It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Maker Creates 'Crusader' Assault Rifle With Bible Verse On It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Look, you had to know this was coming so I'm just going to go ahead and beat a few of our resident right-wingers to the punch by saying it first, with extreme sarcasm.

"Everyone knows that Obama is behind this. Obama had this guy make these guns just to inflame racial division and reinforce his previous statement about certain people clinging to their guns & Bibles." There I said it.

Actually, I find this disturbing on several levels.

For starters; It does kinda legitimize the President's previous observation about some people clinging to their guns & Bibles, even if this is just an isolated case. (sales of these guns will speak more directly to the actual size of that demographic.)

Secondly; It disappoints me to think that one of our Navy Seals can be so naive as to think this would actually stop his enemy from using the weapon. If disarming terrorists were that simple, why not just start engraving Bible verses on everything from bullets to ICBMs and declare "Mission Accomplished?"

Thirdly; Someone else already said it in this thread and I'll repeat it, "God doesn't need anyone to kill people for him, or in his name" and it's mind boggling to think that many try to rationalize just the opposite.

If anything, this reminds of Samuel Jackson's Bible verse scene out of "Pulp Fiction" and everyone knows he played the role of a perfectly sane, level headed and physiologically balanced individual in that movie. (More Extreme Sarcasm)

While I agree that adorning a gun in such a way is indeed perfectly legal and should remain that way, the mentality of those who support doing so is both disturbing and worrisome.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Well, if you follow the 10 commandments, isn't there one that says "I shall not kill?" It's funny how religious people try to justify killing in the name of God. The hypocrisy of religion goes on and on.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The American Taliban

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Of all the terrible crap going on in this country, you choose THIS to make a stand on? Marketing ploy is all it is and yet you feverishly try to turn it into some fanatical Christian crusade. Are you so embarrassed by this country you live in?

You claim there is no Muslim threat yet you have ISIS taking over in the Middle East, cutting heads off by the hundreds and you have no issue with that??

The emergence of the so-called Islamic State (IS or ISIS or ISIL) jihadist group has, however, plunged Iraq into a period of turbulence so debilitating that, for the first time, these death counts can no longer keep up with the killing. “We just can’t handle this thing that we started a few years ago,” said Jean-Marc Mojon, AFP’s Iraq Bureau Chief.

Link

So far ISIS has seized territory in Iraq and Syria that is about the size of Belgium, but as the video released today shows, their plans to expand the caliphate don’t end there.

Link

A caliphate (Arabic: خِلافة‎ khilāfa) is a form of Islamic government led by a caliph (Arabic: خَليفة‎ khalīfah pronunciation (help. · info))—a person considered a political and religious successor to the prophet Muhammad and a leader of the entire Muslim community.

Isis is against Gay people.

The terror group have butchered a number of gay men in public executions within many of its strongholds in Syria.

Link

ISIS supports women's rights! (NOT)

Just when you thought it was impossible for ISIS to become any more contemptible, the group in a recent publication boasted of its success in bringing the return of slavery. More specifically, it announced and provided elaborate justification for the enslavement of women.

Link

People since the beginning have had to have beliefs, some believe in religion. As long as it doesn't really affect anyone else what does it matter? You and the people that hold your political and ideological mind set are HELL BENT against any Christian anything in this government, you cannot even stand a Bible verse used as a Marketing ploy. Which I would actually think you could support the Bible being used only to sell product. Yet you are totally fine with a religious caliphate being established in the ME with the intention of Convert or Die.

Modern day Christians are not actively invading countries and brutally murdering people. IF you want to try to make a thin correlation to US involvement in the ME I would ask for you to provide me proof that the US is doing so out of a sense of establishing some religious government there. The real reason is for the natural resources that can be taken, not for a specific religious purpose. If there is a religious purpose PLEASE enlighten me.

If there are only like 20% of the entire Muslim population that could be considered "Extremist" that is a really low number right? Only 20% of 1.2 billion is 240,000,000 enemy combatants. Surely that number is super low and nothing to be concerned with.

Now you have a former Navy Seal, who has dealt with the opposing side of matters (unlike you keyboard warriors) who has seen the real truth of the Muslim reign of terror putting a Bible verse on a rifle and you are up in arms. Perhaps your priorities are Mal-aligned.

But hey some dude put a bible verse on a gun. Damn all right leaning retards!!!

edit on 3-9-2015 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What an embarrassment to the Christian religion this is.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Nuff said.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Don't ask me. Get a hold of the guy selling them and ask him if you are hell bent on actually owning one of these false Christian idols.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doom and Gloom

Of all the terrible crap going on in this country, you choose THIS to make a stand on? Marketing ploy is all it is and yet you feverishly try to turn it into some fanatical Christian crusade. Are you so embarrassed by this country you live in?

First off, I'm not "making a stand" on anything. I'm just posting this article for ATS consumption. It's not like I'm pushing to have this man arrested or have guns banned because this idiot wants to market to xenophobic assholes who wrongly think that Muslim terrorists are invading our country.

You claim there is no Muslim threat yet you have ISIS taking over in the Middle East, cutting heads off by the hundreds and you have no issue with that??

Last I checked, the Middle East isn't in the United States. Does your map show something different?

People since the beginning have had to have beliefs, some believe in religion. As long as it doesn't really affect anyone else what does it matter? You and the people that hold your political and ideological mind set are HELL BENT against any Christian anything in this government, you cannot even stand a Bible verse used as a Marketing ploy. Which I would actually think you could support the Bible being used only to sell product. Yet you are totally fine with a religious caliphate being established in the ME with the intention of Convert or Die.

Well of course I don't want Christian anything in the government. Separation of Church and state. Duh, but this OP has nothing to do with the government. So that point was completely irrelevant.

Also, where did I say that I was totally fine with a religious caliphate being established in the ME (not that this going to succeed or anything, but whatever)? You appear to have invented my side of the argument to argue against (most call that a Strawman Fallacy). Which is odd since pretty much every other Conservative who has responded to this thread understood that I wasn't fishing for an argument. Maybe try rereading my points, and subsequent posts in this thread. Your reading comprehension appears to be off.

Modern day Christians are not actively invading countries and brutally murdering people. IF you want to try to make a thin correlation to US involvement in the ME I would ask for you to provide me proof that the US is doing so out of a sense of establishing some religious government there. The real reason is for the natural resources that can be taken, not for a specific religious purpose. If there is a religious purpose PLEASE enlighten me.

If there are only like 20% of the entire Muslim population that could be considered "Extremist" that is a really low number right? Only 20% of 1.2 billion is 240,000,000 enemy combatants. Surely that number is super low and nothing to be concerned with.

What does this have to do with Muslims invading the US? Because that ISN'T happening.

Now you have a former Navy Seal, who has dealt with the opposing side of matters (unlike you keyboard warriors) who has seen the real truth of the Muslim reign of terror putting a Bible verse on a rifle and you are up in arms. Perhaps your priorities are Mal-aligned.

Keyboard warrior? I'm an Iraq veteran son.

Oh look the Kardashians are on let me go be like you.....

Impossible. You need better reading comprehension to be me.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What does this have to do with Muslims invading the US? .

WASHINGTON — In a dramatic assessment of the domestic threat posed by the Islamic State, FBI Director James Comey said Thursday there are "hundreds, maybe thousands" of people across the country who are receiving recruitment overtures from the terrorist group or directives to attack the U.S.

link

By the by, I also did my time in that hell hole. For you to call me son, you may want to come earn that privilege in person.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Maybe the manufacture should put that bible verse about living by the sword, and ending up being on the wrong side of one.

And remember to beg God to save you...For your God won't hear it.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

I'm going to continue to call you son as long as you continue to insult my intelligence, because that is something an immature teenager would do. Respect is a two way street, son.

From the OP:

The Florida chapter of the Council for Islamic Relations points out there have been more than 250 mass killings in the United States this year, and only one involved a self-proclaimed Muslim.

But hey, you are likely to say that the Council for Islamic relations is biased since they are Muslims. Here is the New York Times saying the same thing.

Homegrown Extremists Tied to Deadlier Toll Than Jihadists in U.S. Since 9/11

But the breakdown of extremist ideologies behind those attacks may come as a surprise. Since Sept. 11, 2001, nearly twice as many people have been killed by white supremacists, antigovernment fanatics and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims: 48 have been killed by extremists who are not Muslim, including the recent mass killing in Charleston, S.C., compared with 26 by self-proclaimed jihadists, according to a count by New America, a Washington research center.

Your stats about domestic insurgents are irrelevant if they aren't actually killing anyone you know?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

If my replies to you were taken as insult to your intelligence, let me offer to you a formal apology of such offense.

Seeing the current climate of issues and the constant battering of NON-issues on this site and most all media outlets I grow very irritable.

There are very real problems in the world that need to be dealt with. I tend to not be globally minded, I prefer to take care of my own before taking care of others. The fact that this country has continued in a downward death spiral.

There are homeless in the streets, there are starving children in our own country. There is a lack of jobs. Yet I feel people are expending way too much energy on needless drivel that amounts to nothing in the end game.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

Apology accepted.

Keep in mind, this whole website is needless drivel that doesn't amount to anything in the end game. Nothing you say or bring attention to is going to change anything. It's all just entertainment. You may think that talking about an issue you think is more sensitive or crucial to society's survival is accomplishing something, but you are wrong. As soon as the people reading and participating in the conversation leave ATS, they are going to go RIGHT back to their normal daily routine no matter how "awake" they think they are. It's just how it is.

So in effect, complaining about thread content is meaningless since none of it really matters. If the topic conversations are making you overly irritable, may I suggest you take a break from ATS? I was getting a bit strung out from ATS for a while too and my posts were getting rather inflammatory. I'm currently trying to ease myself back from the brink so I don't get banned or seriously infracted.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I just started back to the gym. I can vent my frustrations there. The world makes one insane.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Gun Maker Creates 'Crusader' Assault Rifle With Bible Verse On It

A Florida gun manufacturer is facing criticism for creating an assault rifle with a Bible verse on it that's meant to stop "Muslim terrorists" from using it.

Images of the AR-15 Crusader rifle posted online by Spike's Tactical in Apopka show an emblem of a cross inside a shield similar to those used by the Knights Templar during the Crusades on one side.

The other side features Psalm 144:1:

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Erm... I'm not sure how I feel about this. Is it really a good idea to associate Christianity with Muslim violence? But the guy who made it isn't helping his case.

Ben “Mookie” Thomas, a former Navy Seal and spokesman for Spike’s Tactical, told the Orlando Sentinel he wanted a rifle that no devout Muslim would touch.

"Off the cuff I said I'd like to have a gun that if a Muslim terrorist picked it up a bolt of lightning would hit and knock him dead," Thomas told the newspaper.

That sounds kind of xenophobic to me. The Council for Islamic Relations agrees with me.

The Florida chapter of the Council for Islamic Relations points out there have been more than 250 mass killings in the United States this year, and only one involved a self-proclaimed Muslim.

"Sadly, this manufacturer’s fancy new gun won’t do anything to stop the real threat in America: the escalating problem of gun violence," the organization said in a statement cited by WTSP. "This is just another shameful marketing ploy intended to profit from the promotion of hatred, division and violence."

Earlier this summer, the chapter filed a federal lawsuit against a Florida gun store that declared itself a "Muslim-free zone." In addition, the parent organization has asked the Department of Justice to address the growing number of "Muslim-free" businesses.

Now, I WILL grant that this guy is a Navy Seal and probably met more than one Muslim Terrorist while deployed overseas in various combat zones. HOWEVER, this gun is supposed to be marketed HERE in the states. To civilians. Who do you think are going to be the type of people who buy this gun? Other Navy Seals OR xenophobes who think that Muslims are about to invade the country?

ETA: The Council for Islamic Relations likely doesn't have a case either. There is nothing against the law about marketing legal merchandise that is bigoted.

What an atrocity.

This just triggers all of my memories during the Bush era of all these "Christians" supporting Bush bombing and invading countries and instituting torture, praising Jesus the whole time. And many of the soldiers too who would be quoting all kinds of Christian stuff.

Jesus is turning in his grave or doing a double face palm in heaven.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't know how to respond to this. On one hand I see it as a sad reflection on the state of Christians in the US who twist words of peace from a book about coexistence into slogans for war, to be put on machines meant for killing. On the other hand, I'm not sure what this guy is doing that's actually wrong, he's certainly free to market a product in any way he desires even if some may find it distasteful.

I guess I'll just end it by saying, what would Jesus say to this guy?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

This sums up my sentiments on this issue exactly. The guy really should ask himself if that is a good use of his religion. WWJD right?
edit on 4-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

When I was in Iraq in 2006, they kept trying to give me copies of the New Testament (with the covers all decked out in desert camouflage). At the time I was still a Christian, though I still couldn't understand why I'd need THAT in a war zone. Though I was a Christian that actually thought that peace was what Christians wanted. War isn't peace. No matter how "righteous" it seems. Maybe that is one of the reasons I became disillusioned with the faith.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

What we have here is a crusader.

With the cross of Jesus, going on before…

What we have here is a Christian extremist, one of those people the US government and public routinely ignores when they start preaching their hatred of others and encouraging violence.

If this guy were Muslim and writing verses from the Koran on guns he would already be in a cell ready for the DHS to start interrogating him, we all know this is true and we all know there are massive double standards applied across the US.

In the last year we've seen:

A Christian preacher in NY put up a sign in the street calling for LGBT people to be stoned to death.
A Christian in California posting a bill to create a law permitting the extermination of LGBT people.
A Christian conference where speakers stood on stage and openly stated that a war was coming and the Christian "Crusaders" needed to arm themselves.

If these had been Muslims making the same attacks using freedom of speech, they would have been arrested, but somehow, in the good ole US of A, you get a free pass as long as you're a Christian extremist promoting exactly the same intolerance and violence toward others.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Sweet Lower. I'd rock it. He's a SEAL. There's a lot going on there from Valhalla to Manon Labe to psalms. Kinda their thing. Its probably more marketed towards ex combat vets then gen pop. Spikes Tact makes quality stuff. It's more niche that xenophobia.
edit on 4-9-2015 by BlastedCaddy because: Their

Edit:
So after reading the entire post some of you need to stop typing. Your nonsense is contagious and you are whats wrong with this country. You say us right wing gun owners are paranoid. Look at the lot of ya. Go back and re read it. Really read what some of you are saying... That is what is shameful. Not because there is a religious verse on a gun. WhoTF cares. Sh1t spewing bunch. The scariest part of that is some of you probably have real friends that spew the same thing day in day out to any weak minded mind that will buy in. Just spreading like a cancer.

For shame.
edit on 4-9-2015 by BlastedCaddy because: 2a

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Now all we need is some "Crusader" body armor. Someone could make a killing selling Kevlar vests that are white with a big red Templar cross on them.

You could create an entire line of tactical gear, knives that look like crosses...canteens filled with holy water..."Lazarus energy shots" to keep you going in battle.

But the Pièce De Résistance would be some kind of tactical sword, emblazoned with biblical quotes, and shooting flames.

edit on 4-9-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join