out enough on this planet.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

"Army 4 Jesus" -- I've seen people post that and wear t-shirts like that.

If anything, Jesus would be trying to convince people to NOT fight and make war. He'd probably want to sit them all down around a table and eat some awesome food and try to find common ground and peace. He was all about that food, ever notice how much they mention food in the Bible? I don't think it's on accident...

People just want a way to legitimize their anger and violent urges. If they can slap a religion onto it, it makes them part of something bigger. It's sad, eh?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It makes me furious.

Certainly, it is sad, but it makes me furious more than anything else, because it shows a total lack of understanding and comprehension on the part of people who perform the pantomime of Christianity, instead of interacting with the meat and potatoes of it. These people make those of whom they do to approve, feel uncomfortable or outright ostracise them from their church communities on a regular basis, consider themselves to be true servants of God, and yet judge every man and woman before their gaze...

They epitomise the things that have been wrong with the Church since before there even was one, the things that Jesus specifically warned against, and operate against the things he recommended.

Bleh. What is that funny taste in my mouth. Oh yes... Its FAIL!

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I'd buy a set of that armour. If only for the double takes it would get when I rocked it on the range...

Double takes are always fun to observe.

As for the issue? Meh. It's a niche product, aimed at a very specific clientele.

Mountain out of a molehill comes quickly to mind.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I know right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join